[1] If it's meant to be it will be.

More Days With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years. Hyuk has been waiting for him for 2 years. He tried to look for him. He realized that he never really knew much about him. Like where he works, his family and even his friends. He only knows his address and that he is still ing in love with him. Luckily, he was able to find his social media. Thanks to his sleuthing skills, he was able to find his Instagram. He doesn’t do facebook or twitter. Just Instagram. But what he only posts there are not photos of him but random photos. He has tried to figure out where he is based on the photos. But the photos were too… common. Like the skies, his coffee, and other stuff that you can find anywhere. He never posted anything that would give hint on where he is.

Hyuk also found out that Hae didn’t sell his apartment. It was being taken care of the lady who gave him the box. He would go there occasionally to check if he’s back. That’s his only hope on seeing him again. The lady knows him already. He would bring her pastries, sweets and sometimes flowers, hoping that one day, the lady would give in and tell him where he is. Because she knows, she knows where Donghae is. She just respects Donghae’s decision to not tell him where he is.

In those 2 years, Hyuk was able to learn that Donghae had a brother and his mother is in Mokpo where his province is. He also discovered that the younger doesn’t have much friends. He only has a few ones he had when he was still in the university. As the younger studied in Mokpo until high school and transferred to Seoul when he went to college. He also discovered where Donghae worked, it wasn’t really that hard to find his workplace. However, when he tried to find him there, he already left the company and didn’t mention to any of his colleagues where he is transferring to.

He didn’t have enough courage to reach out to his friends and his family because he knew it was his fault why Donghae decided to leave. So all he can do is wait. And hope he comes back. There are times when he thought he had seen the other in a coffee shop, a bookstore, or even in the streets. He feels like he’s going crazy because he’s seeing him when he knows that he’s somewhere far away.

Now his only hope is the lady caretaker of Donghae’s apartment.

He knows. Donghae knows. That Hyukjae has been looking for him for the past two years. He knows that Hyuk has been visiting his apartment and bugging his Aunty (not his real aunt. But he calls her Aunty) on where he is right now. His former colleagues also mentioned to him that a guy named Lee Hyukjae was looking for him. They even joked if he borrowed some money from the guy that’s why Hyukjae was looking for him. He just laughed at them. He didn’t tell them anything.

Donghae even knows that Hyuk found his Instagram account. There was one time that Hyuk accidentally liked his post. Hahaha. And there aren’t much people who knows his IG account. That’s why he’s extra careful on what he posts on his account.

Donghae was given an opportunity in London. He really didn’t want to leave. He really wanted to wait for Hyukjae. But as each day passes by, it was breaking him. There were times that he would see Siwon and Hyukjae on a date and he would see Hyuk laughing and smiling but it wasn’t because of him. He realized that it will never be him. It finally came to him that he will never be the one. The one Hyuk will choose. The one that Hyuk will love for the rest of his life. He has finally accepted his fate. That’s why when that opportunity came, he didn’t let it slip.

It was like a deadline. He said that he will wait up until the day he has to leave. He was hoping and praying that Hyukjae will come to him and tell him that he is finally choosing him for the last time. So, he waited. Days. Weeks. Until the day that he is finally leaving. He was still hoping that Hyuk would come, but he didn’t. He finally accepted that it was not really meant to be.

“Aunty, I have to go now. I don’t want to miss my flight.” Donghae started to gather his luggage and backpack and getting ready to go. He has booked a taxi as well.

“Take care of yourself. Okay?” His aunty gave him a warm hug. “I’ll take care of your home here. You’ll come back, right?” She let go of him. He smiled at her. “If I ever find a reason to come back, I will. Thank you for granting my wish for you to stay here while I’m gone. Oh, I have another favor to ask you.” Hae hurries to his room. He almost forgot. He brought out the box. He has been keeping it for months. And he wrote the letter just last night before he went to bed. “In case someone named, Lee Hyukjae comes by, could you please give this to him?” Donghae gives to his aunty the box who carefully examines the box.

“Does he know that you’re leaving?”

“No… he doesn’t. Please don’t tell him where I’m going. I don’t want him to find me.” Hae said while he was trying his best to hold his tears from falling. Because it still hurts. That he is leaving everything behind. That he is leaving Hyukjae. But isn’t it Hyukjae who left first? Sigh.

“Okay. I won’t tell him. I’ll let you know if he comes by.”

“Thank you, aunty. I’ll go now. The taxi is outside already. Take care. I’ll call you” Donghae gave one final quick hug to his aunty and went outside.

“Okay Hae, have a safe flight”

“Thanks Aunty” he waved goodbye as he went into the taxi that is bound to the airport. His tears fell that he has been holding back for so long. He cried his heart out like the day he walked out of his apartment. The pain was just like it was yesterday. He didn’t mind if the driver would find him weird that he is crying like a baby at the back. He had been crying the whole trip to the airport. He wanted to leave everything behind. The pain, the tears and even the memories. He wanted to start anew in London. A clean slate. A fresh start. He has to. He wanted to. Now it’s time to say goodbye.

Goodbye, Hyukjae.

 

*Knock knock*

Hyukjae had a free time today. It’s a weekend and he decided to visit aunty at Donghae’s apartment. It has become a routine for him already. He has brought some chicken that they can eat while chatting.

The door opened and aunty appeared. “Hi Aunty! I bought chicken!” Hyuk bringing up the chicken showing it to aunty and smiled widely at her and she smiled back at him. They went inside and Hyuk settled himself on the living room, bringing out the chicken he has brought with him. Aunty brought out plates and utensils for them to use and some drinks.

He must admit, he’s become attached to Hae’s aunty that he now calls her aunty too. She doesn’t mind, really. As she can see that Hyukjae is a nice person and she has seen for the past two years that Hyukjae never gave up on Donghae. She can really see how much he loves him. Sometimes she just wants to tell Hyukjae where Donghae is because she can clearly see and feel that they are still in love with each other.

“So how are you, aunty? Did you miss me? Hahaha” Hyukjae asked before st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter