1 - back again

with love, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chemical scent in the aircraft itches the slightest discomfort after prolonged inhalation, and Seungwan realizes how long she has not been on an air flight since the one taking her to Toronto three years ago.

 

She follows the crowd as they swarm into the airport quietly, most probably because they are exhausted from the 14-hour flight, including her even though she had spent almost half of it sleeping in a sitting position. It is definitely not the best position to sleep with and Seungwan just wants to rest on a soft bed so badly.

 

After fetching her luggage from the belt, she dashes to the only door leading outside the hall, eyes busy scanning through the layers of people waiting for passengers like her, finally seeing a brown-head jumping at the back of the crowd with a cardboard raised over her head with her name written on it. 

 

"Seulgi–!" Seungwan gives her best friend a big hug the moment they are away from the earlier crowd.

 

"You are finally back, I missed you so much!" Seulgi pulls away from the hug and pouts, triggering small chuckles from her.

 

"But we almost facetimed every week," Seungwan tilts her head. "You saw my face more than anyone else I know in Seoul."

 

"Still! It is different from seeing you in. person." Seulgi emphasizes the last part before her smile reaching to her eyes, hand grabbing the luggage. "Oh, let's talk as we go. So how's the trip?"

 

"It is like a whole business trip but barely any time for me to go around- not gonna lie I thought I would at least stand a chance to explore around Toronto but uh, obviously I didn't get to until I resigned."

 

"You resigned?!" Seulgi halts in her walk as a frown appear on her face. "No wonder you looked really relaxed the last time I saw you...but you didn't tell me about that." Seulgi pouts again.

 

"I know you are going to be very surprised so I decided to keep it from you until I am back. But hey, I get to finally relax, and hang out with you and others, that's the bright side of it."

 

Seulgi sighs with a small scratch on her neck, but soon s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter