Arcade Woes

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. A smile came naturally onto my face until I remembered what happened and it was wiped off. I opened my eyes and realized I was on my bed and there seemed to be World War III happening in my kitchen.

*So it really is real...*

I grabbed my head and walked out into the kitchen only to see the dreaded six blonde heads sitting at my dining table.

"When did I have so many chairs?" I mumbled, still feeling drowsy.

"We got it from your storage." Himchan replied as he placed a huge plate of well made pancakes on the table.

"Mmm..." I wasn't even listening as I grabbed one and sat down at the table.

6 pair of eyes eyed my every move as I picked up my fork and knife and grabbed a few pancakes and bacon off the plate. I placed it on my own plate and spread the honey and butter before cutting a big piece and stuffing it into my mouth.

"So do you care to explain?" I asked after I swallowed my first bite.

"Do earthlings normally eat their breakfast without brushing their teeth?" Youngjae asked, disgusted.

"No, it's only me." I answered and then gave him a glare."Don't change the subject."

He raised his hands in surrender and leaned back in his chair.

"So you guys are really genies?" I asked, cutting another piece of pancake.

The 6 of them nodded.

"Enlighten me then," I said.

"There isn't much to explain anymore. We're genies and we came from those lamps." Yongguk pointed at the 6 different colored lamps.

"One genie can only grant their owner one wish so since you have 6 of us, you get 6 wishes but now there's only 5 and that reminds us, you have to sacrifice another one to let Zelo talk again," Jongup explained.

I looked at Zelo who was sitting on a stool with his mouth in a tight line. Still not completely believing that it might be a joke of theirs but not wanting to start quarreling with them again, I nodded and complied. "I wish you'd get your voice back."

Zelo looked at me expectantly and then opened his mouth slowly."Ah...ah."

His face brightened."I can talk again! Wah! Thank you noona!" He rushed over and pulled me out of my seat, taking me in for a big bear hug.

For the first time being so close to him, I realized that he was really tall which made me look short. I pulled away from him and gave him a dirty look.

"Is noona like some kind of insult?"

"No it's not. It's what we younger boys call girls who are slightly older than us. You're mine and Jongup's noona, since you're 18 years old and we're 16 and 17. You're the same age as Youngjae while Daehyun, Himchan and Yongguk are older so you have to call them oppa!"

"Is that like, genie language?"

Zelo nodded.

"And what's oppa?"

"It's what you call guys older than you or how you call your older brother."

"Oh, okay." I said, still not quite getting it.

"Although oppa is also an intimate way of calli-"

Zelo was cut off by Himchan."I don't think it's really necessary for her to know that."

I gave him a weird look."So, to summarize it all, you all are genies and I'm your owner and you all have to grant me 6 wishes before you can go back to genie land?"

Daehyun and Youngjae nodded.

I grinned."Okay then, so any wish I want?"

"Well, you only have left with 4 wishes though."

"Good enough. So I'll make all 4 wishes now and then you'll all go back?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes but as the rule states, the owner can only make 2 wishes per month and you just did that in the month of March so I guess you'll have to wait for next month."

"Bwoh?!" I spit out my bacon.

"In the meantime, we'll go out and play! We'll see you later!" Zelo shrieked and went running out of the house along with s.

===

"How great genies they are..." I complained as I washed the dishes and cleaned the mess they made.

Just then, my cell phone rang. I wiped my hands dry before picking it up and wedged it in between my ear and shoulder. "Hello?"

"Hey baby." A smooth voice greeted.

I perked up immediately." Byunghun!"

"So are you ready? I'm coming over to your house right now."

I paused to think for a reason why Byunghun would be coming to my house. I gasped. The date!

"What's wrong?" Byunghun asked.

The plate I was washing almost slipped and I caught it just in time, flustered.

"N-nothing. Yeah, of course I'm ready. I still need to do a few finishing touches so ring the bell when you're here. I'm hanging up!" Before I can hear him say 'bye', I hung up and ran to my bedroom to dress myself.

In 10 minutes, I was just putting on the last of my lip gloss and prepping up my hair when the doorbell rang.

"Just in time," I smiled to myself in the mirror and went to open the door for Byunghun. He gave me one of his charming smiles and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"You smell a little different today," I said when we broke the hug.

For a millisecond, I swore I saw his face froze but shook it off when he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Really? Must be the new cologne my mum bought for me."

"I preferred the old one though."

Byunghun smiled and wrapped his arms around me."Then I'd put it on just for you next time."

I grinned and walked out of the house. Our date was the usual. A movie, some window shopping, dinner and then if there was still time, we'd go to the arcade or a walk in the park. This time, we chose the arcade.

"Do you want to play the usual?" Byunghun smirked knowingly.

"Why when you know you'll lose?" I smiled back.

He rolled his eyes jokingly and walked to the dancing machine. But instead of the two empty spots, there were two guys dancing crazily there along with a bunch of crowds cheering after them. Curious, we both pushed our way to the front of the crowd to catch a better view.

My eyes widened when I saw how good they were at dancing. Not only were their feets flying, they were even throwing in a few of their dance moves. And not to mention their topping the high scores by so much. Impressed, I continued watching until the game ended and they showed the winner. Clapping along, the two guys turned around and met eyes with me.

I stopped breathing as my hands froze where they were in midair."No way..."

"Haejin? Haejin?" Byunghun shook me gently."Are you alright? You look kind of pale."

I snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed Byunghun's arm, practically dragging him out of the place. But I guess I was too late.

"Oh, noona! Noona!" Zelo called over the chaos and waved his hands wildly.

A group of people glanced in my direction and Byunghun looked between me and Zelo weirdly.

"Do you know him?"

I shook my head."Of course not."

"Haejin noona!" Zelo shouted and ran over to me.

I mentally face palmed myself. Slowly, the other blondes made their way over to me.

"What brings you here?" Himchan asked, an ice cream stick in his mouth.

"I should ask you the same thing," I glared at them, trying to send them a signal to go far, far away and never come back.

"Who's this? Anothing earthling?" Zelo poked Byunghun's arm.

"Earthling?" Byunghun frowned as he brushed off Zelo's hand.

Youngjae laughed awkwardly and kicked Zelo's leg."He's really into aliens and space nowadays. Teenagers."

Byunghun nodded and gave a forced smile before snapping his lips into a thin line and turning to look at me."So shall we go?"

I was about to say yes when Zelo cut in again.

"Are you going home noona? If you are, then let's go together!"

I groaned and gave the members a hopeless look, asking them to help me shut up that maknae. Yongguk and Daehyun got the hint and whispered something into Zelo's ear. Eyes shining like stars, he nodded his head and walked out of the arcade.

"I want to try all the samples in the desert shop!"

One by one, the others left and I turned to Byunghun."Let's go."

But Byunghun gave a piercing gaze."Why did that psycho ask to go home together?"

I racked my brain for something."Their just my new neighbors and they are from a different country so they cling to me a lot for directions and all." I lied swiftly.

Byunghun bent down to my level and looked at me closely."You know I don't like you lying to me."

"I'm not." I looked back at him with wide eyes, hoping he'd see past the facade I was putting up.

It's either he believed me or didn't want to push too much into the matter anymore because he straightened and took my hands in his.

"Okay then. I believe you. How about we grab an ice cream and I'll send you home?"

I nodded, relieved. "That'd be great."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait!

And thank you so much for subscribing! It meant so much to me, especially after a hard time for me at school.