Sudden Confession

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"Noona, noona, noona." Jongup came running towards me after school has ended. I turned the combination to my locker while laughing at how frantic he's being.

"Yes, Jongup?"

"Let's go on a date!" He grinned from ear to ear.

I stopped taking my books and froze."What?"

"Let's go on a date." He repeated.

"A d-date?" I stuttered, willing myself to go back to packing my books.

Jongup nodded, oblivious to the term date.

"S-sure. Okay." I agreed, closing the locker door.

"Let's go." He said, pulling me out in a hurry.

"What's the hurry?" I asked, being dragged along.

"I don't want hyungs and especially Zelo to know about this."

"Why not?"

"I want to have a bonding time with noona, just the two of us!" He turned to look at me and I blushed under his gaze.

"So where are we going?" I asked, changing the subject.

"To have lunch. I'll bring you somewhere really romantic."

I kept quiet all the way after that, letting Jongup do the leading and talking. We took the public transport and arrived at the local shopping street.

"We're here!" Jongup exclaimed, finally coming to a stop.

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips."Somewhere romantic huh?"

"Yeah!" Jongup nodded enthusiastically.

I looked over at Jongup's ecstatic face and back to the overcrowded fast food restaurant.

"Okay, if this is your idea of romantic."

"Isn't it?" Jongup frowned.

My eyes widened in amusement."Of course..."

I was deciding whether to add in the 'not' but Jongup didn't give me a chance to, pulling me in to find a seat. He decided to take the honors of ordering the food, so I told him what I wanted. After 15 minutes, he came back with a tray of food.

"What makes you think this place is romantic?" I asked him in between.

"Himchan hyung said so."

I paused."Himchan?"

"Neh, Himchan."

"Himchan." I raised my eyebrow.

Jongup looked at me weirdly."You look like you want to kill someone."

I forced a laugh."Oh no. I'm just really, surprised."

"You like it, noona?" Jongup's face broke out into an innocent smile.

I wanted to tell the truth, that this isn't called romantic but instead I nodded."Yes, I like it."

After the meal, we decided to take a stroll at the Han river, since we were near it.

"Couple bikes." Jongup suddenly said.

I turned to look at him."Hmm?"

"Let's ride the couple bike."

I looked at the other couples sitting on the two-seater bike. Seeing how much fun they were having and wanting to be a part of that fun, I agreed to Jongup's request. We rented a bike and that was when the problem started.

"I want to sit in front!" I complained.

"Ani noona! Girls should sit behind!"

"Why? There's no rule saying girls should sit behind." I crossed my arms.

"But look, all the other girls are sitting behind and the guys in front." Jongup pointed to the other people riding the couple bikes.

"That's them. Let's be different then. You sit behind and I'll sit in front."

"Noooooo!"

"Yesss!"

"Noona!"

"You want to sit in front don't you?" I pointed a finger at him.

Jongup's eyes widened and he shook his head.

"Okay, then I'll sit in front." I was about to swing my leg over the seat but Jongup pulled me back.

I sighed in frustration."Fine, let's play scissors, paper stone. Winner sits in front."

Jongup nodded.

"Scissors, paper...stone!" I shouted, holding out scissors while Jongup had stone.

I pouted at the result and unwillingly got onto the back seat. Halfway through the silent ride, Jongup asked to stop the bike.

"What now?" I glumly asked.

"Are you angry noona?" He turned around to face me.

"No." I mumbled.

"Let's switch place."

"No." I stubborn refused.

"Noonaaa." Jongup sang.

I looked away, still not willing to accept his so called apology. Several seconds later, I was lifted off the seat and carried towards the front.

"Yah! Put me down!" I flailed around in his arms - which were really strong considering a 17 year old, or so I thought.

Jongup planted me down on the front seat. I was about to get up but he pushed me back down and sat behind. Before I can get up again, Jongup started pedaling.

"Noona! Pedal!" Jongup exclaimed.

I didn't oblige and kept my legs still.

"Come on noona. I can't do this alone." Jongup panted loudly, already tired from exerting twice the strength needed.

Only doing it because his voice sounded pitiful, I grumbled and started pedaling. We stopped somewhere in the evening for ice cream.

"Noona." Jongup started.

The sun has set, and there were fewer people around us, making it all the more silent with only the occasional insect sounds.

"Hmm?"

"What if..." Jongup trailed off.

I waited for him to continue, taking a big bite of ice cream.

"What if I told you I like you?"

By his sudden question, I took in a quick intake of breath but choking on the liquid instead. My coughing fit started and I ran towards the sides of the river, hitting my chest thinking it'll ease the uncomfortable feeling.

"Noona! Kwenchana?" Jongup asked, patting my back.

I held out a hand, telling him I'm alright. After I'm sure I wasn't choking anymore, I turned to face Jongup, only to find his face were just mere inches away from mine. I was quick to push him away, moving back a few steps. Remembering his question, I shook my head.

"That's impossible."

Jongup blinked and looked at me blankly, taking a few seconds to realize what I was talking about. A sudden look of furiousness washed over his face.

"No it's not!" He said stubbornly, crossing his arm."Well, I'm going to tell you now. I like you, noona."

I stared at him, trying to decipher whether or not he was kidding, with my eyes searching his face for any hint of a joke. As I didn't see any, I just laughed.

"Good one there, Jongupie. Almost had me." I chuckled.

I looked at my already melted ice cream and threw it away, finding no point in eating that anymore. When I looked over at Jongup again, I saw he had a serious face except hurt was written clearly over it and I knew then he really was being serious.

"...you're serious?" I asked.

Jongup turned his head away and nodded, not wanting to look at me. I myself became speechless.

Jongup...likes me? Like, like-like?

We stood like that for a full 10 minutes, him keeping silent while I hyperventilated.

"It's okay if noona don't like me though." He cut through the silence.

My mouth opened, ready to deny that wasn't true but he cut me off.

"I'm not asking you to like me now." He paused."Or forever."

He bent his head, staring at something on the ground."Himchan hyung was right."

My mind swirled with things to tell him but no words came out. I wanted to ask what Himchan was right about, but even then I couldn't find my voice. Jongup looked up and suddenly broke into a cheerful smile. He exhaled and walked over to the bike.

"We should get home too. It's getting late."

My heart broke and ached for him. It was the same feeling I got with Zelo where he faked a smile, except it was even worse because this time, I was part of the reason behind the pain and fake smiles.

What was I supposed to do now?

A wave or tiredness washed over me. Still unable to find the right words, I nodded my head and we rode back home in silence.

Maybe tomorrow. Things will be better, and we’ll clear it up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

orz forgive me... /goesdownonallfours/

and i want to take this short time to thank mikapark and valderoy for pointing out the fault in the story. THANK YOU SO MUCH ASDFGHJKL

for those who don't know what's going on, something in my mind went a little haywired and although haejin clearly had 3 more wishes left, i wrote is as 2. i've made the changes already so i hope none of your are as confused.

okay, i shall go and continue writing because i'm feeling really guilty for not updating.

thank you again to both of you c: