What is love?

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

It was the first time I heard Daehyun speak without his mask, and the way his mouth moved when he talked was by far the most fascinating thing I've ever seen in my life. I still wasn't the most comfortable knowing that his voice actually came out from that mouth of his.

But it wasn't just the mouth that shocked me, but the question instead.

"What?" I choked out.

"Do you like Myungsoo." He asked again, his voice firm and almost demanding.

Busan. He has a busan accent.

I kept quiet, not knowing how to answer that question. I don't like Myungsoo, but there's something stopping me from saying it?

"Haejin." I looked up into his dark eyes.

"You have a busan accent." I blurted out.

His eyebrows furrowed."What?"

"You hav-"

"You're changing the subject." He cut me off."Do you like Myungsoo?"

"I...uh..." I stuttered. It's the first time Daehyun said so much.

"It's just a question." He stated.

"I don't."

Daehyun frowned."You don't?"

I shook my head."I don't like my best friend."

Daehyun stared into my eyes a little longer, holding my gaze before he turned away. He placed his mask back on.

"Why do you keep putting that on?" I reached out to stop him but it's already fastened on.

"Some reasons." He shrugged.

"What reasons?" I pushed.

"No reasons actually."

I stopped for a moment, trying to process it in my brain. This talk is starting to confuse me, so I decided to just let it drop.

"Why'd you ask that question then?" I asked.

"What's love like?"

Again with the shocking questions. Did he actually get drunk today?

"Are...are you in love Daehyun?"

"I don't know. I don't know what love feels like." He turned to look at me."What does love feels like?"

"Well, it...you just know it somehow."

"Nothing specific?"

"Just, the normal happiness and joy, the normal fast heartbeat and jealousy. The usual stuff you see in movies." I explained.

"Jealousy." My head snapped up to see a confused and almost dazed Daehyun.

"What's that?" I asked.

He snapped back to reality and shook his head."Nothing...we should get back home."

I clapped my hand, letting out a loud 'ah'. He jumped a little, surprised.

"I forgot to tell the others I found you! They'd be worried sick. Aigoo, let's go!" I exclaimed, pulling him up quickly and dragging him back to our meeting point.

When we reached, we saw the other members waiting there anxiously. Upon seeing me with Daehyun, they quickly rushed over.

"Yah! Where've you been?" Yongguk scolded, slapping his back.

Daehyun kept quiet, staring at the ground.

"And what happened to you?" Himchan asked, pointing towards my ankle.

"I fell." I laughed awkwardly.

"She almost got ." Daehyun answered.

The other members stared at me, shocked."?" The echoed.

"Who's that bastard? I'll kill him for you." Yongguk raised his fist.

"Its okay, Daehyun already did it." I laughed.

"Oh." Yongguk's face fell.

"Hyung killed a guy?" Zelo's face went pale.

"No Zelo, he just gave him a beating." Jongup explained calmly.

"I guess we've had enough for today?" Youngjae said as we started back home.

"Way more than enough." Zelo agreed.

"Brat. You did nothing to help." Himchan scolded.

"I did! I called for hyung."

"Like calling will help." Himchan rolled his eyes.

"Alright, alright. Daehyun's back safe and sound so let's not start arguing." Yongguk cut in.

The two stopped fighting while we made our way home.

***

"I think my roots are growing out." Himchan said as he came out of the bathroom the next morning and joined us at the dining table for breakfast.

"Where?" Zelo asked.

Himchan bent his head so that Zelo can see.

"Oh! I see it!" Zelo exclaimed."I think I see a white hair."

"Bwoh?! Pluck it out!" Himchan said in a flurry.

"Just kidding!" Zelo laughed.

Himchan shot him a look."You're so immature."

Zelo stuck out his tongue and went back to eating his cereal.

"What do you even add inside there?" Youngjae eyed Zelo's colorful cereal.

"Fruits." He replied, munching away happily."Want to try some?"

Youngjae moved back, making a disgusted face."No thank you."

"Say, why do all of you have blonde hair?" I asked.

Yongguk shrugged."Sir's order."

"Sir?" I raised an eyebrow.

"He's our boss."

"Ah," I nodded."Do you always have to follow your boss's order?"

Youngjae gave me a weird look."Of course we do. We like you humans have a set or rules and law to follow."

"Except we've never had a case of someone disobeying the law, unlike in the human world," Jongup said.

"Never?" I asked in doubt.

"Ever." Jongup nodded in confirmation.

Just then, an idea popped into my head. I grinned.

"I don't like that smile on her face." Daehyun suddenly said and everyone turned to look at me.

"Me either." Youngjae shivered.

"Why not," I paused for dramatic effect."You be the first ones to go against the law?"

The 6 of them stared at me. Ten seconds passed. 20, 50, a minute.

"I think she's gone mad."

"Are you on drugs?"

"Maybe it was yesterday?"

"Brainwashed! She must be brainwashed

I stared at them incredulously."I'm not joking!"

Yongguk stared at me like I'm crazy."You're crazy."

I shook my head."Nope."

"And what do you want us to do? As far as I know, the least harmful law is something that just might cause imprisonment for the 6 of us." Youngjae stated.

I rolled my eyes."Okay, maybe not law, just like defying against your boss's orders."

"And what order are you speaking of?" Jongup asked.

I pointed to all their blonde heads."Your hair."

"Our hair?" The chorused.

I nodded and smiled."You can all dye your hair a different color!"

Yongguk looked at the rest of them uncertainly."I'm not sure..."

"Come on. The most is that you'll get reprimanded, right? What more can your boss do? Kill you?" I told them.

The 6 of them still looked uncertain.

"You live life only once." I paused."Okay, maybe it's only me but still."

After a moment of silence, Zelo abruptly shoot up from his chair."Alright then! Let's go dye our hair!"

"So, are you guys in too?" I asked the others.

They looked between in each other and finally nodded.

"I guess it's now or never." Himchan agreed.

"But seriously, it's the first time we, or anyone for that matter, is defying against Sir's orders." Youngjae said.

"There's always a first time for everything." I said as all of us went to get ready.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

okay okay. after the next chapter, I PROMISE that i will start on the romance already. (take a picture, print this out, do whatever it takes, if i go against it you guys can kill me, with evidence) i agree that there's too little romance so i'll start up on it right away, or i wouldn't know where this would end.