A guy behind the mask

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"Can't you guys like use your genies sense or something?" I asked.

"We can, but he cut off all connection with us." Jongup said.

"You can do that?" My eyes widened.

The 5 of them nodded.

"But why? How?" I asked.

"We don't know," Yongguk said, still really worried."He's never done that before. He always leaves a note, or tell someone. Or at least not cut of our connection."

"Something's wrong," Youngjae nodded.

"Why...why not let's look outside? He can't be far," I suggested.

They agreed and we decided to split up to look for him.

 

Daehyun's POV

Haejin in Myungsoo's arm. Myungsoo's hand on her waist. Them dancing together. Her lying on his shoulders. The smile when he said something.

I shook my head to get rid of the image as my heart clenched. I hit it lightly to get rid of the feeling. Just then, a raindrop landed on my cheeks. As I wiped it off, another one replaced it and another one. Slowly, it started going from a drizzle to a huge pour.

Way to dampen my mood.

I quickly ran to a bus shelter to ward off from the rain. As I sat and looked out, the thought of Haejin and Myungsoo came into my head again. I clutched my head and shook it violently.

"Get out!" I shouted.

"You're jealous, Daehyun," I swore I heard someone say.

"No I'm not." I answered.

"This is jealousy. You're jealous that Myungsoo gets to hold Haejin like that while you don't.."

"Shut up," I growled.

"You're jealous he made her smile and laugh while you don't."

"I do!" I hissed and then stopped."Just not yet."

As I heard the rain patter onto the pavement, I chuckled bitterly and shook my head."Now I'm talking to myself."

Just then, I heard a ear piercing scream. I stood up and took a step forwards. The scream came again and I walked over to the darly lit alley way where the voice came from. A group of guys huddled over a girl whom was clearly on the brink of getting . I moved forward, wanting to help when I caught sight of the familiar hair, that face, and found myself launching forward and punching those guys in the face.

 

Haejin's POV

As I was still in search of Daehyun, I decided to take a short cut through an alley to the other side of the road. But damn was that a wrong move. I caught sight of a group of guys, drunk and probably on drugs huddling in one corner. Thinking of walking back, I went against it and decided to walk past them. As my footsteps quicken, a hand caught me in time. I gave a small gasp as I was pushed against the wall, the pungent smell of alcohol hitting me.

"She seem like a good one." The guy holding on to me said.

"Not as good as the last one." One guy with sunglasses said."But good enough."

I felt one of them tug on the hem of my short dress and cursed myself for not taking along my coat.

"Don't touch me!" I warned, swiping away their hand only to get both pinned on the wall.

Sunglasses guy tapped my cheeks lightly and gave it a sloppy kiss. I groaned mentally, disgusted completely.

"Hey!" I shouted when I felt one make a grab on my sleeve and threatened to pull it down. As instinct, I lifted my leg and hit him in the stomach.

He bent over and I took the chance to escape only to get pulled back again. I tripped on my high heels, twisting my ankle and letting out a scream as I fell onto the ground, the four of them towering over me.

I let out another scream when they pulled me up, my ankle hurting like a piece of .

"The more you fight it, the more damage you get." I head one whisper in my ear as his hands traveled up my thigh.

I squeezed my eyes shut.

That's it. The night where I lose my ity and get .

But that thought was changed when I felt the pressure of the guy being lifted off of me. A few grunts and groans could be heard and I opened my eyes to see three of them on the ground.

"Daehyun?" I mumbled, catching sight of his mask as he panted heavily.

His eyes widened and I felt myself being pulled into the arms of the drunkard as he held a piece of glass shard towards my throat.

Am I dreaming a drama right now?

"What do we have here? A knight in blonde hair?" The drunkard let out a sickening laugh."Too bad his damsel in distress won't be saved."

Under the mask, I swore I saw Daehyun scoff."We'll see about that."

The drunkard frowned at Daehyun's words and I heard a loud clank before the guy loosened his grip and fell onto the floor, completely knocked out. I eyed the frying pan - wherever it came from - and realized Daehyun had used one of his genie magic or something. He grabbed my hand and we quickly made a run for it, except we didn't make it more than 100 meters before I couldn't go on anymore.

"My leg hurts," I told him, pointing at my swelling ankle.

Daehyun looked at it and then squat down in front of me. Clueless, I was about to ask him what he was doing when he grabbed my arms and threw me behind his back and started walking again.

Shocked, and a little more than embarrassed, I tried to pull down my short dress which got raised in the process.

"It's night time, no one will bother," He answered, catching on to my difficulty.

I stopped tugging on my dress until we found a simple bench and he placed me on it. He bent down and took off my shoe, inspecting the wound. He pressed on it lightly and I hissed in pain.

"Pain?"  He frowned.

"It's not that bad." I waved it off dismissively.

He looked around and stood up, jogging away. Pouting at his sudden abandonment, I put on my heels and looked around.

"Where did that bastard go?"

As if on cue, Daehyun came running back with a black plastic bag in his hands. He took out a bottle of medicine and a cotton bud and started applying it on my ankle.

"I can do it," I reached for the bottle but he held it out of my reach.

A determined look was plastered on his face So I decided to let him continue with it. As he applied, I bit down hard on my lips so as to contain the pain. He looked up and I put on a smile. He nodded towards the plastic bag.

"I bought something for you."

I blinked and then proceeded in looking into the plastic bag."Strawberry milk!"

I took it out, holding it gleefully."How'd you know I like it?"

Daehyun shrugged, still applying. I didn't question him further, and started sipping on it happily. The pain was more bearable then.

"Done," He told me just when I finished my drink. He stood up and sat down next to me on the bench, heaving a sigh.

"Thanks for rescuing me back there."

He nodded and continued staring into space.

"Where did you go anyway? The genies said you went missing."

Daehyun's body suddenly tensed up but he shrugged and kept on his poker face nonetheless.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it. But if you do, you can tell me."

I looked at him closely as his gaze shifted to me. It was almost like daja vu and I remembered what happened last time.

"Daehyun."

He kept quiet.

"Can I still see what's behind your mask?"

His eyes bore a hole in my soul as he contemplated that request. And just like that night, he nodded.

Knowing it's now or never, I made sure to quicken my actions just in case the genies came a little too early again. My hand flew up to his mask but I paused.

It was never so nerve-racking to simply pull down someone's mask. But from a guy who has been hiding his face behind it all this while, it sure seems like I was just about to discover a treasure.

My hands clasped around the cloth, suddenly realizing how worn out it actually was. I unstrapped it from one end of his ear and slowly pulled it aside, a gasp emitting from my lips.

Because say the truth, the real truth, he looked way more handsome, but still pretty much the same. Handsome, but still him. Same eyes, same face, same him. And I still didn't get why he wore the mask since there was nothing special behind it that needs hiding, making me even more frustrated to find out why he wore the mask. But before I could ask him that question, he asked me one.

"Do you like Myungsoo?"