Third Wish

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

As I walked down the hallways, I saw the other members of teentop huddled together. While Niel, Chunji and CAP was sitting down, Changjo and Ricky were pacing up and down nervously.

Count on them to be the panicked ones. They always worried too much, despite their age. 

Ricky looked up and saw me. His worried face brightened as he rushed over."Haejin!"

"How's he?" I asked.

"Inside there now. It's been 3 hours. Do you think he'll be okay?" He asked.

I wasn't sure, but reassurance, even fake ones, was all this boy need right now.

"Yes, he'll be fine. He's not the toughest one in the group for nothing."

This seems to calm him down, because he gave a smile and nodded."Yeah, that's true."

I patted his head but he looked past me at Youngjae.

"Who's he?" He pointed.

"That's Youngjae, my friend."

Youngjae bowed and waved."Hi."

Ricky, always the sociable one, waved back with a big grin despite his worries."Hello! I'm Ricky!" He stuck out his hand.

"Youngjae." Youngjae raised out to shake his.

Ricky bounded over to Changjo, pointing at him."This is our maknae, Changjo but only younger than me by a few months. Those two sitting there is Niel, CAP and Chunji."

"Annyeonghasaeyo," Youngjae greeted.

The others greeted him but worry still stained their faces. I went over to sit next to CAP while Youngjae decided to stand next to me.

"Haejin, it's okay if you don't want to be here," CAP said.

I shook my head and smiled."I do. He was once my..." I trailed off.

CAP nodded understandingly and smiled gratefully.

"I apologize on his behalf. He was really being a jerk."

"It's not your fault." I waved my hands dismissively.

"But-"

"No, it's not his fault either. It's mine," I cut him off, turning away so that he'll get the hint that I don't want to talk about it anymore. CAP siged beside me and kept quiet.

We waited for another hour until I saw the members of BAP stroll into the hospital.

"Youngjae told us you were here."

"Why are you here for that bad person?" Zelo asked.

"Zelo!" I scolded.

He puffed up his cheeks, frowned and crossed his arms.

"Guys, this is Teen Top. Their friends of Byunghun," I introduced."And this is BAP, friends of mine."

They both exchanged greetings and an awkward silence fell over us. Yongguk coughed.

"So, do any of you want a drink? I'll go get some."

I smiled at his attempt to be kind."Yes, just get us some coffee."

"I want Fanta!" Zelo said excitedly.

"I want banana milk!" Ricky shouted.

"Ricky!" CAP hit his head.

Yongguk laughed."It's okay. Then what about you guys?"

"Coffee is fine with us," CAP said."I'll go with you."

Yongguk looked pretty alarmed at his request and I almost broke into a smile, thinking of how awkard they can be together. A little hesitant, he nodded and they both went off the get the drinks. Fifteen minutes later, they were back.

"Here, your drink," CAP said, throwing the can of drink to Zelo.

"Thanks hyung!" He said, so caught up in the drink to even think about what he was saying.

CAP, who was always the observant one, frowned."Hyung?"

Zelo choked while chugging down the drink."Ehh?"

I shot him a look and he quickly laughed."Ah, that, err..."

"It's kind of a word made up by him to call people older than him."

CAP nodded.

"Hyung. I like it," Changjo suddenly spoke up.

"Oh, he speaks!" Zelo pointed out.

I swear, I almost saw Yongguk and Himchan faint from the embarresment Zelo was giving.

"All of you are my hyungs! I'm sixteen!" Zelo said.

"Then what do you call people younger than you?" Chunji asked.

"Nothing. Just by their name," Youngjae explained.

"So I can call Haejin hyung too?" Ricky asked.

"Noooo!" I shouted.

"Hyung is used only for boys, when they call their elders," Jongup explained.

"So what do I call Haejin?"

"Noona."

"Ah, noona. I like that! Haejin noona!" Ricky called.

I shook my head, grinning at his dorkiness.

"How old are all of you?" Niel asked BAP.

They told each other their ages and before long, Teen Top were all using genie language without knowing it. Yongguk and CAP was talking about war movies and whatnot. Chunji and Himchan are both talking about food and cooking, which is really funny considering it actually made them sound like house-husbands, and it seems really gay. Niel and Youngjae was talking abou, well, you guessed it, studying which I didn't bother listening. Daehyun was sitting beside me, keeping to himself like always. Changjo and Jongup were both teaching each other new dance moves. It was all really touching to see them getting along so well, except for the fact Ricky and Zelo got on SO well. They were using the advantage of the term 'noona' and calling me every 5 seconds.

"Noonaaaa~" Ricky sang.

"We're in the hospital! Don't forget why you're here." I snapped, gasping when I realized what I said.

Ricky stopped immediately, his cheerful face going solemn again.

"Ricky, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," He said.

I was about to say somemore when the door to the emergency room opened. We all stood up and rushed over to the doctor who came out.

"Are you Byunghun's family?" The surgeon asked.

"No, but we're his friends," CAP explained."How's he?"

The surgeon gave us a sad look, one that I usually see on tv. It's not good. It's not going to be good.

"He's alright for now. The hit he got caused quite a severe injury and he's sufferenign from serious brain damage. He's in coma now, on life support."

I felt all the blood drain from my face, my heart almost stopping but I caught sight of Ricky and Changjo, both who were scared out of their wits.

No, I need to be strong.

"Then when will he wake up?" Chunji asked.

"We're not sure. If he's lucky, maybe in a few months or years."

"And if not?"

"We can't decide that. It might be for a lifetime. I'm really sorry. You can visit him, but only two at a time."

When the surgeon walked away, I realized I was holding in my breath.

"Who, why did he get into such a fight?"

"I don't know, by the time we got there, he was lying in a pool of blood."

"He was alone?" I asked, feeling my voice go soft.

Niel nodded.

"Can we go see him now?" Changjo asked. CAP nodded and led the other teentop members.

I stayed behind and the genies stayed with me.

"Haejin, are you okay? You seem really pale." Himchan said.

Coma for a lifetime? That just means he's life is based solely on that filthy machine? For his whole life? That's impossible. It's Byunghun we're talking about here, not some guy who doesn't have a life.

"I'm fine," I heard myself saying.

No, seeing Byunghun lying on a hospital bed isn't right. As much as he's hurt me, cheated me behind my back, he's still someone. Someone I know. And then it hit me.

"I have 4 wishes left right?" I asked the genies.

"Yeah," Jongup said.

"You're not planning on using it on him are you?" Yongguk asked.

I turn to look at him."It's his life at stake here."

"But he hurt you," Daehyun pointed out.

"Maybe it's his retribution." Youngjae said.

"But isn't this too much. Maybe he can get paralyzed, but it's his life here. Shouldn't I do something? And he's sacrificed a few times for me before. Just take it that I'm returning him the debt."

"But you've done a lot, returned even more than you're supposed to already. But  he didn't appreciate it. Why are you doing it again when you know he won't even thank you later on?" Yongguk said.

"It's not about him appreciating anymore. I don't need his thanks. I just want him alive."

"But why?" Himchan asked, annoyed.

"Because there are people who still care for him." I looked at where Teen Top was previously." He'll do it if it was me. I know he will."

I looked up at them." And you guys would too, if you had someone you love lying there, so close to death."

They all looked at me.

"You would, wouldn't you?" I asked.

We stood in a minute of silence until Zelo spoke up."Yeah, we would."

Yongguk looked at all of them and sighed."If that's what you want, we can't stop you either. Do you want to do it now."

I nodded."Now."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n; okay, so i never thought that bap and teentop would be together but hey, it's something new right? but who do you think will be bap's partner group in the future? and for the surgeon talking, i'm just putting in crap. real crap so if you're a medical student, or at least know much about such things, and find that i'm making no sense, well...you can either comment or ignore :)