Study Date

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

It was Friday today, a good day for me to go home and relax while others go to their after school activities. But for me, no such luck.

"Hey, brainless. Nothing on today?" Youngjae asked as he catched up with me.

"If you don't count gorging myself with food and a movie marathon, then no."

"Should have known." Youngjae rolled his eyes."Since you're so free, go with me to the library."

I gave him a look."Eww. No."

"Why not? You sure need to study."

"I don't need to st-" I paused and then turned to him."You saw my test results!"

"It wasn't hard to miss. So let's go," He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me in the direction of the library.

"I don't want to the library. I hate the library! It's a terrible place, with all those creepy librarians and the deadly silence. I mean, we can't even make so much of a sneeze. Itsn't that like unreasonable?"

I continued pointing out all the different reasons why we should not go to the library until I was dragged into it myself.

"And I'm in the library," I gulped, looking around the place filled with shelves of books, books and more books. The smell was so sickening I could even puke.

"I swear, if you say something like you're going to puke due to the smell of books, I'll make sure to personally make a perfume out of this smell and spray it in your house."

"You read my mind."

"So?" Youngjae shrugged.

"That's not very fair."

"Yeah, well, then just let the odds be against you today. Come on."

He led me to a table and I grudgingly sat down, slumping down immediately.

"Don't you have any homework to do?" Youngjae asked, taking out his own homework.

"It's friday! No ing way am I going to do homework!"

I heard a series of 'shh' and glares coming my way. I lowered my voice.

"And besides, the mood doesn't seem much for studying."

"What are you talking about? It's a library."

"Exactly."

Youngjae gave me a weird look and decided to ignore me for the next half an hour. And during that half an hour, I've actually done a little tour around tne place - forced by Youngjae. I played a little on the internet and then took a few books and returned to the table. Youngjae looked to see what books I brought and then gave me an exasperated look.

"I told you to get books."

"These are books!" I argueued.

"Books that are of your level, at least."

I looked at the colorful cover of the three children books I have chosen.

"Little elephant save the day. Little elephant forgot. Little elephant missing. Seriously, what's with you and elephants?" Youngjae questioned.

"It's cute."

Youngjae gave me a long stare and then placed his head between his hands, shaking his head furiously."I can't believe there are such people like you."

"Hey, let's play."

"Will that at least shut you up when I study later."

I nodded excitedly. Youngjae sighed and closed his books."Okay, what?"

"Hide and seek!" I shouted and jumped up from the table."You're the seeker!"

I ran off before he can complain.

We spent the next few minutes which turned into hours playing different games in the library.

"Hey, girl and boy over there! If you don't keep quiet, I'll have no choice but to kick you out!" The librarian scolded. I laughed but Youngjae kept a straight face.

"Come on. We've been playing for so long. Let's go back to study."

"Already?" I pouted.

"Yes."

I slouched and followed him back to our table. On the way there, I passed by the food section and saw a really nice books filled with pastries of all kind. I stopped to take it but it was too far from my rich.

"Why are you so short?"

I stood on my toes, trying really hard to reach it but couldn't. Just when I was about to climb the one shelf to get it, someone's arms reached past me and grabbed the book I wanted.

"Hey! I saw that first!"

I was taken aback when I saw Youngjae.

"Oh, I didn't know you were interested in food. And you were saying I eat a lot."

"It's for you, dumbo," He said and tossed the heavy book to me. I caught it but it almost brought me down. I scowled and trailed after him.

"Why do you even read things like these? You can hardly cook."

"But I can eat."

"But you don't have money," Youngjae taunted.

"I can use my wishes to grant myself wealth," I tauntered back.

"You'll s-"

"SHHHH!" The group of nerds shushed us.

"You keep quiet yourself, four-eyed freaks!" I hissed back.

They glared at me while I just blinked away, very annoyed. Youngjae gave me a bemused look and shook his head.

"At least do what you promise."

"What promise?"

He sighed."Studying."

"Oh. Studying. Okay," I agreed unwillingly, taking out my maths homework.

"I thought we were supposed to hand this in last week?"

"Oh really? I didn't know that. I thought we were given unlimited time."

Youngjae faced palmed himself. I ignored his actions and concentrated on the sums. After 10 minutes, I was still on the same question. Youngjae noticed, because he asked if I need help and although my ego was at stake here, I agreed. He teached me different methods, jumping one to another but I still didn't get it. He must have been pretty frustrated too, because he just slammed the pen down on the table.

"Ah! Why can't you just get this simple thing into that small brain of yours!" He complained.

I blinked, feeling slightly hurt with his comment. It wasn't the worse, but it sure hit my nerves because a few seconds later, I was fuming mad and packing up my stuff to leave.

"Wait. Where are you going?" Youngjae asked, realizing his mistake.

"Home," I huffed out, shoving things messily into my bag.

"What?  Hey look, I'm so-"

I held out hand."Save your apologies. I'm never coming to the library with you anymore, Yoo Youngjae."

I stormed out of the place, hearing Youngjae rushing to catch up with me.

"Hey, Haejin! Come on, I didn't mean to put it that way!" He shouted, catching up with me.

"Yeah, like you weren't trying to say I'm stupid?" I growled.

"No, I mean. I wasn't saying you were stupid, just how you're not getting that simple thing in your head."

"Right, and it's my fault for having a small brain. Okay, fine then."

"I'm not saying it was your fault." I refused to answer him anymore, worrying him. "Okay, okay. It's my fault. It's my fault for saying you had a small brain and it's my fault for losing my temper at you. Now can you slow down?"

"No."

"Come on. I'm really, really, really, really, really truly very sorry. I promise I'll try to keep my temper from now on."

I kept my eyes forward, feet moving forward.

"I'll treat you to ice cream if you'll forgive me."

I stopped in my tracks, and then realized I was being so pathetic and continue walking again.

"Not ice cream? Then how about pizza? Sushi? Kimchi? Ddobokki?"

I shook my head.

"Okay, then what about bread?" He asked.

This time, the temptation won over and I stopped walking, Youngjae letting a sigh of relief.

"Bread. I'll be you any bread you want and strawberry milk. I heard you like them a lot."

"From who?"

Youngjae shrugged."Someone."

I wanted to disagree, not wanting to let him win but the bread store was just a few distance away and although I would be exagerating, I can smell the wonderful auroma of the bread. I will every power of me to speak out that simple 4 letter word.

"Okay."

Youngjae beamed."So you'll forgive me?"

"After the food."

Younghae chuckled and nodded."Okay, after the food."

I found myself smiling a little. Youngjae looked at me and tilted his head.

"What?"

"But you should start dieting."

My eyes flared up and I gave him a smack on the shoulder."Are you saying I'm fat?!"

Youngjae shook his hands furiously."No, no! I'm just saying, even me or models, should go dieting after eating something so much. Like exercise a bit to keep fit."

I wanted to shout at him when my phone rang. Giving him a dirty look, I picked it up.

"Hello?" I answered, still giving Youngjae a glare.

"Haejin?" I heard Ricky's voice over the phone.

Although related to Byunghun, I have to admit I'm quite close to the Teen Top members and have an especially soft spot for the two maknaes.

"Ricky?"

"Haejin." He repeated, his voice full of concern.

"What's wrong?"

"L.Joe."

I frowned."What about L.Joe."

"He got into a fight."

I sighed."Ricky, we're over now. We-"

"I know that! But, he got into a fight."

"He always gets in a fight."

"But...but this time it backfired on him."

The increasing worry and pain in Ricky's voice is causing me to worry as well.

"What are you talking about?"

"Byunghun is in the hospital now. He's recieving immediate care. He got hit badly on the head. I don't know if he'll..." Ricky burst out.

I froze and for a moment there, my feet moved by itself until I remembered. I'm over him. He's not related to me. We're over. I shouldn't care about him anymore.

"What's wrong?" Youngjae asked.

"We..."

Youngjae looked at me expectantly. But even though, he's still Byunghun, someone that I once knew, once loved, once cared about.

"We need to go to the hospital."