Getting over the jerk

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

No one's POV;

"Are you sure we're doing the right thing?" Himchan asked worriedly.

"I read it before somewhere. They said that bringing someone to drown out their sorrow with alcohol and letting them spill everything out might make them feel better," Jongup said.

"And where exactly did you read it from?" Youngjae asked.

Jongup looked at them."Somewhere."

"Uh-huh," Yongguk cast a glance at Haejin, who was already have drunk.

Her face was tinted a light shade of red, a drunkard smile lighted her face.

"Give me another one!" She said, hiccupped and banged the empty can of beer on the table.

"She's only eighteen," Daehyun said.

"But legal," Zelo pointed out.

"Should we give her another one?" Jongup asked, eyeing Haejin who was standing up from her seat.

They watched her make her way to the bar counter and collided with a man. Drunk himself, he caught Haejin and proceeded on pulling her somewhere. The other boys stood up and pried her away from him and led her back to the seat.

"No! I want another one!" She complained.

"Arasso, arasso. We'll get you another one," Yongguk said and came back with two more cans of beer.

Haejin opened up one and down two gulps. She slammed the can on the table, some liquid spilling over before she looked at Himchan and pointed a finger at him.

"You!"

"Me?" Himchan asked, pointing to himself.

Haejin leaned over the table and grabbed Himchan's collar.

"W-What are you doing, yeoja!" Himchan shouted.

"Jerk!" Haejin shouted in his face.

Himchan stopped struggling."Neh?"

He turned to the others with a look of surprise."Did...did she just call me a jerk?"

"I don't think it's you hyung. I think she thinks you're him."

"Him?" Himchan frowned."Oh."

"How could you do this to me?" Haejin shouted, sighed and then sat back down, pouting a little."But I should have known too."

"Known what?" Zelo asked, earning a smack on the head.

"That you were a jerk. I mean, it's not every time a kingka would choose a plain girl like me over the others. I had some thoughts about it but your stupid sweet talking erased all the doubts!"

The other genies winced as they watched her down another three gulps of alcohol.

"Why did I do so much for you? I.." Haejin sniffed."I even ran in the rain for you today to get you medicines and you just left without a thank you. But that's what you always do, make me be the target of your bad moods but I always had to let you have the upper hand. Why?"

Haejin's eyes teared up. Yongguk raised his hand, wanting to pat her shoulder when Haejin flinched away. Two stray tears escaped her eyes.

"I really did love you."

Himchan and Zelo teared up while the others tried to keep the tears from showing.

"Why are you even crying?" Youngjae nudged Zelo.

"Noona's sad, so I'm sad too!" Zelo wailed.

"Don't cry." Yongguk warned.

Zelo's bottom lip stuck out a bit.

"You need to keep strong for her."

Zelo bit down hard on his quivering lips and nodded.

"Do you want to forget about him?" Youngjae asked.

Haejin nodded eyes still watery but no more signs of teardrops. Youngjae opened another can of beer.

"Then drink up. Drink all of these up and forget about him."

Haejin looked at the opened can of beer and took it, taking in the whole thing in a matter of seconds. She gave two hiccups, eyes a little hazy now, cheeks flushed. She blinked hard, trying to take in her surroundings and clear her vision but dizziness overcomes her.

"Haejin?" Jongup asked, worried.

After another second of shaking her head to clear her mind, sleepiness overcame her and her head dropped onto the table with a soft thud. The genies sat there, stunned for a few moments before Daehyun cleared his throat, bringing the others back to reality.

"Well, that's just terrific," Himchan said.

"I bet she's going to suffer from a major hangover tomorrow," Youngjae inspected the girl.

"But at least it helped. Maybe she'll feel better. Come on then, let's bring her home," Yongguk said, standing up and moving away.

When he noticed no one is following him, he turned back to see the others staring at him. His eyes traveled to the girl and sighed.

"Someone carry her?" He asked.

"If anyone should carry her, it should be you hyung," Jongup said.

Yongguk looked at the guy and a smile appeared on his face."No. The guy with the most strength should. You should put your muscles to work now, Jonguppie."

The others nodded in agreement and stood up from the table, scurrying towards the exit. Jongup stood up.

"Yah!" He shouted but they were long gone.

He looked back to Haejin, sighed and then placed her over her back, piggybacking her all the way home.

 

Haejin's POV

When I came to, I found myself spread all over the bed, limbs tangled with the blanket. I was still in my uniform, except my jacket was gone. I sat up and regretted because the terrible headache appeared almost immediately. I clutched onto my head and gritted my teeth, expecting the pain to go away gradually but it didn't. The door to my room opened but no one came in. I tilted my head a little and saw Jongup standing by the doorway holding a tray of something.

"What are you standing there for?" I strained.

"We're not allowed to come in without your permission."

I wanted to shout at him but stuck to sighing and motioned for him to come in. He walked over and placed the tray, which I found out was tea and soup, on my bedside table.

"Here, drink some." He passed me the cup of steaming tea.

"What happened?" I asked, taking small sips.

Jongup shrugged."You got drunk?"

"I know I got drunk, but did anything happen while I was drunk."

Jongup's emotionless face made me worry a little. He opened his mouth but when no words come up, he shook his head and scurried out of the room, closing the door after him. I heard whisperings coming from outside and getting curious, I got out of bed despite the pounding in my head and pressed my ear against the door. I couldn't make out what they were saying still and just when I pressed my ear harder to the door, the whisperings stop. I frowned and was about to go back to my bed when the door flung open, hitting right on my forehead. The throbbing in my head got worse and I felt a little woozy.

"Haejin! I'm sorry; I didn't know you were behind the door!" Himchan apologized.

"What were you even doing behind the door?" Youngjae questioned.

Their voices were ignored as I only focused on the pain in my head.

"I don't think she feels that good," Yongguk inquired.

I swung side to side and was about to tilt forward when someone caught me in their arms by who knows who. I was brought back to lie on my bed.

"I'll feed you soup, noona! It'll help you get better!" Zelo said and was about to make a grab for the soup when Daehyun stopped him, giving him a look.

"Daehyun's right. If you feed her, she'll only suffer more injuries," Yongguk said.

Zelo pouted and crossed his arms.

"I'll feed her," Himchan volunteered.

He sat by my bed, took a spoonful of soup, blew on it and fed it to me."Say ahhh."

I moved away, feeling more than disgusted with the tone he was using.

"What?" He asked in oblivion.

"Don't use that tone. It's disgusting."

Himchan rolled his eyes."Fine, say ah." He changed to a deeper and bored tone.

I didn't have the energy to quarrel so I let him do what he wants to. When the soup was finished, I was feeling much better. They left me by myself in the room and except for trips to the bathroom to bathe and such, I didn't leave the house. I mopped around like a loser until the dreaded Monday came where I have to face him in school again, unless he didn't come. But I would still have to face him anyway.

"Are you sure you want to go to school?" The other genies asked me repeatedly; when I woke up, when I was brushing my teeth, when I was eating my breakfast, when I was putting on my socks. Even now when we were already stepping into school grounds they were still asking.

"For the millionth time, yes! Now stop asking anymore questions!" I shouted at them.

They stopped after that and went into their normal conversations. We walked past the gates when I stopped dead in my tracks. Out of all the days, he had to choose today to be leaning against the wall in front of the school. His orange hair glistened in the sun, his fair skin illuminating the light.

"Stop it, Haejin! You're supposed to be over him. Yes, you're over him. He's a jerk." I told myself in my head.

I turned and saw that the genies were still playing around and hasn't noticed him. I was about to continue walking when I saw Myungsoo hurry right past me. His steps were big but pull of anger, like he was about to hit someone. And then, it dawned on me he was heading towards Byunghun. Why is he heading towards Byunghun.

But it was all clear. Even before he could reach him, let Byunghun acknowledge his presence, Myungsoo has already lifted his fist and given a harsh punch. Byunghun was thrown to the side. He spit the blood onto the floor and glared at Myungsoo.

"What's your problem?!" Byunghun growled.

The students stopped talking and turned their attention towards the drama. The genies has also became silent, eyes focused on the two familiar guys.

"What's my problem? What's my problem is that there are actually people like you who exist in this world!" Myungsoo shouted.

Byunghun frowned."What?"

Myungsoo took a step forward and poked him harshly on his shoulders."You're a bastard."

That comment enraged Byunghun and he sent a punch towards Myungsoo. Soon, they were both in a wrestling match. The students watched on in a amazement and if it wasn't for someone's 'this is going to be a hit', I would be part of the spectators. I rushed forward to stop them, coming in between the two of them.

"Stop!"

Myungsoo and Byunghun held their raised fist in the air, looking down at me.

"Get out of the way, Haejin. I need to deal with this guy," Myungsoo panted.

"I need to deal with you," Byunghun hissed and moved forward.

I stepped towards him and he stopped in his tracks, looking at me with cold, hard eyes. Those same eyes he always gives me in a bad mood, those eyes he gave me the morning I found him cheating.

"No, I need to deal with you Byunghun."

Byunghun frowned."Me?"

"Yes," I took a deep breath, taking a step back."We...we..."

I heard a whisper that sounded like Zelo saying:"Go noona, you can do it!"

That gave me all the courage I need. I took another deep breath and looked at him confidently."We're over."

I've never seen Byunghun looked so surprised, and say the truth I almost wanted to take back those words when I thought I saw a slight flicker of pain in his eyes. But I thought better of it. Byunghun doesn't feel pain for others. Maybe the past Byunghun does, but not L.Joe.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you and me, breaking up. I'm talking about how I saw you and another girl cheating behind my back."

I cut of Byunghun when I saw him open his mouth.

"I caught you red-handed, Byunghun. There are no more excuses for you anymore and I'm done with believing in your lies."

A lump forms in my throat but I swallow it down."I admit, I was stupid to think that you would really love me. Maybe everyone did know, except for me. I was blinded by all your bullting and it's something I truly regret."

I took in a fresh gulp of air."But it's all in past. There's no more us anymore, and I hope you do well with your new girlfriend."

I walked away but he grabbed me by my arm.

"Did you really love me?" He whispered just so only I can hear it.

With my back towards him, he couldn't see my expression. And it was a good thing he didn't, because the moment of hesitance to want to lie and say I didn't was so obvious. But in the end, I stuck to the truth.

"Yes. I did love you. But not now."

I pulled my wrist out of his grasp and walked away quickly. Myungsoo was fast on my heels as I went straight to the nurses’ room.

"Haejin," He called out.

"You should have fought with him," I said, facing the wall.

"He deserved it for-"

"But still you shouldn't have. It was my problem, not yours."

He kept silent before saying."I just wanted to help you."

I could hear the hurt in his voice and a slight regret for something I shouldn't really blame him on. I sighed softly and shook my head.

"But I know you only meant well, and I'm thankful for it." I turned around and met with his eyes. He gave me a smile but winced.

I shook my head."Sit down."

He obeyed as I took out the first aid box and went over to him to bandage his wounds.

"The wound is pretty deep," I mumbled.

"Yeah. For a short guy like him, he sure has iron arms."

I smiled."Unlike you."

"Are you implying that I'm weak?" He said, trying to keep an insulted face but failing badly.

"Maybe."

He turned around and flicked my forehead. I made a sound of pain and clutched my forehead. I raised my hands, ready to do my attack on him when he caught my arms. I looked up into his eyes and saw him staring right into mine.

The once cold room suddenly has a rise in temperature and I could feel my body slowly starting to heat up. Gradually, it became exactly like I just finished a run and has just sat down.

"Haejin," Myungsoo said."I..."

I held my breath, waiting for him to finish his sentence. My heart started beating faster.

No, it isn't supposed to. He's my best friend, for goodness sake!

But no matter how much I tell myself to calm down, the heartbeat became faster and I can feel it in my ears, making my surrounding sounds silent. I watch as Myungsoo opened his mouth, about to continue his sentence when the door to the nurses' room opened.

Myungsoo dropped my hand and we both separated ourselves. Myungsoo wasn't so lucky though, because he moved back and fell out of his chair. I chuckled as he rubbed his neck awkwardly and stood up. The nurse looked at the two of us weirdly and shook her head.

"Teenager's these days. At least wait till schools over."

I blushed and peeked a glance at Myungsoo to see his cheeks a little pinkish too. As I was sent back to class, I had to remind myself again that I was single, and I'm going to stay that way for awhile.

 

Third Person's POV;

I was heading towards the nurses room where I saw Haejin rush off too with her best friend tailing after her.

"Is she going to be alright? Is she going to cry again? Ah, that jerk. I should ask the other genies to plan some kind of misfortune on him."

I was about to barge into the nurse’s room when I realized the door wasn't closed properly. I hesitated before bending down to peep into the room. I saw Haejin and the Myungsoo guy sitting side by side. They were talking, smiling, laughing. Like usual. I was about to tell myself she's alright when I saw Myungsoo caught hold of her raised hand. They both froze in that position for a very long time and if I wasn't wrong, saw Haejin's face tinted with redness.

A weird feeling surged through me and I felt an urge to go in to break them apart, but of course I didn't.

Then, Myungsoo called her name. And it hit me.

Myungsoo liked her. He likes his best friend. I'm not sure about her feelings toward him, but he likes Haejin. The feeling in my heart became stronger and the need to break them apart was overwhelming. Just when my muscles moved a little, wanting to step forward, I heard someone coming. I quickly hid behind a potted plant and saw the nurse going into the room. I saw them break apart quickly, Myungsoo falling of the chair, Haejin giggling and then both of them blushing to something the nurse said.

An unknown anger flared throughout me and I found myself walking away from the scene. I turned another wall and leaned against it, placing my hand on my beating heart.

I've never felt it beat so fast before. Never. And what was this weird feeling? Is it good? Bad? I pondered on it for a little while more before ruffling my hair in frustration.

I need to search up this feeling I'm getting. Soon.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n; i'm being a er once again aren't i? /chuckles evily/

and guess who's that mysterious and jealous genie? well, a hint?

HE HAS BLONDE HAIR ("3")

P.S;  won't be able to update until tueday, have a test going on and needs to.../can't bring myself to say it/...but  you guys know.

comment! and i'll try to fit in some other person's pov from time to time if it's important!