Prof Dr Lee, Anatomist, Faculty of Physiology

Project: Volunteer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe it’s our third year of university already.”

Sungmin bit into his pumpkin bun and sighed, munching obnoxiously on the pumpkin seed decorations on the bun. “We used to be so young and full of life — now we’re old and full of .”

Hyukjae laughed and munched happily on his sandwich. “Seems like someone had an epiphany during the holidays,” he chuckled. “Yes, Min, thank you for stating the obvious, though I must say that I totally disagree with you about the part. I just took a huge dump before class just now so I can safely say that there’s less in me than there is in you right now.”

“Hahaha. So funny. Such hilarious. I’m screaming inside.”

“You sure don’t look happy. Probably constipated.”

“Do you guys mind?” Shindong yelled at both the dance majors who burst into laughter immediately at his disgusted face. “I’m trying to have lunch over here!”

“Nobody’s stopping you, Shindong hyung,” Hyukjae said with a wink. “Please, do go ahead and enjoy your turkey sandwich.”

Shindong gave Hyukjae a hard glare that had his grin fading away almost immediately. He was usually a nice and bubbly senior to be with, but if there was one thing Shindong absolutely couldn’t tolerate, it was messing around with his food or his appetite. Nothing, and absolutely nothing, could ever get in the way, lest it suffered the wrath of the senior. 

(Hyukjae learned the hard way that Shindong never would kid around when he said he’d exact revenge by giving them the most difficult choreography in their next group projects.)

“Sorry. I’ll shut up,” the lean dancer meekly replied and bit back into this sandwich. Peace and quiet ensued for the entirety of two long minutes before Sungmin let out a loud gasp and pointed at the cafeteria entryway. Hyukjae turned to look and let his jaw hang loose at the sight of the most beautiful man he’d ever seen stepping foot into the drab, dreary cafeteria.

The whole world fell hush to Hyukjae’s ears. He swore it felt as if the place felt a little brighter and more cheerful as the man made his way to the counter to place his order. Hyukjae forgot about his messy sandwich dripping mayo everywhere and just quietly observed the man. How elegant his hands, how graceful his lips, and how tender his demeanour. His soft, dark hair was neatly swept to the side, revealing the man’s attractive forehead and brightly twinkling eyes, complete with a chiselled nose, perfectly-shaped lips, and flawless rosy complexion. He looked a little tanned but plenty ripped — Hyukjae could tell that this man was greatly fond of arm workouts and it just made his mind wander — and the dignified way he carried himself across the floor to an empty table a few feet away greatly rivalled that of royalty — at least for Hyukjae, it felt just like that.

The man felt the stare and glanced up, only to meet Hyukjae straight in the eyes. Hyukjae could feel the blush creeping steadily onto his face when the stare lingered past a few seconds before the man smiled and looked back down at his phone, breaking eye contact.

Hyukjae was ecstatic.

“H-he looked me in the eyes…” he whispered to himself in disbelief.

“Isn’t he just beautiful?” Sungmin asked, in an equally dreamy voice as the one sighing happily next to him. 

“Yeah, so goddamn perfect,” Hyukjae agreed. “, I need to know who he is. Is he a senior?”

“Does he look like a senior to you?” asked Sungmin, tilting his head to the side as we watched. “He looks more like a lecturer to me. Oh , I need his in my right now. I don’t care if it’s inappropriate.”

Hyukjae let out a snicker. “As if he’d actually be interested in you. You’re way out of his league. Besides, there’s no way in hell such a beautiful man isn’t married or engaged already.”

“Speak for yourself, idiot,” Sungmin snapped. “Your love life is as lush as the Sahara Desert on fire in the blazing hot summer.”

If Hyukjae heard it, he didn’t show that he did. “He keeps smiling at his phone… sigh, he must be texting someone special.”

“What do you mean? He’s not even done ordering yet—”

Hyukjae looked at Sungmin incredulously. “Wait, who’s your hot guy? Weren’t you talking about the one sitting over there with the perfect hair and perfect face and perfect body—”

“No, I was talking about the one standing over there with the perfect hair and perfect face and perfect body—”

“Oh.”

“Oh…”

Shindong rolled his eyes and finished his food quickly so he could leave. He could feel himself rapidly losing brain cells just sitting next to Hyukjae and Sungmin and hearing them yak. But he did know the two people they were both ogling over. “That guy sitting over there texting is the new anatomy professor. And that guy standing over there is his lab assistant.” 

“How do you know?” Hyukjae asked, leaning forward in interest. “What else do you know about them?”

“My roommate’s in one of his classes. Says that every single person in class has a crush on the handsome Prof Lee — girls, guys, and everyone in between,” Shindong replied. “I don’t really know anything else about him.”

“He shares the same family name as us both!”

“Big deal, a third of the country shares our surname. But what about that lab assistant?” Sungmin asked, pointing at the man now walking over to the professor with a tray of food and drinks and setting them out on the table. “Do you know anything about him?”

“I don’t know his name. Apparently, they both don’t teach many classes at the faculty, just maybe five classes in between them.  People were fighting each other to enrol in one of Prof Lee’s classes because of that. They’re mostly just here for research purposes anyway, so that explains why.”

“Damn… if I’d known anatomy professors looked like that, I’d have switched majors at the start of the semester,” Hyukjae laughed, observing how the duo conversed and joked casually with each other. He looked like an angel. “I’d dearly love to examine his anatomy—”

“And I want his lab assistant to examine mine,” Sungmin laughed, slapping Hyukjae on the arm. “Come on, stop daydreaming and let’s go. We’re gonna be late for our next class.”

“Right… Should we ask them for their names, though?”

“Um, no. But we could searc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter