Chapter 12 - First Anniversary

In Your Arms

I graduated from the high school and studied at Seoul National University, taking business as my major. Mina was in her second year of high school.

I kind of miss her every day since we are not the same school anymore. We had a short moment in the morning when I drop her at school and then Mr. Kim drove me to the university.

Without I realized, it was almost our 1st anniversary, and I had not arranged anything to make the moment memorable. Then, I planned everything during the class.

I made some new friends and met my sunbae, Irene. She was the daughter of my father’s best friend. She was already in her 3rd year, taking the business major, so sometimes we met and talked.

One day, my faculty had this annual event that I could not come home like my usual schedule. Irene sunbae and me were the team members who helped the event. On the other hand, Mina, who just finished her class, asked Mr. Kim to drive her to my place. She wanted to see what I was doing at the university.

 

Mina POV

“Where is eonnie’s holding the event, Mr. Kim?” I asked.

“Oh, if I am not mistaken, it will be at the main hall of the business department,” he answered.

“Okay, I will just take a walk and see around first, you wait here, okay,” I told him.

“Alright, Mina,” Mr. Kim opened the door for me.

 

The university was so big, there were some buildings with beautiful park in the middle of it. I enjoyed the evening breeze and just relaxing a bit. I asked someone to show me the business department building and headed there. I could not wait to see my sweetheart with her charm and dominance in holding the event.

After walking for a while, I started to see some lights and students gathering at that place. That must the place for the event.

Then I saw this bunny girl shape talking with some students, showing directions and explaining things to them. I suddenly remembered my 1st day of school when I met Nayeonnie and she explained everything with confidence.

I just admired my Nayeonnie from a far, she was truly an attention grabber. Then I decided to approach her to give her some support. But I stopped my pace when I saw a gorgeous girl walked closer to eonnie and talked to her. I never saw this girl before, eonnie never talked about her too.

It was fine with me if eonnie had lots of friends. Who could bear her beauty and charm? But then, my heart felt burnt when I saw that gorgeous girl put her hand on eonnie’s waist, looking so close to each other. Then I looked down on my own body, started to compare myself with that gorgeous girl. I am not as pretty as her. Does eonnie enjoy her presence other than mine? Panic was eating me out, I was so afraid that eonnie will leave me with another girl.

I was about to walk out from that place, but I heard her voice, “Minaaaa…” I stopped walking cause eonnie approached me.

“Yaaa…it is really you,,,” she hugged me dearly, “Miss me so much, huh?”

I acted like a child, “When will you finish? Your princess is missing you so bad… and who was that girl?” I pouted badly.

“Which girl, Minayaaah…? There are many people there,” she asked.

“The one who touched your waist and you talked happily with her,” I fold my hands.

With a confused look she explained, “You mean Irene sunbae?” I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Aniiyooo, Minaaa… here, I will introduce you to her,,,, so you won’t be this jelly jelly with her,,,,” she hold my hand and brought me to that girl.

 

“Irene sunbae… I want to introduce you to my cute girlfriend,” she circled her hand on my shoulder and smiled widely.

“Oh, Hi, you must be Mina then,,,, your girlfriend here talks about you every minute,,,,” Irene sunbae offered her hand and I shook it.

“Hi, Irene sunbae, nice to meet you,” I replied.

“Mina, she is my senior here and our Dad knows her Dad, so they are business partner,” eonnie explained more and I just nodded.

“Alright, eonnie, I guess I can go home now so you can continue the event,” I told her.

“Can you stay here?” she hugged my right arms and pouted cutely. “It will be just another hour.”

“But I will just disturb you then,” I said.

“No, it is okay, Mina, you can stay here and be with Nayeon,,, our job is almost done, thou,” Irene sunbae smiled.

“Yeah, stay please, I will show you my campus,” she begged.

“Okay, eonnie,” I said.

“Yeeaaayyy,,,, okay stay by my side, Minayaaa,” she linked our arms and my burnt feeling just now just gone away.

 

On our 1st Anniversary Day

Nayeon POV

 

I woke up in the morning and found Mina still sleeping. I got out from the room quietly. I went back to my bedroom, bringing a single rose for her.

I kissed her moles on her face, and it made her opened her eyes slightly, “Happy 1st Anniversary, Mina baby,” I kissed her forehead. I gave the rose to her and she smiled.

She hugged me and whispered, “Happy 1st Anniv, Nayeonnie,” she kissed my forehead, too.

We both sat on our bed, holding hands, and just staring to each other eyes and reminiscing the moment we have been through together.

“It has been a year, Mina,,, thank you for always being by my side,” I said softly.

“Nee, eonnie,,, thank you for healing my anxiety, too, and for giving me all the love,” she replied with her crescent eyes and gummy smile.

I rubbed her cheek and she melted in my palm, “You are my everything, Minariii,,,, and I love you so much,” I kissed her right and left cheeks. She just blushed and smiled.

“Love you too, eonnie,” she said.

 

After that morning little celebration, we continued our normal activities at school and college. That day I went home on time and found Mina comfortably playing the Switch at the living room.

“I am home,” I announced my presence.

She replied, “Welcoome,, eonnieee,” she put down her Switch and hugged me right away. “I can’t wait to have our special dinner together,,, I will start to cook, then,,, and you can take a shower first.”

“Alright, baby…” I pinched her nose cutely.

I took a shower and dried my hair first. I put on my favourite perfume that Mina enjoyed so much. I wore a comfy sweater and shorts like usual. Then, I went to the kitchen area to see her prepare everything.

“Wooowww,,, when did you prepare this, Minaaa?” I saw a white set of simple decoration on the table and chair. There were cute bunny and penguin figurine and some white and pink flowers.

She just smiled at me and said, “Just today, eonnie.” I walked to her side and kiss her right cheek.

Then the dinner is ready, I went to my small wine cellar and took 1 bottle of white wine, just for celebration, not for drunk.

We sat down on the dining table. She looked gorgeous with a simple sabrina top and shorts. She tied her hair high that exposed her broad shoulders more.

It really satisfied my eyes. What a lovely sight I had.

We ate dinner with some little chats, talking about things we have been through. We ended up by drinking the white wine.

“Cheers…” I said and lifted up my glass.

“Hmm.. it tastes nice, eonnie,” she said happily.

“Happy Anniv, baby,” I said again to her.

“Happy Anniv, eonnie, for our happiness,” she drank the wine again.

 

Mina POV

After we finished eating, we sat down on the sofa and cuddle there. Eonnie caged me in her arms and I melted in her embrace. I grinned widely knowing that there is someone who always be there for me. I leaned on her and she back hugged me. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the moment, taking in every second that we shared together. Her right rand intertwined with my right hand and she laid her left hand on my tummy.

“Eonnie,,,” I hesitantly called her name and rubbed her left hand.

“Yes, baby,” she looked at me dearly and kissed my forehead.

“Hmmm… nothing..” I stopped my eagerness to ask her that question. To ask her when she will kiss me. Cause for me, I have been waiting what it feels to attach my lips with her plump and soft lips.

“You can tell me anything, Minayaaah, no more secrets, right?” she spoke softly and hold my hand tighter. “What do you want to say?”

“Hmmm.. I am just wondering.. Am I not ‘fancy’ enough to you?” I shyly asked and afraid to hear her response.

“Annniii….you are so pretty, smart, a great cook, and also the best girlfriend for me,,, so of course you are fancy for me,” I straightened up my sitting position and looked worried.

Eonnie also fixed her position, she faced me with her bright eyes and warm smile. She tucked my hair behind my ear, “What bothers you, baby? Did I say something wrong?”

“Nooo, there is nothing wrong with your words and I know that you love me dearly. I meant, if I am fan-fancy enough for you, why you never try to – to do something more to me?” I blushed so haarddd… I was so embarrassed by my own question.

“Minaaa, can you tell me more clearly? I don’t get what you meant, dear..” she was so patient with me.

“KISS…KISS… why you never kiss me, eonnie?” I finished my sentence fast and eonnie’s eyes were widely open. But then, she chuckled.

She ruffled my hair and pulled me into her chest, “You can just ask, Mina.” We stayed like that for a moment. I tried to calm down my heart beat.

Nayeon eonnie hold my shoulder and looked deep into my eyes, “You really want to know the reason, baby?” I widened my eyes and blushed because of the close distance, but I nodded.

Nayeon sighed and hold my hands. She looked at our hands and smiled. I was touched by her simple gestures like this.

She looked at my eyes again, “You are not my first love, Mina, but I am sure that you are my last harbour. I love you with all my heart and I really want to be there for you. I like everything about you; your kindness, your care, your silliness, your pouted, your gummy smile, your moles, your weaknesses, everryythiingg.. including your body.” She chuckled after mentioning that last word and I blushed like usual.

Then Nayeon continued, “But, on top of everything, I respect you so much, I want to make you the happiest girl in the world and I do not want to take any advantage from you before the right time,,, do you get what I mean?”

“What do you mean by the right time?” I asked.

“Hmmm… when we are officially married…” she winked at me.

“Mar – married…??”

“Yes, Mina,,, sadly I am type of an old-school girl,,, I am just thinking that intimate relationship would be perfectly done after a couple got married… If a couple does it before marriage, then what makes marriage ‘different’ than only having a girl/boyfriend? That is what I think,,,, What about you?” she asked.

“Hmm… I agree with you, eonnie, it will be so romantic if a couple does it after marriage…. But, I am just worried, you have lots of pretty friends at college, and I am still at high school….Hmm.. don’t you feel lonely and need to wait for me like for another several years?” I tried to reason her.

She gave me her tender smile and tapped on my hands again, gave a light squeeze, a warm one, “That is why I tell you, Mina,, I love everything about you, not only your body,,, I am not a ert like that,, so it is perfectly fine for me to wait for you…. But…. If you are really curious how is it like, I can give you a little preview,” she pushed me back and we laid together at the sofa.

I automatically covered my face, “Eonnieee…” I am not ready for this kind of thing. Every inch of my body is screaming because of my curiosity, but my mind agrees with Nayeon’s eonnie thought about activity.

She laughed when I got panicked like that. Her face was so close with mine. I can feel her breath, her body pressed on top of mine. “So, what do you say, baby? You want me to give you a little preview on our 1st anniversary?” her eyes were staring at my lips, then moved down to my s.

“Anniii..aniyoo, eonnie… stop teasing me,” I pushed her further, and we were in sitting position again.

She laughed again and hugged mw sideways, “You are so cutee, baby,,, don’t worry about my friends at college, okay… You are the best in my eyes! Hey, how about we change our clothes and go somewhere? It is our anniversary, right,,,” I looked at her with shining eyes.

“Really, eonnie?” I was so happy and she nodded.

“Go change your clothes,” she asked.

We entered our room and quickly chose some dresses to wear. I was so panic, I did not know what to wear. What will make Eonnie happy? I was thinking too long.

“Minaaa,, I will be waiting outside, okay..” Eonnie told me that she was ready.

“Alright, eonnie,, wait for a while,” I decided to choose a simple pink dress and did a little bit of make up. I was ready in 5 minutes and before I opened the door, I took a deep breath. I did not what Eonnie would be look like.

Then, I opened my door, and I was surprised to see a big bouquet of red, white, and purple flowers. It was so big and pretty. I froze for a while admiring the beauty of the flowers, all are my favourite colours. My eyes got teary also, but then I heard her said, “Happy Anniversary, baby… Would you mind going out with me?” I smiled so wide.

“Yes, yes,, of course, eonnie,” she handed me the flower and showed me her bunny smile.

“Like it?” she asked.

“Yes,,, very much,,,” I said..

“Woooww, you are so pretty, Mina,,,, even a simple dress looks good on you,” she complimented me and I giggled.

Then, I started to check on eonnie, on her off shoulder dress. She was gorgeous yet simple at the same time.

“You are so gorgeous, eonnie,” I blushed again. Why on earth I have to be this weak in front of her.

“I know! And this gorgeous lady will spend her 1st anniversary with her beloved and cute girlfriend,” I chuckled listening to her silly yet romantic words.

“Shall we?” she offered her arm and I linked it with mine.

We went down from to the lobby and waited for the car to arrive. I was so happy and leaned my head to eonnie’s bare shoulder. She my hair and kissed my forehead.

I hope that you will be happy, Mina. Tonight and forever, I will try to make you happy.

Then, Mr. Kim was arrived and got in the car. I was so clingy that night and I did not let her arm away from mine.

“Haahh… I am so jealous looking at you two, lovey dovey,” Mr. Kim looked from the mirror and he chuckled.

“Thank you, Mr. Kim…” Eonnie said while rubbing my hands.

After around 30 minutes of ride, we arrived at a place I had never been visiting before. Mr. Kim opened the door for us, eonnie hold my hand to help me out of the car.

When I looked around, we were like at top of hill where we can enjoy Seoul’s lights at night. There were nice decoration around, mostly with white and pink.

Eonnie brought me near to the edge so we can see the city better. She gently back hugged me and we just enjoyed each other’s presence for a while.

“Minaa..” she called my name. “Love you,” she kissed my head. I really appreciated her soft and gentle action. I feel secured in her arms.

“I love you too, eonnie,, so much,” I replied.

“Love you more,” she giggled.

Then on our right side, there were some decorated lamps that randomly lighted up until it assembled a sentence.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MINAYAAAH. I LOVE YOU.

I broke the hug and faced her, “Eonniee, you prepared all this?”

“Anything for you, dear..” she placed her hand on my cheek and closed the gap between us. She looked at me with passion in her eyes and my heart started to race.

“May I kiss you, princess?” she asked my permission first.

I did not know what to react. I was just like a dream came true. I just closed my eyes and it was a signal to do it.

Slowly, I felt her lips on mine. She hold my waist with her left hand while her right hand was still on my cheek. Then I put my hands on her bare shoulders. I was a little bit shivering by the softness of Nayeon’s lips.

It was my first kiss and I gave it to the right person, Im Nayeon.

Since I did not have any experience, Nayeon eonnie led it gently. She did not rush anything, we just trying to find each other’s comfort and romantic moment.

 

Nayeon’s POV

Finally, I kissed Mina in this special moment. I really love her deeply; I want to give her the best experience.

I attached my lips to hers, seeing her reaction. Her lips were so soft and I did it as gentle as I could. When I saw that Mina received it well, I tried to deepen the kiss. She was a fast learner, and she kissed me back. Then, we found our rhythm and really enjoyed our sheer kiss.

I could tell that Mina had been waiting for this romantic thing to happen. Her sloppy kisses made me smiled in the middle of our moment. Our hearts raced at the same time and it was so beautiful.

After several minutes, we smiled and panted, we attached our foreheads.

“Are you happy now?” I asked her.

“Definitely, eonnie! Thank you for making my first kiss special” she whispered.

“So, since it is our official kiss, that means we can do it as many as we want after this,” I smirked.

“My pleasure, eonnie,,,” she laughed and covered cutely.

I hugged her tightly, “Never doubt my love to you, okay, Mina,, you already filled up all the space in my heart.” She nodded on my shoulder.

“Oh, one more thing,” I said and I released the hug. “Mr. Kim..” I called him.

Mr. Kim came and handed me the red box, and he went away to give us privacy.

I opened the red box in front of her and said, “Will you patiently wait for me to marry you, Mina?” I showed her one pair of rings. “This couple rings are just a symbol that you are mine and I am yours. I will definitely give you the real diamond ring when we are married later in the future.”

She just gave me her teary eyes while putting her hands on her chest. “You are perfect, eonnie,” she hugged me so tight. “I will, of course I will wait for you, I will not doubt your love again, so sorry.” I rubbed her back.

“Don’t cry, Minaaa,,, I understand your feeling about this,,, so here I stand now, asking you..” I took one of the rings and asked, “May I?”

She gave me her right hand and I inserted it in her ring finger. I smiled widely seeing the ring fits perfectly. Then she did the same to me, and we had the couple ring on our 1st anniversary.

“Eonnie,,,” she made me looked at her. She kissed me tenderly and I locked her body in my arms. I melted in her warmth and greatly excited about it.

We kissed for about 5 minutes and broke it since we needed air. “Thank you for everything, eonnie, my love.”

“What did you call me again?” I heard it but just want to .

“My love, I called you my love,” she repeated and blushed so bad.

“You are welcome, my love,” I replied and we laughed together.

In that moment, I did not forget to take pictures together, with rings in our hands. We took lots of pictures together and without Mina knowing, I hired a professional photographer who took our kissing moment.