04. Hoshi (Keeper of Violence)

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Violence.

 

Cursed with the demon of Violence, Hoshi is the Immortal everyone fears. One wrong word could anger his demon and one wrong doing, Violence would kill. 

 

‘Kill. Kill. Killkillkill’ the demon often repeated inside Hoshi’s mind.

 

When midnight struck, Hoshi would visit Hell where his soul burned in flames and returned in the morning. Pain and Death accompanied him at midnight and both demons made sure Violence stayed contained in those very pits of Hell.

 

“That’s your fifth bottle,” Jeonghan told Hoshi, peeking his eyes from the magazine in his hands. Hoshi shot Jeonghan a glare and sat back in his seat. He ignored the older Immortal and gulped down the water bottle in his clenched hands. Jeonghan shook his head and continued reading his magazine. 

 

“The damn food is ready!” Seongcheol shouted from the kitchen, his voice loud and clear. 

 

“Yay! More food!” Chan exclaimed.

 

“You hungry?” Jeonghan asked Hoshi. 

 

Hoshi shook his head, “I’ld rather kill myself by drinking than to eat Seongcheol hyung’s food.” 

 

Jeonghan laughed, “Why?” he wondered.

 

“He almost killed me once, do you not remember?” 

 

Jeonghan raised a brow. “...or did you kill him?” Jeonghan corrected. 

 

Hoshi shot Jeonghan a look. Jeonghan kept his mouth shut, knowing that it wasn’t the right time to tease the younger Immortal. He stood up and rushed into the kitchen instead of making any more conversation. 

 

Hoshi rolled his eyes and glared at the magazine Jeonghan had dropped. 

 

He sighed and shook his head. “Jeonghan hyung, you better control your demon or it will end up like Promiscuity!” Hoshi shouted to Jeonghan in the kitchen. 

 

Jeonghan poked his head out from the kitchen, “Whatdidyurjussayin?” Jeonghan mumbled with food in his mouth. Hoshi stood up from his seat and turned his head. 

 

“Contain your demon or it will run wild,” Hoshi repeated and stormed into his bedroom. 

 

“You’re not going to eat?!” Jeonghan shouted, but Hoshi had already disappeared.

 

The Immortal shut the door to his room and quietly took a seat on his bed. He stared at the empty walls and sighed. 

 

“3 more hours until midnight...” he muffled. 

 

‘3 more hours until you can kill’ Hoshi’s demon tempted. 

 

His hands turned into fists, ready to hit anything in his vicinity. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down, fighting against the violence within him.

 

Violence always expected Hoshi to kill right at the start of midnight, but Hoshi wouldn’t and he couldn’t. 

 

Therefore, Pain and Death would have to help him contain his inner demon. 

 

For if they do not, Hoshi would be on a killing rampage, killing anyone in his way, including the Immortals and those who stepped foot into the forest where the Immortals lived and stayed hidden from the rest of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter