12:00 (12 O'clock)

Years Apart (SLOW UPDATES)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I came across an antique shop in insadong, I'm really into old and vintage stuff so might as well check it. I went inside the shop and found a lot of rusty and almost broken things. The atmosphere in this place is quite heavy, and not a single customer aside from me, there's not even a person at the counter.

I look through the aisles with blinking lights. Why are all of the lights here are like this? There's a lot of interesting stuff but none caught my eye. There's a dollhouse, picture frames, pots, cameras, polaroids and etc.

 

 

'I guess there's nothing much to see here.' I said to myself since none really caught my attention nor I want to buy something. "Is there something you are looking for Miss?" I looked to my right and saw an old lady in an outdated manner. I was about to leave when I felt a grip on my wrist when I'm about to open the door. The old lady and I held gazes for a decent amount of time. Why can't I look away? "I have never seen you here no? Well, no matter. So?" She spoke again waking me up from my trance. I just shook my head no. Why can't I utter a word? "Well too bad. But feel free to come back." The old lady says dragging her words, she leaned her face to my ear before whispering. "I sure there will be something that your heart wants." She let go of my wrist then went to the back of the shop, my gaze following her still.

 

 

'Weird...'

 

 

 

 

I proceed to my way home feeling a bit off, I just shrugged off the weird feeling I had and walked faster. I live alone ever since I started college, I decided to be an independent daughter when I left home, I try to do part-time jobs and not take even a single penny from my family. Not that I hate them nor we have a bad relationship, I just don't want to be a burden for them.

 

 

I arrived at my small apartment when my phone rang taking me by surprise because of the feeling I felt on the way home. I took my phone out of my pocket and saw Miyeon's caller ID.

 

 

 

"Yah! Seo Soojin!" Miyeon shouted through the phone. God, I think my ears just rang.

 

 

"What?!" I shouted back, but it was more of Miyeon's regular everyday voice.

 

 

"Have you done our assignment in history for WWII?" Assignment? Oh !

 

 

"Oh, um...about that..." I completely forgot about that, because of my part-time job as a choreographer.

 

 

"Soojin ssi." Where did my bright cheerful friend go? This person talking to me right now is even colder than I am.

 

 

"Okay okay! I promise I'll do it before the deadline mom!" So much for being independent Soojin. I mentally scold myself

 

 

"Be sure to do it! I actually have to finish mine I just ask if you have already done yours so I can copy it, bye!"

 

 

 

What the? She even hangs up on me before I can say anything. Typical Cho Miyeon. But to introduce myself formally. I'm Seo Soojin I live alone as stated already. I'm a college student taking two major courses, yeah I know . I major in history and BA, and yes I know . I have way too many things to do with two courses and having a job is tiring but I got to do what I got to do. Having two major courses and a job makes you an extremely busy person, I don't even have time for myself. Call myself lucky if I do have time.

 

 

Introductions aside. My assessment is 2 weeks from now so I gotta start already.

 

 

A few minutes already and my paper is still blank. 'Ahhggg... why does history is so difficult... if only I could just go back in time and actually relieve what happened in WWII.' I kept o  researching and researching but I only got a few pieces of information, and the other ones I saw I already used in a different worksheet. I guess I have to go to the library. I left my history assignment for now and work on my other assignments. Until I feel sleepy, I walked to my bed and saw the time it's already 4 am I reserve a visitingin seoul national library before sleeping. I set an alarm to wake me up at 8 am. The moment the pillows made contact with my head I immediately went to sleep.
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter