The Office: First Day Jitters

The Office
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 001

 

The intense typing on the keyboard echoes through the empty office of the accounting department. Taeyang glanced at the digital clock on his computer indicating that it's only 6:17 in the morning. He was always the first one in the office and his colleagues would usually come to the office by 7.

 

He stretched his already sore muscles and drank his tea. Taeyang stopped drinking coffee a few years ago and is now an avid tea drinker. 

 

'It's kinda ironic that I'm the tea drinker when T.O.P is the one who knows all the tea, maybe I should give a tea set.' He cackled maniacally at the thought and sipped his black tea.

 

Chaeyoung who just arrived a few minutes ago and is now weirded out by her new boss laughing all by himself. She decided to give it a few moments before she announces her arrival. 

 

Taeyang swivelled in his chair as he took a short break from all the numbers. Chaeyoung thinks that she should not disturb her Boss who's completely blasé of his surroundings. 

 

'I'll let him be and just inform him of my arrival later when he's...sane enough?' Chaeyoung walked out of the office and headed to a vending machine near the advertising department while Taeyang was completely oblivious of Chaeyoung questioning the state of his sanity.

 

'Looking at numbers all day, everyday, would definitely make anyone go crazy' Chaeyoung reasoned to herself. 'Poor Mr. Taeyang'.

 

 

 

- - -

 

 

 

"Lisaaaaaaaaaaa~" Jisoo said in a sing-song voice.

 

"Yah Jisooyah you can't and I won't!" Lisa shouted as they walked together heading to the YG office. Chaeyoung left really early to make a good impression on her new boss while Jennie was still waking herself up with coffee when Jisoo and Lisa left their shared apartment.

 

"Why not huh? We totally can, you're just too scared to try." Jisoo argued while pouting her heart-shaped lips. Lisa narrowed her eyes at the older girl and thought for a moment.

 

Jisoo has been pestering Lisa to go eat at YG's famous cafeteria, even though they've already had their breakfast at home. The free food at the cafeteria was just a piece of gossip circulating around with the interns. No one was truly brave enough to actually go try and eat there because of their lowly position in the company. But Jisoo was adamant to try and prove the hearsay true.

 

"We'll be late unnie—"

 

"Our internship starts at 7:30, plenty of time till then!" Jisoo exclaimed while waving her hands for theatrics.

 

Lisa was hesitant but was persuaded by Jisoo. 'She can really talk you into doing things. Huh, this girl is perfect for the advertising department.' Lisa's hand was tugged by Jisoo and they headed towards said cafeteria, the most talked about food place in the whole country—YG corp's Cafeteria.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter