The heart thief

Close to my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"God help me!" We heard someone's voice and we turned. It was Jennie. She was holding her chest and breathing heavily. Tears were falling from her eyes.

"I am so sorry!"she apologized and turned her back then Jisoo catched her hand.

"Wait Jennie, are you okay? What's going on?" Jisoo asked her.

"I can't breathe!" She choked

"I am going to fetch you some water, please stay still!" I said and while I was running my sister and Minseok followed me to the balcony.

"Jennie are you okay? Do you want to call someone."  Minseok asked while I was helping her with the water.

"N-no I w-want to sit for a moment. I don't want a-anyone to see me like this."

Then we heard Chanyeol's yell. We looked inside the room. He punched Junhoe. And the man was on the ground. Rose cried and Junmyeon and Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol away.

"Don't forget you are still a little bugger. I am five years older than you, respect the elders, you stupid !" Chanyeol was visibly drunk.

"Then why are you acting like a kid?" Junhoe asked him while holding his cheek.

"You asks for it!" Chanyeol threatened him.

"Stop that! Leave him alone!" Rose shouted and everyone around them was shocked at her boldness.

"Junhoe let's go home!" Rose helped him and he hugged her. Then they left together. Chanyeol was so sad.

"ing hell! I'll kill him!"he was yelling.

"I-I want to get out from here!" Jennie chocked at her words while hoding her chest tightly.

"But how? If we go through the hall, everyone would see you!" My sister explained and Jennie only looked at the balcony. We understood what she meant. She wanted us to jump across the balcony. It wasn't really high. Not more that two meters.

"Oh we are going to have big problems!" Mina pointed.

"And when we jump, after that where are we going to go?"

"In my house. I live alone." Minseok suggested.

"Come on I would jump first. After that you would help me with the girls!" Minseok was very excited, Mina as well. That was a terrible idea. Really terrible. But nobody cared. They wanted to experience something exciting. The consequences after that experience weren't inportant to them. Minseok jumped fast and I lifted the trembling Jennie slowly to him. Then Mina jumped in his hand without my help. He smiled at her while holding her. Jisoo was watching them terrified.

"I-I can't!"she mumbled. "I am afraid of heights."

"It's not more than two meters, I am not going to let you fall." I assured her.

"No!" She was trembling. I only lifted her up- bridal style."

"No, no!" She was light as a feather. Her finges clunged into my chest.

"Don't be scared! Close your eyes and trust me." After all the tortures in the army - jumping of a balcony with her on my hands was easy.

"You can open your eyes,  now." Her head was burried in my chest. Someone depending on you- this felt nice. She opened her eyes and looked me in the eyes.

"Thank you!" I only mananged to smile at her.

"Guys, come on! I live nearby, but we need to hurry up, before they find us." Minseok warned us.
~
We arrived at his house. Fair-sized house with the most good looking picket fence, I’d ever seen. On the inside was very cozy too. The walls in the hall were white. The kitchen wasn't very big, but neat. Mina was admiring the house. Knowing her she imagined herself behind the broad board cooking for him...

"What do you think?" He asked us, but the question was only toward her.

"It's nice, very nice. But where are your servants?" Jennie asked him and he only laughed.

"I have hands. I did everything here with my own hands." He explained and Mina looked proudly at him.

"Well do you want something for drink? I have water and a little bit of a whine?"

"No thanks!" We then settled in his dining room. She was bigger with a dark walls- giving the feeling of solitude.

"Now Jennie, what's going on? You are still crying... Do you want to tell us something?" Minseok asked her.

"I-I." then she smiled."I- I received something.."then she showed us the little box she was holding tightly to her chest.

"It's from my love.." we gasped.

"Your love?" Mina asked her shocked. It was clear it wasn't from Jongin.

"Yes... We met while I was abroad..." when Jennie was sixteen her family sent her to study in New York.

"I met him there... I fell in love with him. I still can't forget him. It's seems he too.. sending me this." She said bitterly and showed us the note in the box and the golden ring. "I hope he love you as much as I do, but that's impossible.." she read and now I realised that everyone around me were in forced relationships. It was so unfair..

"Why aren't you with him? Is he maybe not wealthy?" My sister asked and Jennie laughed.

"No."

"Then his family wasn't prestigious enough?" Jisoo guessed.

"He was ten times richer than my family. Maybe more... but he is a gang member from Chinatown.. When the news of me being with him.." she mumbled "my parents

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter