seulgi

up in the air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After carefully placing her duffel bag in the overhead locker, Seulgi slumps into her window seat with a huff. Flying from Tokyo to Seoul, it’s her first time travelling by air since she was a baby and although it’s nerve wracking, she’s excited to experience it and visit her homeland.

Getting herself comfortable, Seulgi leans back and basks in the moment, closing her eyes and letting herself get lost in the sound of the loud engine and passengers getting seated. She’s always loved the hustle and bustle of city life, it makes her feel a little less lonely. A little more understood.

Snapped out of her thoughts she hears a woman softly ask, “Hey Jennie, is this seat IS67?” 

I’m seat IS68….she must be my seat partner! Seulgi realises.

Eyes opening widely in curiosity, she finds a lady standing in front of her, dressed stylishly in jeans and a leather jacket with a cap on and airpods in. As the stranger looks up slowly at Seulgi and pushes the cap a little further up her forehead, she’s shocked to see….a face.

A clear face.

She can see the woman’s features clearly; a nose, a mouth, a pair of enchanting eyes. But more than that, all the features form a coherent (and rather attractive) face.

Seulgi tries her best not to stare, she really does, but she can’t take her eyes off the woman. It may sound odd, but it’s a phenomena that’s never happened in her entire life. 

It’s the first face she’s recognised in her entire life and….she’s beautiful. It’s a face she would die to paint and make into the new Mona Lisa. Although she’s never seen any other faces, Seulgi’s sure this woman must have one of the most beautiful faces out there, if not the most. 

As the lady sits down and takes off her cap, running her fingers through her hair, Seulgi can’t help but keep staring and studying her as if fearing that she’ll never witness such a sight ever again. Never did she expect to see a face of all things on this flight, let alone a woman so captivating.

Minutes go by, passengers have almost finished boarding and Seulgi continues blatantly staring in awe until suddenly her seatmate turns to her, making direct eye contact and clearing as if to passive aggressively tell Seulgi off. Immediately getting the obvious message, she turns away abruptly to stare out the window instead, embarrassed to have been caught and cursing herself for not being sensical. 

Seulgi tries her absolute best to rationalise the situation, find an answer as to just how this is possible and why of all people, the woman? In her entire 27 years of living, how is it that suddenly now she’s able t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter