-Some Way-

Roses and Daisies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
where new ice cream shop around the street becomes Chaeyoung’s favorite place to visit amidst her slight problem...                                                                   {Some Way}     The world decides to you up in a very weird way, at least that’s what Park Chaeyoung thinks as of this moment. The passersby give her a very  quizzical look, wondering if she’s some statue or mentally disturbed person due to the continuous blinking. They can’t figure it out so they walk past but some of them(mostly rebellious teenagers) snap a picture and run away.   Park Chaeyoung regrets coming down the street to buy some sanitary pad for her bestfriend who is usually very needy. The first reason being the insane hot weather making her sweat a lot, she wouldn’t make an effort if she didn’t love the poor girl bleeding back home. Another reason she regrets it is because there’s this never seen ice cream shop beside the store which by the look seems super girly and cringy, her eyes furrowed in concern due to the choice of color.   “They should’ve used baby pink.” She had said, observing the newly opened ice cream shop. That should’ve been the end of the observation and she should’ve gone inside the store to buy the needed necessity for her dear friend.    But no, hallelujah, god had other plans which is also ultimately the main reason of her regret on coming down and getting her skin exposed in this heat.    A girl with a flyer.   The course of action was to only blink one time but how can she control her eyes when the girl with the most adorable gummy smile is standing a couple yards away, cutely handing out some flyers to the strangers walking by, who take it and even initiates a small talk which leads them to enter the ice cream shop. And of course Chaeyoung doesn’t fail to notice that little victory dance the cute girl does, which automatically attracts Chaeyoung and the destination is changed.   She strides towards the flyer girl but backs away, slaps her own face softly in hopes of calming down. She exhales and moves with confident steps, but again, she halts and hurriedly takes out her phone, opening the camera and switching it into a selfie mode, “, I look awful.”    Her eyes trails back to the flyer girl and the confidence builds up impulsively, astonishing herself. Then begins the walk of anxiety mixed with ambition.    “Please visit the shop and order your favorite ice cream! As today marks a week of opening, there’s a very heavy discount!”    Chaeyoung can literally hear her voice and if it isn’t the most beautiful and raw voice she’s ever heard, she could’ve felt better after just looking the face and leaving. What are the chances of meeting the love of your life in the middle of the street? Very low, but Chaeyoung is ready to simp on this girl, that’s what she’s best at anyway.    “Hi! Please taste our delicious ice creams! I promise that you won’t regret it.” The flyer girl quickly says as it’s finally Chaeyoung’s turn to receive the very dull looking flyer, but she doesn’t care, she’s here for the flyer girl not the actual flyer.   “T-thanks” She shutters but the flyer girl gives her the same gummy smile she’s been giving every stranger and that does the trick, Chaeyoung is no more breathing and is precisely malfunctioning, not even knowing that she’s still holding the flyer girl’s soft and oh so squishy hand.   Chaeyoung smiles, feeling the warmth of the stranger’s hand and mindlessly says, “Squishy”   “I’m sorry?” The flyer girl awkwardly laughs while pulling her hand away and that’s when the embarrassment dawns to Chaeyoung. She’s completely made a fool out of herself, she feels her cheeks warming up and she just knows that it’s bright red now.    “The fl-flyer is super squishy, haha.”   Shut up, at least she tried. It may not be the best but in Chaeyoung’s defense, she used her little left sanity to answer and that’s what matters the most.   “Is it?” All eyes on the flyer girl as she looks at the flyer attentively and touches different surface of the flyer.   “Yea, it kind of does feel squishy.” This girl is definitely trolling is what goes through Chaeyoung’s mind instantly given the slight smirk and those very peculiar brows raised. Even fools can distinguish that a paper can’t be squishy, it doesn’t make any sense so the girl agreeing to it, mortifies Chaeyoung.   “You should definitely try the ice cream inside, it’s new yea but totally worth it.” Those sweet voice is to blame on why Chaeyoung is inside the very off-putting ice cream shop that doesn’t match her taste of interior. That hot pink theme is very much disturbing to her sights and a very first-hand offense to baby pink.   “What would you like to order?” She can’t do it, this is her only chance to leave and run away from this ice cream shop, but god really likes to torture her to no end because as she turns her head, she sees the flyer girl from the transparent glass wall which leads her to the biggest dilemma.    “Ma’am? Are you alright?” A very bothered staff behind the display shelf asks because Chaeyoung is holding the line up, and the other customers are getting irked by the delay.   If only she hadn’t turned around, she would’ve avoided the flyer girl meeting her gaze through the glass and sending her a big thumbs up, which sums up her dilemma and she can only breathe a low, “”    “Give me whatever.”    And she gets ‘whatever’, seemingly the most disgusting looking ice cream ever and she wonders what will happen to her poor life if she tastes it, but she doesn’t for various reasons. At least, the cone is made of waffle and is a pleasant sight to look at but the price almost knocks her down in the gutter.   6.86 dollar for this garbage? Chaeyoung can put a long list of reasons why she shouldn’t visit this damn ice cream shop or even be near it, but the flyer girl is the main problem and distraction, and she doesn’t need to be distracted rather she needs to focus on her unfinished canvas back at home.   As she dwells in her own loop of thoughts, she walks outside with the ice cream as it is in her hand, ready to dump it on the bin somewhere and leave the place in one piece.   “Do you not like it?” Can she have a moment of peace? No, because the flyer girl is in front of her with a slight tilted head, waiting for an answer with that adorable cheeks of her. Chaeyoung hates pretty girls; they tend to pull her soul away and only leave her to panic.    Chaeyoung gulps and looks at the melting gruesome color ice cream, then proceeds to look at the flyer girl leading her heart to tremble rapidly, so she stutters, “I ab-bsolutely love it!”   “You haven’t even tasted it.” Chaeyoung adds another thing on her mental list; she hates observant people. The world wants to embarrass her in front of a very pretty woman and to her dismay, the world is winning over.    In a quick two minutes, Chaeyoung devours the ice cream and she definitely knows the consequences of it but she had to do it, blame it on the flyer girl who is sickeningly attractive.   “T-that was delicious!”    The flyer girl laughs, “You didn’t have to finish it at one go.”   “I didn’t want you to get the impression that I hate it.” Chaeyoung literally hates it.   “But your choice of ice cream really amazed me.  This is the first time I’ve seen someone with a ginger pineapple flavor ice cream.”    Chaeyoung is baffled, “What?”   “Ginger?” Okay that’s why the taste was so awful, stinks and she gets conscious about it, making sure to only open slightly to talk.   “Wait-didn’t you know?” The flyer girl plays with the few flyers that’s in her hand and casually looks up to Chaeyoung, anticipating an answer.   “I told them to give me whatever.” Chaeyoung dismays.    And maybe Chaeyoung did something because the laugh is very intoxicating, and her cute face glows even more.    “They literally gave you whatever.”   Chaeyoung can only sigh, “Tell me about it...that staff probably hates me.”    “They’re just messing with you. Maybe if you come by another time and I’m behind the shelf, I’ll give you the best one.” Flyer girl is kind.   “Is this how you get the other customer coming?”   Flyer girl smirks and it looks awfully y, “Is it working?”    It doesn’t take more than five seconds for Chaeyoung to answer, “Definitely.”   “Maybe I should ask a raise then.” Chaeyoung nods while glancing at the flyer girl who is few inches smaller than her, but she ain’t judging at all because that’s what makes her cuter.   “How is it working here?”    “Decent, I need the money so I’m taking whatever I can.”    “I thought you were some kind of crazy ice cream lover.”    Flyer girl chuckles, “I am but I wouldn’t describe myself as ‘crazy lover’. This job honestly pays a lot better than the others I considered.”    “That’s cool. So is the flyer thing necessary everyday?”    “Not at all, I hate doing it but one of our staff made these and I didn’t want her effort to be wasted, so I volunteered to do it...but I kind of don’t regret it.” Chaeyoung feels the latter look at her very slowly with a small smile, if only she knew what goes around that pretty brains of hers then she would’ve known it indicates something.    ‘The art looks inadequate’ Chaeyoung almost says it, keyword ‘almost’ and she thanks the lucky stars that her stupid mouth didn’t betray her because she would’ve come off as a person with superior complexity.   “It’s probably too late but I’m Jennie.” Flyer girl extends her hand outwards and Chaeyoung starts to panic inside. That extending hand looks so inviting that Chaeyoung wants to reach out and run away with her, but she may get framed as a kidnapper and a creep.   She reaches out to take her hand and when she does, it makes her very demented heart calm down.    “Park Chaeyoung.” Goddammit, Chaeyoung shrinks in embarrassment at the robotic voice of hers and on why she used her full name. It’s totally uncool and it makes her more worried.   “Okay, Park Chaeyoung. This is supposed to feel squishy, not that thin flyer.” Flyer girl sways their hand slowly as she kind of teases Chaeyoung about her earlier comment.    “Oh god” Chaeyoung is bright red.   Jennie giggles and pulls her hand away, “It’s time for me to help inside, it was lovely meeting you though.”   “Likewise.” Chaeyoung can only mutter, still destroyed by Jennie’s subtle teasing.   “Hope to see you soon?”    Chaeyoung perks up and grins, “Absolutely. Love the ice cream so will come back often for more.”   “Great. See you around.” Jennie smiles one last time and runs upto the shop, and Chaeyoung stares her until she reaches inside and takes a place behind the pay counter.   “I’m ing doomed.” Chaeyoung feels extremely uncomfortable as her stomach starts to hurt, she quickly dashes out from there to her apartment completely forgetting the whole reason of her coming down the street.   Chaeyoung is particularly sweating as she reaches the apartment door which she shares with her best friend, Lisa.    “Thank god, you’re finally here.” Lisa says as Chaeyoung bolts inside and heads towards the bathroom without answering.   It’s only after a while that Lisa comes striding towards the closed bathroom door, “Chaeng? Where’s the damn sanitary pads?”   “Uh....ice cream...” Chaeyoung can only make a few words as she’s struggling in pain.   “Do you want me to ing bleed to death in our carpet?” Lisa wails which is totally unnecessary but blame her period for the emotion changes.   And that evening consisted of a distraught Lisa who vows not to talk to Chaeyoung, who may be the cause of her death for extreme loss of blood and Chaeyoung, who has to make a run to the bathroom every hour but Jennie is all that matters to her.       So it starts; the frequent visit on Monday and Tuesday. Chaeyoung is particularly the best customer and a distant sibling of the ice cream shop at this point.    Thankfully, Jennie works in the weekdays and it made Chaeyoung ecstatic when she first found out(who are we even fooling? She went in the shop beforehand to find out when Jennie works)   “Earth to Chaeyoung?” Jennie snaps her finger which brings her back to reality and her eyes meet the most inviting inky ones, which spontaneously makes her smile.   “Mars to Jennie?” Jennie rolls her eyes and shakes her head disapprovingly.   “You’re perfect, Chaeyoung but god really skipped when he had to pour humor while making you.”    “He skipped on the ‘height’ one while making you.” Chaeyoung counterattacks, a friendly one and Jennie doesn’t take it seriously because they’ve been very close lately, even though they have yet to ask each other’s number.   “You’re talking as
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter