a new hobby

Housemate Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode: 01
“a new hobby”
check out: apartment tour
just in case you can't picture
my description because i surely
admit i at it T_T
just this apartment with an extra room.

 

 

"So what do you do?"

 

Sehun slides into the seat next to her, facing the rest of the apartment. Haneul throws him a look from the corner of her eyes. There is a big grin on his face as the movers throw in his mess from the moving truck into the apartment. "Haneul?"

 

"I mind my own business," she answers, making him smile wider for some reason, "I will appreciate it if you did so too." And then she goes back to her food. 

 

He hums and shrugs. Sehun proceeds to sticking out his arms into the air to release a yawn. Haneul has to duck and protect her bowl of noodles from his unwelcome invasion and she does so with a glare. "Yeah, that's not much. I prefer to do more...adventurous things. Risky things," he throws at her a wink before resting his arms on the table.

 

"Yes, I can see that," she nods, not sparing him a glance. "Invading my personal space is a very risky thing to do."

 

"No, I meant...I like to do experiments and make new trends...sometimes, I write. I want to publish a book in the long run. What are you eating? Do you have more of these? I'm hungry," he proceeds to touch the bowl.

 

With his dirty hand.

 

Haneul doesn't share food.

 

He should've known.

 

But now he knows.

 

Because now he is holding onto his dear arm, hoping she hadn't dislocated it, crying out loud because it is painful and the movers are glancing at each other wondering what exactly is wrong with this dude.

 

Haneul watches him for one second, watches him being over dramatic for one whole second before going back to her food like nothing happened. Because nothing did happen. If this brings him to the conclusion that he must not mess with her, Haneul will be more than happy. 

 

"Listen," she sighs, letting her fork meet the bowl. She turns to the guy who is still not done cursing at her. "There are rules, like I mentioned before. Since we need to live together, we have to compromise. No pets. No loud music at any time of the day. We mind our own business. Bring home only the quiet friends. No on any place other than our respective rooms. Clean up after yourself. Cook your own food. Label your stuff in the fridge. Don't and I really mean this one...don't steal my food."

 

Sehun looks at her in the most incredulous manner. The bone that he was pretending had been broken, is suddenly healed. Haneul just knew it will be the most difficult to live with him under the same roof. 

 

"First of all, I have a dog. And he's my life-long companion. I can't abandon my little son because of your obnoxious rules, Haneul. And I love music, so you have to compromise as well. None of my friends are quiet but you know what? You'll love them in no time. And we'll adopt into our circle, don't worry about that. Before long, we'll be friends. And we'll ditch these rules, Haneul. We're in this together."

 

Haneul stares at him. She only stares. Sehun flashes her a big smile. "Come on, it will be fun," he dares to touch her shoulder and pat. "We'll have parties and sleepovers and we'll watch movies together. Living with someone can be very fun, Haneul. And my Coco is the most adorable. I promise."

 

The girl stares at her food for a long minute. She waits for him to shut up.

 

But he never does.

 

He goes on about his friends, and how many pools they have. And his favorite food's recipe. Which is the only bit that interests her. But the movers know that Sehun has a death wish because the silence of the girl is quite scary. No one plans a murder out loud, they know. Sehun apparently doesn't.

 

There are things Haneul doesn't tolerate and the biggest is when someone is annoying her while she is doing her favorite activity...eating. Sehun waves his hands in the air, describing something that she doesn't want to know. Because everything he says is just a bunch of rubbish. She has known him since high school so trust her to know. 

 

"There was a ginger cat there and Mom had almost bought it but I thought that a puppy would be a better companion. You know, just because--"

 

"I don't know if I'm interested in the story of your life," Haneul shuts him up with a glare. "Shut up. I'm eating."

 

"So, what interests you?"

 

"Shut up, I said," her voice is calm, hiding the fury inside her head. Sehun smirks, stopping his blabber at the look of her eyes. Haneul grabs her fork and goes ahead to twist the noodles around it's head. She notices how the movers are doing their work in a pin-drop silence. She likes it. It almost feels like she is the only one in the whole apartment.

 

"You know, I think I--"

 

Sehun gasps at the sudden action, becoming one with the table as she holds the pointed ends of the fork near his eyes, keeping only a little distance in between. Haneul watches his wide eyes becoming wider. He yells at her before falling off the stool because of little friction between his and the seat and also because of his infinite clumsiness and urge to create unnecessary drama.

 

"You..." his voice trembles, "I'm just trying to...make conversation."

 

"You're just trying to kill yourself," Haneul rolls her eyes. "When I say shut up, you better not say another word."

 

"Oh my god, you're crazy," he grumbles under his breath, touching the left side of his chest as if his heart had lept out of his rib cage at the attack. "You're crazy," he keeps chanting that, pretending to die on the dirty floor for a second. And then he purses his lips together trying to be cute...and hurt...? Haneul groans at the excessive drama. Sehun rolls on the ground, curses at her, does some other things to prove that she needs to apologize to him. "I got so scared. That's not how you treat your housemate. I will complain to the landlord. You're being very mean to me. How can you eat--no, stop eating. I'm literally dying--" Sehun gasps at the splash of water on his face. And even then, his talking doesn't stop. "You're very mean."

 

"You'll get used to it," she tells him, placing the empty glass on the table before going back to her food again. And fortunately for him and her, Sehun finally goes into his room. Haneul looks behind her shoulder and finds the movers staring at her momentarily but the second her eyes meet theirs, they immediately resume their working. They don't want to end up like Oh Sehun. They surely feel bad for him. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun turns the volume up. The speakers blast his favorite music. He jumps on the bed with a towel around his hips and a sunglass perched on his nose. And he's never tried this before so he really wonders how the towel is staying there. He just wants to annoy Haneul. Early in the morning when he still has two hours to himself before going to work, he wants to make her walk into his room to remind him about the rules. And he will keep doing the same thing until she has enough of it and stops with her sass.

 

Just like he has expected when this idea came to his head the moment he woke up, there comes a firm knock on his closed door. His room is messy as and he hopes that will only annoy her more. He remembers being in a school project with her, in the same group. Their job was to present a discussion about greenfield sites. And back then he used to have a crush on her. That was like the whole school, everyone's jaw dropped at her cold face. He wasn't any different than the straight guys and not straight girls of their class. Anyways, she made such a fuss about the parts she found unnecessary in their presentation and scrutinized the slides to the point everyone was cursing at her up front, not even behind her back. Everyone used to say she has OCD, which she might have. But Sehun was too shallow to think that way. He just found her something good to look at and he barely cared about the group work so he had nothing against her. But that was back then.

 

So, the thing he really wants to tell you is that, his messy room might make her yell at him. And the idea excites him to no end. So he puts his pineapple printed shades back on and pretends that he has heard nothing while Taylor Swift's You Need To Calm Down rings in the whole neighborhood. The knock becomes more prominent, almost louder than his music. Sehun can sense the urgency in it and smiles to himself, doing some crazy dance step with his arms.

 

The door opens. Sehun secures the flamingo printed towel around his hips before turning to Haneul. To see her fuming, eyes wide, mouth open as she screams at him. But the scene that greets him makes him gasp almost. Haneul is smiling at him. What the ?

  

"Hi." He reads her lips. Haneul awkwardly walks towards his speakers, carefully making her way t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter