Requested by moot - Pink Magic

Black_Lily's Library

Jongwoon was in love with the world of magic.

 

 

Or rather, he was in love with the world of magic and the person who introduced it to him.

.

.

.

.

"Keep a close eye on this hat. See, there is nothing inside, right?"

 

A handsome brown-haired man in black suit said while showing his black top hat to the audience. He even went as far as shoving his white gloved hand into the hat and tapping around the inside, proving that nothing was inside the hat. After he got a collective nod from the audience, the handsome magician flipped the top hat up. He smiled mysteriously while moving his free hand above the hat in circles.

 

"Do you believe in pink magic?"

"Yes!!!"

 

Jongwoon didn't care that his shouting might be a tad bit too loud compared to other people. Some people among the crowd turned to look at him with a raised brow but he ignored them all, for his heart and his eyes solely focusing on the handsome magician on the stage who looked at his direction and smiled at—

 

 

Wait, did Kyuhyun-ssi just smile at me?

 

 

Shaking his head in denial, Jongwoon threw the silly thought away as soon as it appeared in his head. He was just an ordinary audience, why would Kyuhyun, the greatest magician, notice his presence? Simply impossible. After shooting his stupid hope down, Jongwoon turned his attention back to the show. After receiving huge support from the crowd, The magician Kyuhyun finished casting his pink magic spell on the hat. Winking at him, wait, no, no way Kyuhyun-ssi would wink at him! After winking at the audience, the handsome magician put his hand into the hat and pulled out a cute turtle plush around a puppy size. Jongwoon couldn't help but smile. What could possibly be better than knowing that your crush also liked turtles?

 

Along with the other audience, he clapped his hands and cheered loudly at the impressive magic trick. Kyuhyun bowed gracefully to the crowd before throwing the turtle plush into the air. All eyes in the hall followed the cute cartoon-ish turtle rising high up and falling down, before falling into the top hat that the magician extended out to receive the animal plush. Holding the hat with his two hands, Kyuhyun flipped and spun the hat but nothing fell off, even though they all saw that the turtle plush indeed fell into the hat. The handsome magician threw the top hat into the air and bowed down, the hat spinning and falling perfectly on Kyuhyun's brown hair. The magician received a loud cheering from his amazing show, including from Jongwoon.

 

"Thank you! Shall we move on to the next trick?"

 

The magician's assistant who was a short young man carried a table and a vase out from the backstage. There were two beautiful red roses in the blue vase. The handsome magician took out his white handkerchief from the suit pocket and showed it to the crowd. He flipped it back and forth to guarantee that it was just an ordinary handkerchief.

 

"I'm going to make the rose disappear!"

 

The magician Kyuhyun proclaimed. Then, holding the handkerchief in his hands, he hid the roses behind the fabric but kept the vase presented to the crowd's eyes.

 

"I'll show you the pink magic. Count with me! Three… Two… One!"

 

However, the rose was still there when the magician raised his handkerchief up. The magician Kyuhyun scratched his head and laughed sheepishly while looking at the audience.

 

"Well, it seems like my spell has failed! My bad!"

 

While the crowd was laughing at the magician, Jongwoon was the only one who noticed that something was off about the roses.

 

"No, his spell worked! Look! One of the roses disappeared!"

 

The audience checked the vase again after hearing Jongwoon's words. Indeed, the rose in the vase that used to be two, now only one was left. While the crowd was in awe of the trick they just realized, Jongwoon was busy praising himself for being the only person who saw through. That's right, he didn't call himself Kyuhyun's number one fan for nothing!

 

"You've got very sharp eyes!"

 

Jongwoon blushed madly when the handsome magician looked and smiled at him. Even if it was just a millisecond, his crush noticed him and nothing could make him happier… No, he should focus on the show, not his stupid daydream!

 

"Now it's time for the finale. I'm going to make myself disappear!"

 

The magician took a large white cloth from his assistant and showed it to the crowd. Again, it was an ordinary cloth. The magician Kyuhyun raised the cloth high up until he was out of the audience's sight. Counting to three, the magician dropped the cloth but when the white fabric fell on the stage, he had disappeared. The crowd stirred up conversation excitedly, trying to guess where the magician had gone. Unlike most people, Jongwoon kept to himself while looking everywhere to find the handsome magician but to no avail.

 

"How could he leave us like this! What an irresponsible person!"

 

Someone shouted from the seat beside him and Jongwoon's anger immediately flared up.

 

"Yah! You know nothing about him so shut—"

 

Jongwoon was unable to finish his curse because he was too shocked. Sitting beside him was none other than the magician Kyuhyun himself. Then, a beam of spotlight shone on him revealing his presence to the crowd. While Jongwoon was still gasping and blushing, the magician stood up and bowed down around himself. Then, the handsome magician turned to wink at him, causing heat to spread further on his face.

 

"Dear audience, there's something stuck behind your ear."

"E-Eh? My ear?"

"Yes, here, let me take it off for you."

 

The magician Kyuhyun leaned in until their eyes were at the same level. With a fond smile, the taller man put his hand behind Jongwoon's ear and when he pulled away, there was a beautiful red rose in the magician's hand.

 

"A gift for you, my dear audience."

 

Lightly kissing the red rose, the magician Kyuhyun gave the rose to Jongwoon. The entire hall roared and cheered up loudly, but the sound was still quieter than the black-haired man's heartbeat. Jongwoon could no longer focus on anything else but the rose in his hands. He didn't even realize that he sat through the closing curtain speech. In fact, he only came to his senses when someone gently shook his shoulder.

 

"Excuse me, Sir, but we're closing now."

"Oh, y-yes! Sorry!! I'll go now!"

 

Jongwoon got up from his seat with a flushed face from embarrassment. He just realized that he was the only one left in the hall!

 

"Wait, don't go yet! Kyuhyun told me to come get you to the backstage."

"W-What!!? K-Kyuhyun? M-Me??"

 

The man, whom he just recalled as Kyuhyun's assistant, smiled and nodded.

 

"Yep!! He's been dying to meet you for ages! Come with me, please. Oh, I'm Kim Ryeowook, by the way!"

 

Dazed, Jongwoon quietly followed the assistant to the backstage.

 

****************************************

 

"We finally met, my dear audience."

 

 

The handsome magician greeted him with warm eyes and gentle smile that made his brain stop function. He still didn't know why the great magician called him here, but he didn't want to waste this chance. There were so many things that he wanted to say to the man before him, to tell him how much he had come to love magic shows thanks to him, and he told the magician so.

 

 

"I've always loved you."

 

I've always loved your magic shows.

 

"Because of you, I've come to know how beautiful the world is."

 

Because of your pink magic, I've come to know how amazing the world of magic is.

 

"If possible, I'd love to be by your side forever."

 

If possible, I'd love to watch your magic shows for the entire life.

 

"You're the only one to me who I've come to love, Kyuhyun-ssi."

 

You're the only magician I've truly come to enjoy watching.

 

"I really do love you…"

 

I really do love your magic shows…

 

 

He did it!!! He told Kyuhyun-ssi that he really admired his magic shows!!! Jongwoon beamed proudly at himself, though his smile soon died down when he saw the handsome magician laughing so hard that his body doubled over.

 

"Y-You," Kyuhyun spoke up with a trace of mirth left, "did you know that you just confessed to me? Quite cute too!"

"What? I-I did that!!?"

 

Heat exploded and set his whole face on fire. Jongwoon groaned while hiding his face in his palms in embarrassment.

 

"I-I didn't mean to say that! I just want to tell you that I really think you're an amazing magician!!"

"Don't worry, I don't mind that." Kyuhyun said with shining eyes, "I have to say though, I'm not as amazing as you think. Actually, there's someone who is far better in magic tricks than me."

Jongwoon frowned, "Impossible. How can there be someone better than you?"

"There is. He managed to steal my stuff without even laying his hands on me. To this day, I still have no clues how to take it back, though it's not like I want it back to begin with."

"There really is someone that amazing? Who?"

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled while taking a step closer.

 

 

"You."

 

 

Jongwoon blinked cluelessly.

 

 

"Eh? Me?"

 

 

Kyuhyun took another step closer, his smile wider and gentler.

 

 

"Yes, you, you stole my heart without even laying a hand on me."

 

 

"H-Hello?"

"Yes…?"

"I just want to tell you that I really like your magic shows! Ignore those hate words. They think that magic has to be flashy and grand, but they know nothing! Fighting and don't give up on your dream! I'll always support you no matter what happens!"

 

 

"You're the one who taught me the power of pink magic and the meaning of love. You're the true magician."

 

 

Standing before the shorter man, Kyuhyun gently held the smaller hands and said.

 

 

"May I have the honor of knowing your name? O'great magician?"

 

 

It took him a while but Jongwoon finally managed to reply despite his hammering heartbeat.

 

 

"Jongwoon, it's Kim Jongwoon."

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled, "nice to meet you, Jongwoon."

 

 

The magician then leaned in and completely got rid of the space between their lips.