KyuSung Day Drabble Event

Black_Lily's Library

1. Coffee with an Added Sweetness

 

 

As a cafe owner, Jongwoon had met all kinds of customers and had made all kinds of strange orders. Iced coffee but don't put too much ice in it? Already done. Green tea and espresso topped with caramel and brown sugar? Already done. XL coffee with 7 sugar and 7 milk? Also done. Really, at this point there wasn't any order that he couldn't make, as long as the customers requested for it.

 

He never expected to get a request like this.

.

.

.

"Excuse me? Could you repeat your order again?"

"I want an M size iced chocolate and your smile."

"My smile…?"

"Yes, your smile, please."

 

Jongwoon blinked cluelessly at a tall man who looked at him with a straight face. This gentleman was a regular customer at his cafe who always ordered the same iced chocolate. However, today was the first time this regular customer made a request, a strange one at that.

 

"Of course, I can do that, but may I ask why?"

"Because—"

"Jongwoon hyung! Here is an M size iced chocolate!"

 

He took the drink from his younger brother and turned to face the good looking customer. Smiling brightly, he handed the drink to the tall brown-haired man.

 

"Here, your order with a smile!"

"Thank you."

 

The handsome stranger took the drink and smiled at him, and Jongwoon suddenly felt lightheaded. His heart jumped crazily and he couldn't think of anything for a moment.

 

"You asked me, right?"

"H-Huh?"

"Why did I request that?"

"Oh, right, why? If it isn't too much to ask?"

The taller man smiled, "because I want to add something sweet in my drink."

 

With that said, the gentleman winked at him and left the shop. Jongwoon blinked cluelessly, tilted his head, and went on with his job with a shrug. It was only when he had a cup of coffee during a break that what the handsome customer said caught up with him.

 

 

"Because I want to add something sweet in my drink."

 

 

Psst!

 

"Hyung!! Why did you spit the coffee!!? Is it really that bad!!?"

 

Jongwoon didn't say anything. He just stared at the cup in his hand with burning cheeks.

 

 

Today, the coffee tasted sweeter than usual.

 

************************************

 

2. Latte Art to Your Heart

 

 

Kyuhyun wasn't a fan of coffee. He didn't like the bitterness that left a bad memory at the tip of his tongue. He preferred something rich and complexed like wines. Unfortunately, wines didn't help him go through the thesis paper due soon. Really, coffee was the best friend of college students. Since he hated bitter things, latte was the only variation of coffee that his taste buds could tolerate. He didn't drink just any latte though, it had to be the one made by his favorite barista at his favorite cafe near his dorm.

.

.

.

"Kyuhyun-ah, how was the coffee?"

"Not too sweet and not too bitter. As usual, Jongwoon hyung, you make the best coffee!"

"That's all…?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Nothing…"

 

Kyuhyun watched the older man walking away with sagged shoulders. For some reason, he didn't like it when he couldn't see Jongwoon hyung's smile.

.

.

.

Another thing he hated about coffee was its lukewarm temperature. He hated that he couldn't drink it right away but had to leave it to cool first. For that reason, he developed a habit of stirring the coffee to make it cool faster while working on his thesis paper.

.

.

.

"Kyuhyun-ah, do you like the coffee today?"

"Yes, I love it. It tastes amazing as usual."

"And…?"

"And?"

"Nothing…"

 

Kyuhyun felt like someone stabbing his heart with a sharp knife looking at the older man's sad smile.

.

.

.

The goddamn Word program froze and he was fighting with it when his order was served. He was busy cursing and trying to fix it so he didn't even glance at his coffee. By the time he was done getting the useless program to work, his latte had already cooled down without him stirring it.

 

Then he saw it.

 

A small heart made by milk foam.

.

.

.

Ever since then, Kyuhyun paid more attention to his coffee and he found the pattern. On a day that he was in a bad mood, Jongwoon hyung drew a smiley face for him. On a day that he felt relatively normal, Jongwoon hyung drew a cute turtle or a cute penguin for him. And, on a day that he smiled at the older man when making an order,

 

Jongwoon hyung drew a heart for him.

 

Ever since finding out about it, he stopped his habit of stirring the coffee first. At the same time, he developed a new habit of taking a picture of the latte art before drinking.

.

.

.

"Jongwoon hyung, can you come sit here for a sec?"

"Huh? What happened?"

"It's the coffee. What did you add in it? It tastes way sweeter than usual."

"What? I didn't add anything though? I made it like what I do every time."

"No. You add something in it."

"What is it then?"

 

Kyuhyun smirked.

 

"You put your heart in it, right? Literally and figuratively?"

"My heart? No, I didn't—"

 

Jongwoon hyung turned red.

 

"Y-You saw the latte art?"

"Yep!"

"Oh," the older man gasped dumbly, "um, what do you think about it then? Do you… like it…?"

Kyuhyun said bluntly, "I hate coffee, but,"

 

 

Chu!

 

 

Kyuhyun grinned wickedly after letting the luscious lips free. His Jongwoon hyung had turned so red that he could rival a strawberry sauce.

 

"I don't mind getting addicted to this kind of coffee."

 

To prove that he really didn't mind it, Kyuhyun leaned in and stole another quick kiss.

 

*************************************

 

3. Customers are Always Right (So is Your Wife)

 

 

"Hello, what would you like to drink today?"

"I want a venti salted caramel mocha frappuccino with five pumps of frap roast, four pumps of caramel sauce, four pumps of caramel syrup, three pumps of mocha, three pumps of toffee nut syrup, double blended with extra whipped cream."

 

Kyuhyun tried his best to maintain a friendly smile as he punched the order into the cash register. As much as he would love to ask "are you picking a fight with me?", he shouldn't be disrespectful to the loyal customer of his small cafe. In this day and age where there were coffee shops everywhere and he barely made ends meet, he had to do everything in his power to keep this beautiful gentleman attached to his cafe.

 

"It'll be done in a sec. Please wait at a table in the meantime."

"Nope. I prefer standing!"

 

Whatever.

 

Kyuhyun turned around to make the complicated order. Although he had gotten used to making weird orders for this loyal customer (since he made one for him every day), the ever-changing orders still confused him and took him quite a while to make. When it was done, he turned around to see the esteemed customer grinning evilly at him.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, "I know it. You just want to tease me."

"If you already know then why play along? You could've turned down my order!"

"Well, they do say that customers are always right,"

 

Kyuhyun leaned in and kissed the luscious lips.

 

"...and so is your wife."

 

The black-haired customer beamed at him. A platinum ring on his left ring finger reflected the gentle orange light in the cafe.

 

**************************************

 

4. Of Cafe and Recommended Dating Spots

 

 

"Jongwoon, are you free this weekend?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I need your help regarding the next issue of the school magazine."

"What are you going to do this time?"

"Ranking cafes around our neighborhood and finding out the top five best cafes. I need your skill and knowledge."

"So… we visit various cafes together…? Just the two of us…?"

"Just the two of us."

"Oh, um, is this… a date…?"

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"Nothing! By the way, should I bring my camera?"

 

Jongwoon played it cool by changing a topic but deep down he was disappointed that it wasn't a date. He had a crush on Kyuhyun, the student council president, since they were in their first year in highschool. Both of them were in their last year now but neither had made a move. Yes, he said neither because he had a hunch that Kyuhyun also liked him. However, the president was very aloof and a man of few words, so he wasn't sure about it too…

 

Well, as long as they got to spend time together…

.

.

.

.

One week later…

 

"Jongwoon, congrats!"

"You did it man!"

"This day finally comes!"

"I know you two make a cute pair!"

 

Jongwoon frowned. For some reason, people had been congratulating him since the morning. He finally had had enough and decided to get to the bottom of this during the lunch break.

 

"Wookie, do you know what happened?"

Ryeowook smirked, "what? You haven't read the latest issue of our school magazine yet?"

 

Jongwoon took a magazine from his best friend and flipped through pages to the column written by Kyuhyun. Upon reading it, his whole face had turned completely red.

 

 

5 Recommended Dating Spots by the student council president Kyuhyun

 

 

5. Nana Cafe (7/10)

President's comment: Food and drinks are so-so but my boyfriend likes the cafe's aesthetic so it's a pass.

(picture: Jongwoon smiling at a coffee cup)

 

4. Sparkling Rainbow Cafe (7.5/10)

President's comment: The rainbow color scheme hurts my eyes but my boyfriend looks so cute among the decorations, so it's a pass.

(picture: Jongwoon making two V signs at the camera)

 

3. Mama Bears Cafe (8.5/10)

President's comment: Drinks are a bit bland but pastries are tasty. Plus, my boyfriend hugging a bear plushie is the cutest thing.

(pictures: Jongwoon kissing a bear plushie)

 

2. Renaissance Cafe (9/10)

President's comment: The theme and decorations are top-notch. Bonus point because my boyfriend said that I'll look cool dressed in Renaissance-style outfit.

(picture: Jongwoon sitting on an elegant chair giving off regal aura)

 

1. Penguin & Turtle Cafe (10/10)

President's comment: Pastries and drinks are amazing. Not to say that the theme is really cute too. Did I say that the pastries are tasty? My boyfriend even ate two strawberry shortcakes. So cute~ <3

(picture: Jongwoon with puffed cheeks eating strawberry shortcake)

 

 

"Who'd have thought that the icy president is actually a whipped boyfriend~"

 

Ryeowook happily teased his best friend while smirking at Jongwoon who, despite hiding his burning face in his palm, his reddened ears could still be seen.

 

*********************************

 

5. What Type of Coffee Do You Want Tonight?

 

 

Kyuhyun: "Hyung, how do you want your coffee tonight?"

Yesung: "I want it black with a strong taste."

Kyuhyun: "Gotcha!"

Hyukjae: "Pfft, look at this whipped maknae. Making a cup of coffee for his boyfriend?"

Donghae: "Aww, Kyuhyun is really sweet!"

 

The next day, Hyukjae saw Yesung hyung walking with a slight limp.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun: "Hyung, we're both free tonight after this schedule. Let's stay at our house."

Yesung: "Okay! Kkru, will you make a coffee for me tonight?"

Kyuhyun: "Of course. What do you want?"

Yesung: "I want something sweet and addictive tonight!"

Kyuhyun: "Anything for you, my beloved Ye."

Yesung: "Kkru!"

Kyuhyun: "Ye!"

Shindong: "Gosh! Someone go get me an insect repellent! There is love bug infestation here!"

Hyukjae: "Utterly shameless."

 

The next day, Hyukjae saw Yesung hyung grinning stupidly all day. His hyung also kept touching his lips suspiciously.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun: "Hyung… we didn't spend time together much during the House Party promotion…"

Yesung: "It can't be helped. Your popularity is rising, Kkru."

Kyuhyun: "But I miss you so much… I miss having you in my arms…"

Kyuhyun: "Tonight, I might come home a bit late after my last schedule but I'm free tomorrow. Do you want to stay with me?"

Yesung: "Of course! You have worked hard so you deserve a proper rest. We can just snuggle and skip coffee for—"

Kyuhyun: "NO!! I want to make a coffee for you!!!"

Yesung: "Are you sure? I don't mind skipping it—"

Kyuhyun: "But I do mind it! Hyung, I want to, no, I NEED to make coffee for you!"

Yesung: "Alright, if you say so."

Yesung: "Hmm… how about something sweet and spicy for tonight's coffee? Latte with cinnamon spice?"

Kyuhyun: "Yesung hyung… I love you!"

Leeteuk: "Yesung-ah, you shouldn't drink coffee before going to bed. It's bad for your health!"

Kyuhyun: "Don't worry, hyung. My coffee actually helps Yesung hyung sleep better~"

Hyukjae: (What kind of coffee is that?)

 

The next day, Hyukjae dropped by their dorm to look for his necklace. He ran into Kyuhyun who grinned like an idiot while occasionally rubbing his nose as if to stop a nosebleed. No sign of Yesung hyung, probably still in the maknae's room. He went to the bathroom AND HE SAW THE MOST DEPLORABLE OBJECTS IN A SINK THAT MADE HIM WANT TO GOUGE HIS EYES OUT.

 

Hyukjae ran out of the dorm without looking back. He finally understood what kind of "coffee" the KyuSung couple had been drinking…

 

 

And he wished to unlearn it!

.

.

.

*Extra*

 

Hyukjae: "So, Kyuhyun wants me to help him promote his Season project's spring song? Where is my payment?"

Staff: "He said he'll treat you to a cup of drink."

Hyukjae: "Jeez, this stinky maknae! I wonder who he takes after… Sigh, alright, what do I have to do?"

Staff: "Easy! Listen to his song and tell us your first impression on it! So, the song is named Coffee—"

Hyukjae: " THIS NO MORE COFFEE LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

 

**************************

 

6. Coffee or Tea

 

 

Kyuhyun: "..."

Jongwoon: "..."

Jongwoon: "Well, this is awkward…"

Kyuhyun: "Yes, it is, captain obvious."

Kyuhyun: "Aren't you more talkative, I mean, chatative? Why are you so quiet now?"

Jongwoon: "What do you expect two strangers to talk about?"

Kyuhyun: "Even though we've been chatting for four months and currently on our first date?"

Jongwoon: "Even though we've been chatting for four months and currently on our first date."

Kyuhyun: "..."

Jongwoon: "..."

Jongwoon: "Do you know why coffee shops or cafes are the most popular meeting place for a first date?"

Kyuhyun: "You ask that all of a sudden?"

Jongwoon: "Because it gives people millions excuses to talk about rather than talking about each other."

Kyuhyun: "What's the point of the date then?"

Jongwoon: "Anyway, coffee or tea?"

Kyuhyun: "What kind of a first date is this? Neither."

Jongwoon: "That's not in the choice. Oh, I choose coffee."

Kyuhyun: "My life, my choice, and I don't like both."

Jongwoon: "Tsk, cake or bread then? I like both."

Kyuhyun: "I like Tteokbokki."

Jongwoon: "Are you picking a fight with me?"

Kyuhyun: "You're the one who asks me. Chocolate or strawberry?"

Kyuhyun: "Chocolate."

Jongwoon: "Strawberry."

Kyuhyun: "..."

Jongwoon: "..."

Jongwoon: "...Why don't we order something first?"

Kyuhyun: "Right, that waiter starts to curse us through his gaze now."

Kyuhyun: "I want to eat a cherry pie but I don't like cherries. I only like cherry sauce."

Jongwoon: "It's fine. I love cherries."

Jongwoon: "I want to try this choco brownie lava cake but it has wine in it. I have a low alcohol tolerance."

Kyuhyun: "I like wine. I can eat what is left from you."

Kyuhyun: "..."

Jongwoon: "..."

Both: "Marry me!!!"

Kyuhyun: "..."

Jongwoon: "..."

Kyuhyun: "My room."

Jongwoon: "Your room."

 

Nodding at each other, Kyuhyun and Jongwoon left the cafe.

 

Waiter: "Don't come in and sit for hours without ordering anything!!!"