Chapter 3

Unshed astrifer

Chapter 3: Skyglow and the twinkling-star Orion belt

 

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun."

- Winnie the Pooh

 

Yet, again and again, this wasn't a joke totally after I pinch harder my right arm to knocked my senses out in my delusion. May I rewind why I let myself enrolled to that university because of Karina. I lost my patience during that meet up of Karina and plus one. My wishful thinking turned down as I saw a notification made a mess from my secret account instagram the one I followed from the start.

 

Was it too extreme to get this far? 

 

I left them but the music from her voice linger to pump my veins in adrenaline rush. Sadly this time I needed to delete those memories and option to be on a star. My Stella the stuffed toy that I can only access the affection.

 

The promise to look it in everything as much as I can.

 

The focus on the more reality for me to her, me and Karina can't be, always just an imagination from the back of my mind. It needs not to reappear again. Her word from me on that day is her to be Rose from the Titanic movie. Have a Jack that will be there as a hopeless romantic for her. That was the time it confirmed that this kind of beating in my heart is abnormal for her only I can get. So much warmer that I shouldn't take it because I am not the one she wished for. My willingnes on that day was when I'm not looking forward again to celebrate my own day. Because it came to the point I could not, try not, to burst out my secret as an admirer.

 

Winter resolve her feelings to the extent hiding and distance herself. Without knowing she would do anything just to see her with Jack and that was her main goal.

 

Half an hour after, I saw my friend on the ice cream parlor with her another day to consume different ice cream flavor. Sana the one everyone could be with but can't be for someone else she love. A epitome of strong and sappiest woman. The one that makes you giddy. Because she can enjoy mint chocolate from your suggestion and any adventure you wanted.

 

Winter hand out her phone in jean's pocket, before it ring twice there she is, Sana speaking first to her call. "You're so cheap. I didn't know that you weren't there on your meet and greet from her. Keep it up like that. Who knows what is he up today to your star?" Sana doesn't hide the scowl like typical of her who isn't fun to disturb her food sanctuary. "Are you gonna be there and be emo? I need to discuss something to you. I have to hang up because of this." She saw Sana acrobatic side.

 

Sana lifting the book along with her food also in both of her hands that she compromise the phone in her shoulder to stay it.

 

Winter sigh audible to her and went behind, "What are you waiting for?" It hit to Sana what was that for. "Don't you know you will be fat. I'm already behind you. Don't forget your in a public place Sana." But before she can retaliate to her friend the call was dropped instantly that she forgot it's not Winter without her sarcasm.

 

Winter skip to say good morning to her and sit comfortably to the leather chair. She didn't waste any more time, "What is these for?" and pointed out the food that was on the table. She open the tupperware in disgust. "I thought you know I don't eat heavy meals in lunch." She gave a famous weapon to diverge her attention to something else. "I don't want it." said Winter to Sana in childish. But what she received from her friend is a funny face from her.

 

Sana was there trying not to sway in Winter's cute antic's like Mina that even the notorious cousin crumble to that. "Why you're not too flatter and fluster? Is something wrong with my face? Why you're not like Minjoo?" Her friend on the other hand doesn't fall to her charm. She knew beforehand thanks to Wendy who gave her heads up.

 

Winter feel like to do something to her dignity that her friend had preceded her to speak again. She lost her chance when Sana is much more of a talent in communication skills than her.

 

She is currently listening to her, "Wendy gave me a few things to remember and reminder about you. You know that 'No Sana, No Life' is my motto but for your sister is 'No Winter, No Life'." Winter make a skeptical face to her because she knows what will Sana going to say. "Which I am not right to judge your sister being siscon when she present your health condition." She see Winter groaning in her seat.

 

She doesn't know that Sana having an older sister mode, "Stop that annoying face. It's not funny." But Sana crack during the adorable Winter that makes her jelly. Because Wendy doesn't say anything like this to her. It's a forgotten crucial criteria of Winter who look like baby to her. 

 

Sana smirk to Winter, "I'm not doing anything though. I'm just here only." Sana replied in innocent to her.

 

Pouting Winter set the bar on higher in the field of being cute that the number one contender Irene who has unbelievable pointed lips defeat in anonymous decision. It decided by no other than the roommate squad themselves who voted a Winter candid photo.

 

That person, Winter, who lay her chin in her hands with closed eyes that supports by her elbows before that she capture a photo of adorable face of the new member. Sana got a photo of absentminded Winter. She send it to group chat called roommate squad consist of her, Irene, Jihyo, and Yeri.

 

Sana-shibu-inu 🐶

Isn't she the cutest teddy bear than Irene bunny?!

Is she the cutest new member of roommate squad? 👋😉

 

Bunny 🐰 Irene and others reacted a ❤️ to your message

 

🐢 Squirtle Turtle Yeri

Seen

 

Sana

@Irene @Jihyo 😘 

@Yerimint why you're always like this 👀

 

Bunny 🐰 Irene

😄 @Sana-berry you will cook dinner today. Yeri sleepover to Chuu's dorm this week.

 

Jihyo🐨

I'm swapping my room to Yeri because your my new child. I'm done of Sana's clingy. @Irene please, can I? @Yerimint I will cook your favorite food for a week. Is it okay to you, @Yerimint

 

🐢 Squirtle Turtle Yeri

It's up to Winter. I'm okay with one person bedroom or with anyone. Love you @Jihyo

 

Sana-shibu-inu 🐶 

No! Winter dibs the one bedroom and @Jihyo you can't have the key of the house.

 

Bunny 🐰 Irene like  🐢 Squirtle Turtle Yeri message

 

Jihyo 🐨

Sorry not sorry, they replied to me it's fine and Winter from my dm too. @Sana-berry I have duplicate key from @Yerimint 

 

 

Sana-shibu-inu 🐶 added Winter Teddy 🐻 in Roommate squad-🐰🐶🐨🐢

 

Jihyo 🐨

Hi @WinterBear you're my new younger sister. 

 

🐢 Squirtle Turtle Yeri​​​

Welcome @WinterBear to our Roommate squad gc.

 

Sana-shibu-inu 🐶 edit the name of Roommate squad-🐰🐶🐨🐢 to Roommate 🐰🐶🐨🐢🐻 squad

 

Winter Teddy 🐻

Thanks everyone!

 

Sana-shibu-inu 🐶 removed Jihyo 🐨to the chat room

 

Bunny 🐰 Irene

Can someone here add Jihyo? She is calling me in the middle of my pilates workout. 

 

🐢 Squirtle Turtle Yeri

@Irene okay.

 

Sana-shibu-inu 🐶

@Irene I thought you're there for Seulgi. The ace varsity player aka Bear Seulgi.

I see that interaction from the other day.

Break a leg to that!

 

🐢 Squirtle Turtle Yeri

👁️👄👁️

Nice @Sana-berry

 

Bunny 🐰 Irene

​​​​​​Mind your own business @Sana-berry @Yerimint

 

🐢 Squirtle Turtle Yeri added Jihyo to the chat room

Jihyo edit her username to Jihyo 🦉 Genius

 

Jihyo 🦉 Genius

🤷 @Sana-berry

So childish. 

 

Winter Teddy 🐻

This is my personal account that Wendy knows. All of you here, Mina, and Wendy knew this account. Kindly remember it.

 

The oldest on the roommate squad who behave like a child when things go wrong that Jihyo disgusted to witness it. She did find Winter is superior in the category which likely the others agreed it.

 

Sana tap her shoulder but Winter speak, "I'm listening here. Please speak like not your Wendy." She was not happy to this kind of conversation again like Winter too.

 

"You knew why Winter. Anyway, first is that you have to eat breakfast so that I cannot get you the kind of food you don't want. Vegetables for a day without a breakfast is my solution to that. Second is lights off after nine o'clock in the evening except weekends. Third is that you will spend time to talk to me at least for a half hour about what happened for your day. Such as highlighted ones I needed to know that you don't skip the meds and basic things. You can't afford to write it and call your sister. Because you don't like the idea that she babysit you. I never imagine you're more than a kid to me. Even Yeri weren't like that to neglect her health. And last but not the least from Wendy that gave me chill not to forget about it is we have to celebrate your birthday with her knowledge. That's the real deal before you can be a roommate to us. It's better that you can be with your bestfriend's house if you don't like the rules. Wendy quoted in the end the name of Karina's phone number to call her asap if you're turning down Wendy's setup. Just for her baby sister that I have to report her if you misbehave during your stay on our flat. I don't know you have a sister. She is scary than Irene and Jihyo for me." And that was the time Winter who wants to rewind herself that it's not Wendy. But Sana who is opposite to her that isn't bother in all.

 

Sana capture a photo to unsuspected Winter again. Of what she seems to reflect Winter is a baby than a kid during this time.

 

Winter search the utensil on the bag and surprise there is cheeseburger other than the veggies. "Can you spare the birthday thing for me, please?" Sana straight to shook her head and gave me a tight lip smile in returned of my behavior to her lecture.

 

At the cafe, everyone minded their own business except the person whose with Winter.

 

"Okay. You're happy with that." Winter said to her companion and no other than Sana who can passed as photographer. She couldn't do anything, but let it go, "Being a doctor than pursue what you love." Frustrated Winter is a sight to see for Sana as she feel accomplished. 

 

The best last photo shoot for this entire lunch. Her hair cascading to the shoulders, eyes bulge in a cartoon replica of jigglypuff, cheeks that Sana could just want to pinch for sure, but restrain when she was getting eminent danger.

 

"You're not gonna showcase your art at least once?" She is going nuts that Sana wasn't interested. Winter say "Sana" to her and clap to catch her attention. "Was it that person you lost halfway throughout chasing the star?" Again Winter see the frustration from Sana standing up from her seat. 

 

The cafe weren't quiet, the pop song play simultaneously to the fading beat whereas Sana is to Winter. 

 

Sana wasn't sure, "What?" said to Winter, if she heard it clearly that from her younger friend looks more a kid throwing a tantrum. She take down her phone away in her hands to arrange her posture and look again to Winter whose searching her an answer. "Uh huh?" She heard a disappointment come from her friend, "You agreed. We can go now and help you with your belongings." And saunters to the exit while waiting to her slow friend Winter.

 

Winter pace to the exit door as soon as possible, "What on earth they're here?" and whispered to herself. She couldn't stopped her as Sana was already putting away their belongings as well as her foods. She is not sure when and during Sana wasn't infront of her.

 

She receive a call on where she at, a dim vintage style cafe. Winter pick up the call from Sana, "Where are you? Sana your choppy." and ended in force. She heard that stay away on the exit door or SOS from Sana. She stop and stay in the middle of the cafe because of her fear when she heard a mellow voice.

 

While Sana is standing on the side like a detective to her target. Sana tried to fiddle her own voice to her phone call when she saw that person. The person make contact in her eyes that passed thru her heart as she was in the midst of chaos. It's surreal to her that the person she gazing at on her lockscreen is here waving a smile to her. Like everyone else she became a statue to that magnificent view she love to hold. It's not pleasant to be there with Winter but it's quite to know that she's not there. She can see her crush who get in first in impeccable timing. Sana make sure she is unnotice to that person.

 

Winter would've been there with Sana, if she wasn't lost on a daylight collecting her soul to calm because of her friend prank to her.

 

Jaebum greet Sana who was like hiding on the cardboard sign and the side of the cafe's entrance. "Hey!" She jolted from that shout but it continued again, "Sana, you can join us." Everyone thought that she'll accept the invitation like she is. Sana hushed 'no-thank-you' to him.

 

It was indeed Chenle, Jaebum, Mark, and Minkyu with Karina right now in her view. She thought it was only them but she forgot a person entered during her escapade plan. Because that's the reason why she can't get enough of her crush duality and exquisite personality.

 

"You're waiting someone here. If it's Winter you can be with us and see that she's there with Joy." Unavailable to reject, Sana nodded when her eyes met Winter on the other end. She doesn't want to be in a place with her crush and weighed the pros and cons of it that she agreed right away.

 

On the other hand, Joy was there questioning Winter if she was with a date and if she give up to her younger sister.

 

Winter keeps saying to Joy, "I don't care." She wanted to scream again because her friend is waiting to her outside. "Stop shaking my shoulder." she please to say that Joy ended it before that.

 

Because Sana is in her side that she can find that the people in here are Jaebum, Chenle, Karina with Minkyu. Yes it is that Winter drowning to sadness that Karina and Minkyu having a best life together. Joy and Sana saw that frown coming from her when it's faded and masked with a poker face.

 

Joy pointed her index finger on Winter in between of her lines, "Are you secretly having an affair?" Winter thought it would be nice that Sana wasn't daydreaming to Joy nd resolve this tangled mess.

 

A crowd of two snatch the attention of Joy, she is now looking forward to this event, "Winter can you tell me your new girl friend. Is it the one you're moving in?" An interesting to share with a number of friends that Joy likes to see what will be for her sister. Five seconds passed by but neither of them are successful to know she's kidding. "Lighten up baby sister." Joy curves a taunting smirk to Karina that Sana smuggle a photo of it in her phone. "Everyone here is so serious and dense that it was a joke." she send everyone else a little show and waved to Winter's friend. She knows that she taken a picture of her.

 

Even Jaebum, Chenle, Minkyu, and Joy was to astonished to get to see that Joy told them has a space in between of girl and friend. Everything was there in awkward silence not because of Joy laugh after that but to Karina's saying shut up to her older sister. And Winter who could only look to the floor while she grip in instinct. Likewise it's an intention to console the palpitations from this moment that Joy is having fun to her.

 

The statement from her older sister could be mean nothing to Karina. It's not when that word circulate to her nervous system and brings a dose of anger to it. She snapped her way out to that emotion when she accidentally burst out to her.

 

Joy dismiss the idea to younger sister. She looked at Winter in innocent and to Karina who gave her a dagger eyes. Anyone else felt the tension this time that the boys excuse themselves to take a seat and order their foods too.

 

She wink to Sana and speak to her younger sister, "If Winter has a deep relationship to her. I'm okay with that like Karina telling us to shut up. Is that right, Karina?" she was here to see the start if Karina can put herself a literal answer to defend it. She was devastated that's why she continue to get this straight, "I mean a way that Winter has a friend and it is a girl. Winter doesn't it correct now?" she replied to Karina and added a "But who knows what will be for the future. Winter and Sana is a friend only." her sentence became a question to Karina.

 

The things Joy did just besides interfere to her sister oblivious jealous nature that comes from a person name Winter.

 

Even the outsider Joy can distinguish the familiar things that coming off to Karina self defense mechanism. She can see the difference of this performance from Joy as an acting but to Karina is beyond what Winter describe to her. All of the things she explained to her about Karina being moody to her for a trivial things. Sana logical reasoning to think Winter misunderstood it for caring to her unnamed illness. The issue is Winter is too stubborn to compromise to that idea from Mina. Along the benefit of the doubt that Karina isn't dense but her cousin.

 

So Sana connected every dots that comes to Joy and Karina this afternoon. The menacing look given away that Karina is more than a childhood friend for Winter. It was too intense not to know her body language. 

 

The reason why Wendy last warning to her that she needs to be cautious about Karina's certain jealousy. She ommitted that to Winter for a case of NDA to know the truth of Winter's medicine she asked for answers. Sana did not expect that Winter and her is in the same situation for this matter.

 

Sana take a deeper look of Winter and take initiative to explain the whole existence of their friendship. 

 

But Winter grasp Sana wrist like a madman to go as far from them in a nick of time.

 

Winter run away from Karina for the first time.

---

 

I gave you the answer already. Idk when will update the real chapter. I have to post this one and will take down asap. I hope you'll be sleeping afterwards. This chapter is only the intro of it. My goal for this one is around 5-7k at all coz how the next chapter is. But I am trying to but I can't.

 

Also try my best to write the first longest chapter I'll write in my stories.

 

P.S. I got writer block!