Chapter 1

Unshed astrifer

Chapter 1: Raindrops falls into brim, whereas it cries for me.

 

Winter is a cold and mysterious person like Jennie whose Ningning's sister when Karina needs to explain who she is. There's no warm on her but a strong magnetic field lashes to anyone when they see her eyes. Karina put a blunt concept to her childhood friend because she was too immersed on herself and books. Surrounded by the fatal pages of the gazillion books she can't get why she read it with Wendy.

 

The person she wanted to be on Winter's life is to be another Wendy to Winter.

 

"Is it worth it?" Her cousin asked her, she place a can of cola to Winter and nudge the cold beverage, "The way you look at her given away that my theory why you'll be there is because of her. I know what does it mean for that look." Winter look away on the fireworks and glance on the side of the room where she can get to see her. "Splash of a confession from you will be a good idea to answer my question for you." She doesn't want to know Mina's q and a portion.

 

When she declare to find and keep Karina's jar of heart in stable condition of happiness.

 

Mina turned around as if she knew what was it, "What if you can be there with her? Talking and laughing at your goofiness and crazy antics that we know you have it too. You can be her best friend than acquaintance or more than. I've been trying to say that don't be like me who regret it." She was there telling to Winter to push her luck once again to the person she was staring during her pep talk to her. "I'm going back now. It's too late and the smoke from firecrackers is unpleasant." Mina push the paper bag to her cousin and wiggle her eyebrows too.

 

Winter widen her eyes when she feel something that is push to her, "This is my other gift for you this new year. I know it's not your style but I figured it out will help you for real. So wear those items not because I saw your tears. Call me anytime, Winter." She answered her a smile and nodded.

 

Whenever Karina turned her way to eyed Winter, wonder when will she receive that kind of freedom to speak to her, she wish that she would be with her all the time. The gaze goes to a confusion about what she was wearing in her face gave a nostalgia effect when they were young.

 

It's like a google that used for gaming and a baseball cap too. She excused to herself to her friends and walk to a person whose missing in action. But before she could continue to walk from Winter, a waving hand interrupted her, she detour her pace and walk to the person who calling for her attention. She wish it's Winter who shouted her name in the middle of the room.

 

On the other side of the room, Winter saw her phone vibrate, a ringtone that tells it's not a message. She answered right away when she saw the nickname, "Give me a teddy bear hug. I'm right here at the corner. Do you see her? I mean Mina." Winter knew why Wendy muttered those words incoherent to her.

 

Before she can say about it. She heard a melody began to the other line, "Going back to the corner where I first saw you." She bring herself to see the person who sang a song not to her. 

 

Karina could not know who Wendy talking to. 

 

Right it's not Winter. It couldn't be. She can't be and that gift isn't for Winter but to Ningning in a matter of fact.

 

Karina thought for a minute on why there's a familiar and yet strange laugh she heard going on. It's too unusual, the melody was far from her, the unknown person isn't Winter. "You're loser, Winter!" It's because that's Ningning giggling to the other line that Karina saw how she snatched the phone from Wendy.

 

Winter wants to look around steadily on Karina's back, she wanted to say her greetings too without looking like she was afraid to talk to her. "Are you not going to say anything for me? That I have a limited edition album signed by one and only her." She can't believe that it's real, the reflection of a square item that really belongs to her singer, "Ningning wanted it for sure. If you can't find me, I'll give it to her right now." That's the time Winter running to the place she longing for. Not because there's an album, but one of the reason is there a Karina she can give a discreet glance on her side.

 

Again for the second time, there's a laugh and it's clear that everyone notice it, that wasn't Ningning for sure. Right it's not Winter that Karina even wish to turned around and see it, if it's true or not. As if she is trying to know why Chenle gasp, Giselle looks like she doesn't believe what she seeing too, and her sister, Joy, that running to Wendy's side in full blast in mischief to tease the person too with Ningning.

 

Karina hope that Winter wasn't like that to them but to her only, "Hey! I'm sorry but not sorry." She heard Ningning shouted at the same time during her mischievous marathon to go for a gift that isn't for her. 

 

Winter running towards Ningning, but before that, she stop midway to greet her, "Happy New Year, Karina." She see a crease eyebrow from Karina, it was too endearing that approachable Karina can give you a stern look and intimidating. She can't afford to pay a stuttering mess to her. That's why she meet a two pairs of eyes looking forward to her too. "Wait...Happy New Year too, Giselle and Chenle. I'll send your gifts tomorrow." And next Winter did was to smiled for awhile like it's natural to do it for them.  

 

Karina saw how Winter was with them, a dork person that Joy headlock because of something, Ningning who currently smiling to bully Winter, and Wendy who told them that it's unnecessary because it's for Winter only.

 

So for that moment, Karina know that indeed Winter can look soft as snow when around to people she's comfortable to. She consider that maybe she can be one of them too like Ningning and Joy. It's more than okay if she can hear a giggle coming from her like Wendy did.

 

Someone elbow Karina, it egged her even more when the smirk face appear on her view. "Are you daydreaming too for Winter's smile?" She stumbled for a few seconds, and glare to the person who accused her, "What do you mean?" The tone she gave was too pleasurable that Chenle cowered and fear about his own life. "Can you repeat that, Chennie?" Karina knows how to trigger and push a button to her younger brother.

 

His smug face couldn't keep up to Karina demeanor face that brings tenfold of unwanted fear. Chenle can only imagine that he needs to say the least words, "Nope! I'm sorry." Chenle answered her immediately when he feel a threatening aura from her. Even now, that no one knows could see her face that Chenle wanted to make sure it's Karina, her sister who smiled sweetly on this party. "I'm not like that. I don't fantasize her at all on this moment. I mean...I am not sure why but I found myself to admire her only without you are pertaining too. I'm a good boy. Trust me because I'm your little brother." He sweetly smile to Karina and flee to go to another older sister he has.

 

Karina took her brother's hand. Before he can left his post and complained to Joy that she was too strict to discipline him. "You'll be here with me. I'll take a good look at you. So you don't do what you think for today. Especially to Winter who is agreeing on you. I know what you're up to, Chenle. That is not new to me. It's my childhood friend and bestfriend too. I know your plan for Winter so make sure and join me on that table." Karina walk with him in tow and goes to living room. "I'm warning you not to stay away from me." She told him in not so friendly, "I read you like an open book because true to it's word. I'm only your sister who can tame your personality. Also, don't pout for me. It's not working like that. I'm not Joy who cooed for your duck face." He scoff behind her and focused on playing on his phone this time for real. 

 

Just like that Chenle plan to prank Winter was bygone and vanished forever.

 

Joy let go Winter and hug a same persona like her from a form of Ningning, "Baby girl! You're really here!" She squeal like a fangirl during the time Ningning behave like a cute girl. "My goodness I can't understand why you're associated to a sister like Jennie. She is too opposite of you. It's like Winter was more of a sister to her than you." Ningning did was to embrace her another favorite person that was like an older sister too.

 

Winter see far from her side that Wendy was looking around like a goldfish, "She was here but then left as soon as she gave me this gift. She is fine and actually she gave me an encourage speech too." She pointed out her head gear to Wendy, "Don't worry too much for my cousin. I know she will come around to us. I told Jennie about it when she asked me last weekend where Mina was. But I wanted you to know that she will not hide like a hermit crab. You can somehow go with me tomorrow and see her. You can try to speak her too." She can't understand why there's two people whose too stubborn to dealt with their simple problem.

 

An awkward silence goes back again whenever it turns out the topic of it.

 

Wendy give a defeat smile to her, "I'm not sure if I can, Winter. I'll be heading back to a medical mission which I'm hoping I can see Susan on every place I'm going to. Maybe, when things are change. I'll take your chance and go for it." Wendy hold her wrist to know she's desperate this time why she can't bring herself to see Mina.

 

Winter can only tell her observation, "I don't want to be rude. But Jennie is still pursuing her even she was working her dreams too. I wanted you to take a risk like her. "She was there at the moment to spill why Mina was reluctant to speak for both of them.

 

"Before Mina can say a word to the both of you." She walk to Wendy closely, it reminds her how much she grew up to be with her, "What if this is the last time you can be with her?" Winter mumbled the cautious words directly to her. "I know I love Jennie and a fan of her at the same time. Nevertheless I am more favor to you. I am your side always." She tighten her embrace to her and reassure it's okay to breakdown her wall this time.

 

She understood what was being in the other end of the complicated emotions.

 

Joy and Ningning was there standing on the background, talking animatedly how much boring of this party is, and other stuffs that to the both of them could've ever discuss. They're too immersed on their own world that they weren't aware of heavy atmosphere going around infront of them.

 

"I'll update you about my sister." Wendy bring her hands to her back and buried herself to Winter's neck. "I love you, Winter." She can't believe that Winter listened to her subtle crying. "I'm sorry that I'm not you're Wendy who will be your side preaching about the motto I told you about. I am more of younger sister to you." She humored to her, Winter who confided a warmer embrace that she used to do it for her.

 

She brought her hand to pat the top of her head like Wendy use when she was broken. "You're my older sister I wish to be with her. It's not because your like a mother to me." She closed her eyes for this one and take a deeper breath to speak to her, "I'm grateful you're a human too. I thought of you for the first time was a robot that meant like to care about others. Like Bayman who work because that's the program. You know what, I wished once on a shooting star that you'll say that to me. About your motto of don't give up because I can do it. I..I love... lo-love.. you. I'm sorry about that. I will try it again." Winter hear her snicker when she stammered.

 

In that moment, Karina put down her brother to the chair. "Stay here. I'm going to look for my dslr camera that Joy borrow from me. I have my eyes around you even I am not here."  Chenle can only accept her fate to her sister threat. "You are not consuming that coke for the third time." Karina say a few words of his intakes of that drink.

 

"Mark can you give a spare time for my Chennie? I am trying to make him not to drink that coke. Thank you, Mark." Karina walk pass thru when see her older cousin gave a thumbs up to her.

 

Chenle wanted the ground swallow in his sit and buried six feet. He was too embarrassed to defend himself when he heard that pet name in not too sweet for him.

 

Karina were still there between the other people. Because she forgot her phone to be with her. The people on across from her is Bambam, Jackson, Yugyeom, and Mark who left the trio on the room for good. The trio that consists of Lucas, Jisung, and his younger brother that has a name of Mark but with Lee. He is too haggard and tired to deal a bunch of fellas like Bambam and Jackson. For Mark, Chenle is more docile than her brother.

 

Karina walk through the room of Joy, she told her that the camera was there to charge. Everything on that place wasn't a camera she saw but a charger and extension only. It's been and almost ten minutes that she is there strolling where was the camera she can't lose. 

 

Not now when she doesn't back-up the memory card. Karina isn't prepared it will delete permanent for the second time. Because of her older sister being clumsy not to know the buttons are for.

 

She doesn't want to call Joy, but it's time when there is nothing reply to her. It's ringing for a third time and goes back again to voicemail. Karina was frustrated during the inspection because how Ningning reply to her text. And the worst was Ningning texted her a message she was with Joy outside and playing Uno cards with her than tell where's the camera is.

 

So she left the room when she recognized the area that was had a great place. It is a Winter's favorite place in their house. Karina went to where they were supposed to be and wishing to her camera still loaded on the memory card with pictures she needed.

 

Karina put a halt on her feet and the body she can't feel right now is showing a posture that wasn't like her. 

 

They heard a camera shuttering and blinding light in their position, "I lo-love...you, Wendy." Winter enunciate this time that she doesn't know there's a person listened to her. They heard something but just ignored it when Winter told Wendy that it was just Joy's pet dog. It's truly are when the dogs barking. "I'm sorry, Wendy. I can't though." She slip her two hands to Wendy waist and lean to her shoulder too.

 

Wendy hum to her in soft words, the three words Winter can't speak fluently like the way she can. Instead this time she describe to her, "You did already. You gave me already in a way that I know what is it and written it's a love coming from you. Actions speak louder than words. Winter it's okay if you can't say it freely. That's what I did to her and somehow I hope she can see that." Wendy tickles Winter when she is patting her again this time in a mocking way. Results to lying on the floor because of what Wendy did to Winter. "You can try to the person you nickname her stuff toy that gave you. Isn't it a Stella? Am I wrong that it's not but Karina? Give me the answer or make you laugh that Karina will rescue you." Joy and Ningning didn't stop on their banter when the two of them saw the pair lying on the ground.

 

"Please stop, Wendy. Yes, you're right. Stop before I passed out." She opened her eyes this time to know why there was a male voice giggling at the two of them.

 

Wendy converse to her, "Don't worry about Johnny. I'll delete those photos that you aren't fond to have." There was hand in her waist embracing Winter, "I don't know why you're so tense and stiff." She goes on it and tickle Winter because she can. 

 

Winter wanted to believe if it is Karina that she see first tonight in this miserable state piled up beneath Wendy. Yes, and it's real that her tone quiver for a moment. "It's Karina, Wendy" Wendy get up in a matter of second before she can finish her name. "Come on. Please I need your hand to stand up too." She help Winter and shook the dirt on her head until no one could see that it was strewn on the floor.

 

"Karina is that your phone?" There's no such thing that Johnny heard a voice coming from her. "Won't you see if it's still possible. It's a pity if you don't want it because of minimal dent. I'll give it to you when it's fixed." Still there's no answer from him. "Oh! Sorry that I took your camera. I swear I only captured and clicked a handful photos for Winter smiling face. I hope you can gave me a copy too. If you don't deleted it. I'm really sorry." Johnny handed over the camera as soon as he saw Wendy had warned him to leave.

 

Karina standing opposite near her in unreadable face. Included of broken glass of her phone on which Johnny nursing to find a way to even save the screen. It was like lying on the floor too. Because how he pick it up on the floor.

 

"What was that for?" Johnny copy her signal to him that in his neck. "Do you want this thing too? I saw it beside the camera." He snuggle to the scarf around her neck in affection.

 

Wendy mouth her, "Winter" to him and his face lit up because of it. "Why you used the scarf that wasn't meant for you?" He might be able to answer Wendy, if she give him a minute.

 

Winter standing right in between them looking for an answer.

 

Only to Wendy gave a hand signal again to the side of loud people and the other one to receive that scarf. They can see Joy and Ningning bickering until now who is the winner of their Uno game.

 

"Johnny stay away from that scarf. Because it's from Winter that gave her to Karina. I know your naive but not idiot. Get your mind off the gutter. It's not for you." She hissed on him and offer her hand to untangle the item from him.

 

Johnny stop and contemplate what will be the better bargaining skills to Winter, "This is my favorite color and the style too. I'll make sure to give you backstage pass for your Jennie, Winter. Please." He persuade why he love it. His right here begging for mercy to give it to him. "Can I keep it, Winter?" In the end Johnny gave it away and handed the blue scarf to Winter and bowed to her. After all he will give an apology to Karina too.

 

Unknown to them Karina left before Winter can say about the scarf. The explanation from Winter that Johnny wear it not because its for him. But because stolen and not the other way around that gave Winter a headache. 

 

She was too late to understand why her Stella gave her a face like it's not her own self, Karina, who often gave her a genuine smile.

---

 

Kindly give an upvote and comments too!

 

I am not sure but hopefully I'll not edit this again.