Prologue

Unshed astrifer

She held a gaze to Karina after counting one to ten which now embraced by a person she knew who is it for Karina's life.

 

Winter doesn't close her eyes this time when she can get away from that moment,  "What if soulmates aren't supposed to be the person we end up with?" She whispered to the skylight under a spot wherein they promised to be friends forever.

 

And then, she counted until it's over a minute, Winter accepted Karina belongs to another person. She re-read those messages and missing calls from her childhood friend. Few reminders from her cousin, a congratulations from her classmate, and some photos that they edited for her birthday, which it's shared on a group chat that she doesn't read for a reason.

 

It's the start of something Karina did between them.

 

Winter run against the pavement of pedestrian, she run the whole time to her house, a house that became home, until she forget it's not raining why her hand got drizzle. 

 

A person she is today for Karina will be another stepping stone that she can be there without the idea from Mina. The first time she interact to Karina was like this. First step to her left foot, a nervous body underneath of her favorite pajama, her second step comes to a drag in her hand, and felt a deja vu. It was like a cute thing that Karina has it for Winter who gained a burden in her heart. She was there comforting herself to be here on a same moment she realized what was the meaning of it. And if she can rewind everything, she doesn't want to be here again, with Karina who looks enchanted in her bedroom alone in a warm summer. Karina who seated in a couch and smiling to her in much more joy that flip her stomach in somersault. Because for her she felt the meaning of her name she have. 

 

Karina can point the difference of Winter before and now that she saw on this moment. 

 

"Every day, month, year, it's just the same for the others who felt it. Some persons may know why every season isn't the same before." Karina confessed to Winter on what she struggling with. It's a vague and blurry but Winter knew it even from the start.

 

Winter closed the gap on their place, her body moved for a few inches to her, the closeness is more evident. Her face isn't too close to begin but she wanted to. She stop herself before she can do it. It's not possible for her to do it. She can't bring herself to take advantage the vulnerable of her friend.

 

Everyone can tell, if ever there is, Karina's rattled to the noise brings from the bench they shared. Karina thought for a second if it's because of the room temperature or the skinship that initiates from her best friend.

 

Maybe not because of it. She is worried if ever that maybe it's her too.

 

So this time, Karina put her head down to her shoulder, a whip of citrus fruit what she smelled from her friend that was focused her all attention on the sky. She closed her eyes and savor the hug she gave for Winter. "You're not going anywhere else, right? Winter?" Karina hope that she will answer her question without dodging like it's not serious and a joke.

 

Winter wants to hold her body in right amount of strength. She can find herself wanting to reciprocate it. But she stop her idiot self before it happened. 

 

Winter knows that's not Karina's heartbeat but her, "I have to remind you'll be a hope who wants to be with..." She paused and look straight to the eyes that she long to held just for a minute without breaking the stare, or the things, she can't somehow grasped not to blink for a second during this moment. "Somehow you already knew how to support, and become a solace of that person, whose life wanted to give up with an intention to end badly." She didn't breakdown easily to the facade aura she created to herself from her. 

 

It's an achievement for her even it's a temporary.

 

For her it's a start, she can see the stars without any thoughts of a person she gave a nickname on it.


 

---

This one was a story but idk when will be posting the chapter 1.