Treat You Right

Treat You Right

"I know you've just broken up with Kyuhyun but I was wondering if you'd consider going into a relationship with me?"
 

"Okay."
 

That's how Sungmin easily agreed to be in a relationhip with Kangin.  Maybe Kangin could help him get over his ex-boyfriend.  Besides, Kangin knew that Sungmin wasn't in love with him and didn't have any feelings for him at all but still asked to be in a relationship with him so Sungmin decided to give it a try.
 

On the first day of their relationship, Sungmin woke up with a "good morning" text message from Kangin.  The message also contained an encouraging quote that would help you face the day.  As Sungmin waited for the bus at his usual bus stop, he could see Kangin running towards him.
 

"Great! The bus hasn't arrived yet."  Kangin said between taking fast deep breaths.
 

Sungmin could clearly see that Kangin was in a hurry with the sweat on his forehead and slight amount of toothpaste beside his lips.  Sungmin reached out to wipe the toothpaste off.
 

After realizing what Sungmin just did, Kangin blushed in embarassment.  "Thanks."
 

"Do you actually wait at this bus stop?"  Sungmin asked.  " We've never really been in the same bus before."
 

"That's because I'm a latecomer.  I usually take the next or next next bus."  Kangin's cheeks were turning into a lovely shade of pink again.  
 

"But you're early today..."  Sungmin pointed out the obvious but his tone actually implied it as a question.
 

"Because I want to go to school with my boyfriend."  Kangin gave out a manly smirk and wrapped an arm around Sungmin's shoulders.  "Not just today but every morning so I'm going to try hard not to be late."
 

Kangin's words and action gave Sungmin a fluttery feeling inside.  "Well, if you're late, I could sit in your class during the roll call and imitate your voice."
 

Kangin was shock to hear Sungmin's suggestion.  "But if you do that, you're going to be late in your own class and you might even get in trouble if the teacher finds out."
 

"I actually got pretty good with imitating Kyuhyun's voice..." Sungmin's voice faded out as he realized he just mentioned the name of his ex-boyfriend.  You're not supposed to do that with your current boyfriend, right?
 

Kangin had a dark look in his face but despite that, he used a caring tone of voice.  "I know you only have good intentions Sungmin but I don't want you to be late so that you could be in my class and imitate my voice during the roll call.  I don't want you to get trouble because of that.  If I'm late, then let it be."
 

"Oh... okay..."  The fluttery feeling inside Sungmin increased.  He could hear Kangin grumbling about Kyuhyun being a jerk.  A small part of Sungmin wanted to defend Kyuhyun but he also knew it himself that Kyuhyun was a jerk.  He was starting to see things clearly now that he's no longer in a relationship with Kyuhyun.  He was very much blinded with lover back then.
 

The bus arrived.  Sungmin took a seat since Kangin opted to stand.  After a while, an old woman got in the bus so Sungmin offered his seat to the elderly and opted to stand right next to Kangin.  He could see Kangin smiling sweetly at him.  "You just gave me another reason to like you."  Kangin whispered to Sungmin's ear.
 

During class, Sungmin's mind was busy thinking about Kyuhyun and Kangin.  It was just the first day or more specifically the first morning of his and Kangin's relationship and yet, he could already point out a lot of differences between Kangin and Kyuhyun.  
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

"He seems like a perfect boyfriend."  Sungmin talked to his bestfriend, Ryeowook, on the phone when he got home from school.  Not to mention that Kangin walked him home as well.
 

"Sounds like it."  Ryeowook agreed.  "But nobody is perfect, Sungmin.  He used to be a bully and a playboy though he had changed for quite sometime now but there are recent  rumors that he's involved in a gang."
 

"I'll ask him about those things tomorrow."  Sungmin was glad that his bestfriend was very informative both in academics and gossips.  "But in case that's true, dating a gang member can't be that bad right?"
 

"Personality wise, he's sounds way better than Kyuhyun.  On the other hand, he could be way more dangerous than dating Kyuhyun.  Some gangs are involved with drugs and guns, you know?"  Ryeowook had a worried tone.  "Just be careful with Kangin.  He may seem like a nice person now but we don't really know him very well."
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

It took a week for Sungmin to ask if Kangin was involved in a gang.  It was hard on Sungmin's part because Kangin had been nothing but nice to him.  Every time Kangin gave him a fluttery feeling, Sungmin would forget about asking if the rumor was true.
 

Today, Ryeowook sent him a text message reminding him to ask Kangin if it was true.  Sungmin sighed because he doesn't want to ruin his date with Kangin.
 

"Is something bothering you?"  Kangin asked when he heard Sungmin's sigh.
 

Sungmin noted how Kangin was really an attentive boyfriend.  "It's just been bothering me about the rumor of you being in a gang."


"The moment I stopped being a bully and a playboy, I also stopped being a gang member.  I was surprised that the rumor of me being in a gang started after I quit it."  Kangin chuckled.
 

"Did you really quit it?"  Sungmin asked.  He was still quite suspicious.
 

"Yeah.  Do you want to know the reason why I quit?"
 

Sungmin nodded.  It only took half an hour for him and Kangin to be in a hospital room.
 

The patient lying on the hospital bed smiled brightly with his gums showing off the moment they stepped into the room.   "Kangin, you're here! Who's your friend?"  Sungmin wondered how the patient could look so happy despite his two legs are in a cast and had bandanges on his upper body.
 

"He''s my boyfriend, Sungmin."  Kangin introduced him.  "Sungmin, this is Eunhyuk."  Sungmin wondered who exactly Eunhyuk is because Kangin didn't tell him anything else other than his name.   Kangin and Eunhyuk proceeded to talk about sports and some TV shows.  Sungmin could only relate a bit so he didn't talk much.
 

"You guys should come over again.  Especially you, Sungmin.  It would be great to have a new friend visiting me in this place."  Eunhyuk waved a friendly goodbye to Kangin and Sungmin.
 

The moment the door of the hospital bedroom closed, Kangin proceeded to explain to Sungmin.  "Eunhyuk was an innocent bystander who got involved in the gang fight.  There were other people involved too but not as bad as Eunhyuk.  A lot of us new gang members quit the gang.  Luckily, Eunhyuk's parents made a health insurance for him and they're a bunch of merciful people but I still feel guilty so I'm trying to make it up to him by being his friend."
 

Kangin was surprised when he suddenly felt Sungmin's soft lips on his cheek.  Never had they shared a kiss before.  Not even a kiss on a cheek.  "Kangin, I'm proud to have you as my boyfriend." It made Kangin very happy to hear those words from Sungmin.  It meant that Sungmin was really starting to accept him.
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

Kangin was worried when he saw Sungmin and Kyuhyun talking underneath the shade of the tree.  It didn't look romantic but it did look serious.  For some reason, Kangin had a feeling that Kyuhyun wanted to get back together with Sungmin.  He waited until Kyuhyun was gone before approaching Sungmin.
 

"May I know what you guys talked about?"  Kangin asked.  He wouldn't force it out if Sungmin didn't want to tell him.
 

"Kyuhyun wanted to get back together with me."  Sungmin replied honestly.
 

"Do you want to?"
 

"I'm not gonna lie.  I still do have feelings for him but he's a jerk.  I also do have feelings for you and you're not a jerk.  What do you think I told him?"  There was a smile on Sungmin's face that made Kangin feel that he was safe and loved.
 

"You told him that you'd rather be with me?"  Kangin asked.
 

"I told him that I'm very much in love and happy with my boyfriend now."  Sungmin wrapped his arms around Kangin's neck and initiated their first kiss.
 

THE END

 

A/N:  Dedicated to 19izzati who had been my loyal commenter since my earlier days in livejournal so technically, it had been years <3 I think she's my oldest commenter because I have no idea where the others went.  In fact, I haven't been getting much comments in livejournal (probably just 2 to 3 now)

 

Readers, don't be silent~! Make some noise and comment ^^ Love yA!