Part 9

Fanboy

Weeks later, and the daycare was structurally sound and ready for decorations. All of the labouring work like fixing the pipes and electricity were all secured, and mina could not wait to do the fun part of painting.

Tonight momo was taking her on their first date together after he got home from work. She had walked from home to the daycare to check on its progress, and was pleasantly surprised to see how great things looked.

She walked through the doors and looked around at the residue of the old carpet, and the new light fixtures. Everything seemed ready to go. She should be open by summer.

Her old phone buzzed in her pocket startling her. "Hey," She said with a smile when she saw the caller ID read "Fanboy".

"Hey baby, where are you?" his deep, soothing voice asked curiously.

"I walked to my daycare to check on the progress. I thought you didn't get off till five," she said softly, turning off the lights and locking the doors. 

"Mina, that's like seven miles from my house. Why didn't you tell me? I would have driven you there," he snapped gently, concerned for hersafety. "What time did you leave the house this morning?" 

"I left around eleven. I enjoyed the walk," she whispered, walking toward the busy city. 

He sighed, rubbing his face. "I'm sorry, I just worry about you. I took part of a day off for our date, but it's incredibly understandable that you wouldn't want to be cooped up in the house all day," he apologized sweetly. "Let me come get you. Meet me at the bookstore on Third Street?"

"Okay, see you in a few," she said guilty. If she had known he'd taken part of the day off, she wouldn't have left. She had gotten a part-time job at a local café, but she struggled with not being around kids. Even though she and momo were dating, she still tried to pull half of the monthly mortgage. 

The bookstore was buzzing with excitement do to the recent release of a very popular wizard book. 

She found herself wondering into the travel section as she waited for momo, running the tips of her fingers over the Roman Colloseum, and the Taj Mahal in India. It would be amazing to visit each one of those places.

Her family never got out much, they weren't very interested. They were too busy volunteering and helping others to notice their only child. Tris stayed in the shadows most of her life. Her playful personality hidden by her loneliness. She quietly sighed at her sad thoughts, jumping when she she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. 

"Are you okay?" Momo asked softly. He had beenwatching her for a few moments. He saw her longing and sadness, and his surprise date plans of dinner and a movie suddenly changed. 

"We need to go or we're going to be late, love," he gave her a sad smile when he saw how upset she was. He didn't like this, it hurt his heart, and he just wanted to tuck her away from the rest of the world. 

He ushered her into the car, speeding quickly to their home. "We are going away for awhile. Pack a week's worth of clothes."

"A week's worth? What the hell? I though you were just taking me on a normal person date," she yelled as she started stuffing clothing into a large suitcase momo pulled out for her. 

"It's a surprise, remember? You shouldn't have been expecting anything. I need to make a quick phone call, so give me a minute. We need to leave in a half an hour,"  he rushed, going to his office to book a quick flight. He was lucky that he was hirai momo.

The airline luckily had two seats available for a two-thousand dollar flight to Naples, a more expensive flight, but momo wasn't sweating it. 

It didn't leave for four hours, enough time to get down there and check in their luggage and whatever else. He just couldn't wait.