Part 6

Fanboy

Mina took her pen, in a deep breath. Her hand was inches above the line that asked for her signature, signing her daycare over to him, her roommate.

They were good friends now, and she knew him well enough she could trust him with her little place she owned.

"Mitan," He was prepared to encourage her with all of his being, he was prepared for tears and regret, but Tris smiled at him. She smiled, a smile that could only mean she was thankful he had taken this burden off of her small shoulders.

She didn't hesitate for too long, just enough for her thoughts to gather before she scattered the blue ink on the paper in a form that was only hers.

"Awesome!" he said, giving her a nice big smile. "Now that I own it, you tell me what you want to have done, paint colors, posters, the playground. You tell me and I'll get it done, and by the summer you'll be reopened." He loved the smile of joy that lit up her eyes, making her seem so much younger than she presented.

She jumped up and tackled him, much like she had the first day she met him. "You deserve unlimited thank yous," she whispered."How about a kiss instead?" he replied cheekily, just playing around. She shocked him, however, when she leans in and kisses his nose.

"Aww, you're so cute," he cooed, pinching her cheeks. She blushed, giving a quiet laugh. 

He helped them both up, sitting her on his desk while he turned to file the document she signed. 

"I want to help paint my daycare though. Okay?"

"Whatever you want, baby."

She sighed, sinking back into her chair, "What am I supposed to do while you work?"

He tossed her the keys to his car, "When was the last time you treated yourself to shopping?"

"I don-can't-" she stuttered, not wanting to tell him that she has no money.

He gave her a sweet smile, one that made her heart flutter in her chest. "Here, sweetheart, take my car and this and go out somewhere." He handed her a shiny gold card, hoping she'll take it.

"I can't take your credit card," she shook her head.

"You go shopping, buy some things, and in return, make me dinner tonight. I'll be home by seven," he told her, knowing she won't turn him down now.

She thinks a moment, before she nodded slowly, "Fine."