Part4

Fanboy

"Hi, come on in," mina greeted momo, motioning him inside the daycare. It wasn't small in any sense, seeing as it was the source of most of her debt. Of course daycare places shouldn't be too small, nor should they be too big. 

Four frowned as he took in the place. Yes it was cute, but something was off to him. Maybe mina had gotten there before him, but he had a suspicious feeling that she just so happened to lived where she worked. It wasn't his business, but he had taken a liking to the little female and he was concerned for her financial well being.

"That there is the kitchen. I fought tooth and nail for the right to cook the kids fresh food for lunch. They sit on the rug everyday as I do a step by step process on whatever I'm cooking. It can be challenging, especially when you have children with allergies, but the kids I watch don't have the support they need at home to know the things that every person should know," she told him softly, looking up at his towering form.

He beamed with pride down at her, listening to her talk with such confidence about the run down daycare. He wanted to give her more money, but he knew she wouldn't accept. No human wanted to become a charity case. 

She guided him into her tiny office filled withpiles of bills. They took a seat and momo decided to break the news. "Now, you don't know me or anything but I have an idea. This place needs work, and I know you wouldn't accept more money, that's just who you are. Let me buy the building, that way I own it and I can fix it up to your liking, and then you can pay me the rent. You won't have to deal with all the bills and the chaos, you can focus on reopening this place back up for the public," he told her as though she were a partner of sort. 

She shook her head at the y man in front of her, "You're doing this as a sick joke. What's in it for you?" She knew she shouldn't have let him come see the place. He was going to take back what he gave her in a flash and there was nothing she could do about it.

"I'm just being sincere, I promise," he said, offended. "I've only been kind to you."

"Too kind. People don't throw around their money like you do. What's in it for you?" she repeated.

"I need a roommate," he lied easily. 

"A roommate?" she scoffed, "more like mate," she said, but instantly regrets at his hurt, kicked puppy look. "Okay, fine, only because I'm low on money."

He grinned, "To make you more comfortable, let me take you out for some dinner, get to know each other a bit. I'll let you think on it tomorrow and Monday you can tell me if you've decided."

Mina was terrified, but her attraction to the man infront if her was so clear it was almost tangible. She hoped she hadn't made a mistake with accepting his offers. But, she knew she couldn't live in the daycare forever. Eventually inspections would have to be done and that would not be acceptable.

Momo stared at her torn features and sighed. He hadn't meant to put so much on her, it was a spur of the moment kind of decision. Call it five seconds of confidence if you will. It didn't matter, mina would be his to love and he could see a bright future with her. He never believed in love at first sight, but mina here was living proof.