Part2

Fanboy

Myoui mina sat behind the old, wooden desk that seemed to be sitting on three creaky legs instead of four. It was a thrift shop find, even still, it was something she could hardly afford. Her hands scrunched at her blonde locks as she yanked harshly, staring with watery eyes down at the bill that rested in front of her.

Water was an essential for everyday life. It was like gold to Daycare owners, seeing as kids like to poke and prod everything, without thought. And to run a Daycare you must have food, you can't have food without water and you can't feed kids food without cleaning their hands. Lord knows she didn't have the money to buy tons of wet wipes.

She was completely and utterly doomed. Her life's work to be swiped away just because of this slip of paper and the thousands of dollars she had borrowed from the bank. She knew running a business wasn't going to be easy, but she had hoped that the government would have been less harsh to her foreseeable selfless acts.

She had gone to college and spent every penny she earned, then made more pennies only to get a brilliant idea to do what she loved. If only she had listened to her parents and gotten a good job, become a doctor or an engineer. Jobs that she could make a living off of, not where she wasdrowning in debt.

With a sad, closing sigh, she decided to go another week and then say goodbye to her life. Maybe she had made some vivid impact on at least one kid. She pushed them to strive and be better people, even if they were just kids. The world makes you grow up fast, and that means maturity would have to keep up. The kids needed a parental figure in their poor lives.

~

As the week passed, her mood drifted down the drain. She was hoping for a miracle and miracles just didn't happen. Her hope had long been crushed.

As she picked up the last crumb with the broom, she decided with some bitterness to check the mail. She knew she'd only see more bills and more notices from the bank. She figured it would look better to throw them away then to fill the mailbox.

As she dropped the mail on her bed, she fell face first into the old quilt that belonged to her mom. It was so faded you couldn't see the stitched pattern, but that didn't matter to her. It was the only thing she had of her family and it meant the universe to her.

With false bravery, she decided to sift through her mail. She frowned as she sees an ever growing pile of notices and bills, but the final letter looked different.

Dear twice Daycare Services, it read.Out of the goodness of my heart, I decided to help those who needed, and although many seem to need said help, I feel you would be most sincere with my money, even if you do as you wish.

I'd hate to see something go where I know the owner has put their mind and soul into the place.

With no repayment in mind, I do wish you the best of luck with the million dollars.

Sincerely,

Mr. Hirai

Tears leaked from her eyes and her vision flickered from the letter to the check, back and forth, back and forth. This complete stranger just gave her what she would make in about six years in the blink of an eye. She imagined him just flicking his wrist.

She covered to contain the rare joy that builded inside her and consumed her raw. She decided she needed to thank this man. She would go to this address tomorrow and smother the man in kisses. 

Maybe things could look up.