Plan

Let Me In

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

“There’s danger,” said Jungsoo once he locked the door behind him, meeting the surprised gazes of Kyuhyun and Jongwoon.

“What is it now?” Kyuhyun said snarkily, crossing his arms in front of his chest. “Did that guy finally cave in and decide to tell everything to the police?”

Jungsoo narrowed his eyes. “Heechul is not like that. He swore that he won’t tell anyone about us.”

“So? You expect us to just take his word for it?” Kyuhyun snarled, apparently in a foul mood today. “He’s a human, Jungsoo-hyung. He’s not like us. He can easily choose to gain the protection of the government. Meanwhile, us? There’d be no chance for us.”

“I understand what you’re saying, Kyuhyun-ah,” Jungsoo said calmly, leveling his gaze with the youngest of their family. “Believe me, I do. But I trust Heechul. He will never do anything that can bring harm to us.”

Before Kyuhyun could give a nasty retort in response, Jongwoon interjected, “Then what is the danger you want us to know about?”

Jungsoo turned to him. “It’s not Heechul.”

“Then who?” Kyuhyun said with a scowl. “His best friend who also conveniently knows about us?”

Jungsoo shook his head. “It’s not Donghae, either.”

“Then who?” Kyuhyun demanded. “Did they tell another one?”

“It’s their other friend. Hyukjae.” Jungsoo took a deep breath. “Hyukjae told Heechul yesterday that he knows something about the shooting that took place that day. He said that he was going to tell that information to the police if Heechul and Donghae still won’t tell him the truth about what really happened.”

Great, just what we need! Another nosy human meddling into our affairs!” Kyuhyun growled.

“Maybe he’s just bluffing,” Jongwoon speculated. “Maybe he actually doesn’t know anything and is just hoping that Heechul and Donghae will take the bait.”

“I thought of that, too,” Jungsoo agreed. “But we can’t be sure of it yet… which is why I need your help, Jongwoon-ah.”

Jongwoon narrowed his eyes. “You want me… to use my powers?”

“Hey, that’s right!” Kyuhyun turned to him, clamping a firm hand on Jongwoon’s shoulder. “You can read minds and walk in dreams, right? You can easily find out what that Hyukjae is thinking.”

Jongwoon shook his head. “You know that I don’t like doing it, Kyuhyun-ah,” he said quietly. “I don’t like invading other people’s minds and breaching their privacy.”

Kyuhyun’s features hardened. “This isn’t a matter of trivial privacy anymore, hyung. This is a matter of life and death now. Our lives will be at stake if that nosy guy goes and tells what he knows to the police. Do you want us to be on the run forever? Is that what you want?”

“Kyuhyun, stop,” Jungsoo commanded. “Being emotional isn’t going to get us anywhere. Jongwoon-ah.” He turned to Jongwoon imploringly. “Please. We just need to know if Hyukjae does know anything about us.”

Jongwoon stared at Jungsoo, then at Kyuhyun, seemingly weighing the options in his mind. In the end, he let out a small sigh.

“All right… I’ll do it.”