Foreword

Let Me In

Context before reading the story:

This fic was inspired by Roswell (1999). In this story, Jungsoo, Jongwoon, and Kyuhyun are not from Earth. They’re supernatural beings from another planet — aliens in human form — and they’re searching for answers while living on Earth as normal humans. They were adopted by a kind couple who came across them in the streets as lost children.

Jungsoo fell in love with Heechul at first sight when they were kids. He harbored this crush for years — until one day when Heechul was suddenly shot in the stomach by a thief. The thief ran away, and by coincidence, Jungsoo and Kyuhyun were at the scene when it happened. Jungsoo rushed towards Heechul but was momentarily held back by Kyuhyun who told him not to do anything stupid.

But Heechul was on the ground, bleeding, obviously dying, so Jungsoo shoved Kyuhyun off and ran towards Heechul’s aid.

He knelt before Heechul and healed his wound. He then made the blood disappear and told Heechul that he was going to be all right, that the bullet did not hit him.

But the police got a hold of Heechul’s clothes afterwards and saw the gunshot hole in the material which was obviously caused by a bullet. Heechul confronted Jungsoo about that day, cornering him by threatening to tell the police what he knew. That he did not imagine the blood, and that he felt the bullet tear into his stomach. Jungsoo told him the truth then, and because Heechul was grateful towards Jungsoo for saving him – and also because he was secretly in love with him as well – he swore to keep the secret. But Donghae, his friend who found out about the bullet hole in the shirt, demanded answers, so Heechul had no choice but to tell him.

But just when things were getting better with keeping the secret, another person came into the equation — Heechul and Donghae’s other best friend named Hyukjae.