It all makes sense now

Mystery solved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I find that in some cases Ppl can flirt easily with ppl they aren’t really romantically interested in as it’s easier but when it comes to the person they really are into it’s not so easy which makes sense to me, it’s harder to express your feelings toward someone you do like. So I thought it would be interesting to do this for Syeonsha. Thank you 




 

Normally, being around her friends made Heo Yoorim happy. And she was happy to be around the people she cared about, having dinner, and catching up on what was going on with everyone since the last time they saw one another. She found herself amused by Serim telling a funny story while Eunji was staring in fascination of Jiwon who was also looking back at her. And Yiren was being her random self and trying to do tricks with the chopsticks on the table. 

 

“Can’t bring those two lovebirds anywhere.” She thinks about Eunji and Jiwon in particular.

 

As much as Yoorim does enjoy spending time with all her friends, it would be a lie if Yoorim said she wasn’t most happy about seeing someone in particular. On more than one occasion Yoorim found herself looking over at Sihyeon. Kim Sihyeon, the slightly older woman who has caught her attention and hasn’t given it back yet. Sihyeon is simply just so effortlessly pretty with her classic actress features. Sihyeon who is funny and kind. Sihyeon who is currently the object of her affections.

 

It’s not even a secret or anything either. Their entire friend group knows about her feelings for Sihyeon. Yoorim was only very obvious after all. Whether it was the way she looked at Sihyeon, the soft way she spoke to her or the way she took care of the slightly older woman. Yoorim was more than obvious. She just wonders if it’s obvious to everyone here but Sihyeon herself.

 

Yoorim was about to say something. Only that she loses her entire train of thought when she notices Sihyeon saying something to Yiren and looking rather flirty. It’s nothing much Yoorim is sure. For a while now, Yoorim has noticed that whenever they’re all together, Sihyeon flirts easily with everyone at this table. Everyone except for her that is.

 

Yoorim isn’t particularly upset by seeing how Sihyeon can flirt so easily with the rest of their friends. She knows it’s pretty much harmless and nothing is going to come from it. She just doesn’t understand why Sihyeon can do so with all their friends. Except for her.

 

Feeling discouraged for the moment and not sure what to say, Yoorim chooses to simply focus on what everyone else is saying around her. She goes silent for the rest of the dinner and it doesn’t go unnoticed. Especially not by Jiwon as the older woman pulls her aside the first chance she gets.

 

“What’s wrong, Yoorim?” The shorter woman asks with a concerned expression. 

 

“Nothing, the waiter didn’t bring my lemon water and you know how I feel about lemon slices in my water.”

 

The two of them can barely keep straight faces since it’s clear Yoorim is joking. Either way Jiwon bows slightly.

 

“Yes, ma’am, Ms. Heo.” She teases back. “We’ll make sure the next time the waiter brings you fresh lemon slices. Seriously, what’s wrong?”

 

Jiwon looks concerned. Yoorim honestly doesn’t think this is the right place to talk about what’s troubling her. Not with everyone still at the dinner table and waiting for them to return.

 

“How long do you think they’re going to believe we went to order dessert?” Yoorim asks instead. Jiwon shrugs and takes a look at the table where everyone is thoroughly entertained by a story Sihyeon is telling. The older of the two thinks they are safe for the moment. 

 

“I think we’re safe for the moment. What’s wrong, Yoorim? It wouldn’t happen to be anything to do with our very own sunshine Kim Sihyeon, would it?” Jiwon asks knowingly. She knows how much Yoorim likes Sihyeon. And she knows it can’t be all that easy for Yoorim to watch as the other woman flirts so easily with their friends. They all know Sihyeon isn’t being serious, so no one takes her seriously in return. But still, Jiwon knows this can’t be easy for Yoorim who is in fact very serious about Sihyeon. Yoorim sighs and turns around. 

 

“I know she doesn’t mean anything when she flirts with everyone.”

 

“She doesn’t.” Jiwon agrees. Since there are times Sihyeon has playfully flirted with her. Knowing full well Jiwon likes Eunji. Jiwon isn’t bothered though since she has a pretty good feeling on why Sihyeon does this. 

 

“I guess, I just wish she could look at me the same way I look at her.”

 

Yoorim just looked so down. The shorter woman wraps her arms around her for a hug. She tries to offer Yoorim some encouraging words. Anything to help her friend feel better. Neither woman noticed the worried gaze of someone else. Sihyeon could see them from where she sat. She could see Jiwon saying something to Yoorim who looked so down. Sihyeon felt so bad at that moment as she knew this was her fault, or at least most of this current situation was her fault.

 

“Yoorim…” Sihyeon thinks sadly. She has to talk to her soon. Maybe if she just explains herself. Yoorim will understand. She doesn’t get the chance to pull Yoorim to the side next though as it is only Jiwon who comes back with a whole chocolate cake for everyone to share. 

 

“Hey where’s Yoorim?” Eunji is the first to ask. Jiwon smiles as normally as she can.  She had tried to convince Yoorim that she didn’t have to leave. But it was clear that Yoorim was no longer in the mood and had other thoughts on her mind. The only thing Jiwon could hope for at this point was for both Yoorim and Sihyeon to get it together. 

 

“Yoorim said she wasn’t feeling well.”

 

While everyone looks sympathetic and worried, Sihyeon feels even more badly since she knows that most likely was some sort of excuse Yoorim made up. 

 

“She said we should enjoy this cake on her. So let’s not disappoint Yoorim and eat well, okay?”

 

“I’m going to call Yoorim and see if she needs anything.” Serim is the first to say. 

 

“She didn’t look sick.” Yiren looks worried now. “Did we miss something?”

 

“Don’t worry, Yiren.” Jiwon speaks in a comforting tone of voice before starting to slice the chocolate cake for everyone. “I think Yoorim just needed to get some rest.” 

 

Sihyeon didn’t much feel like eating cake after that. Not if Yoorim wouldn’t be here to enjoy the cake with them. She had to talk to her and soon. This whole thing was just one entire misunderstanding. The dinner ends soon enough, and no one felt much like staying anyway since they were missing one of their own.

 

The first thought on Sihyeon’s mind was that she had to call Yoorim. She knew for a fact that the other woman wasn’t actually sick, so she needed to try calling her. The phone just rang without any answer. Sihyeon didn’t let that discourage her. She knew where Yoorim lived, and it might be a risky move. She decided she had to go over there in person. What else could she do?

 

Yoorim was hurt because of her, and Sihyeon had to make it right. The last thing she does is send a text at least. 

 

“Yoorimie, I hope you’re not too upset. Can I come by to see you? I have to talk to you.” Sihyeon sends the text. It’ll take at least a half hour to get to Yoorim’s place. She only hoped Yoorim would want to see her.


 

The only thing Yoorim wanted to do was get into bed. Tonight was much harder than she thought it would be. She hadn’t meant to become so affected by the sight of Sihyeon flirting with Yiren today. It’s not like she hasn’t seen Sihyeon flirt with all of their friends on some level. It hadn’t bothered Yoorim in the past because she knew that Sihyeon never meant anything by it. Tonight was different though. Maybe it was because Yoorim wanted Sihyeon to be able to look at her the same way. Sometimes it was difficult for Sihyeon to even look at her. Let alone say something flirtatious.

 

“Okay, so today was a bad night.” Yoorim gives herself a bit of a pep talk as she looks in the mirror. “This doesn’t mean you give up on Syeon, not so easily.”

 

No she wouldn’t be giving up on Kim Sihyeon. Yoorim never gave up on anything in life. Quitting was simply not in Heo Yoorim’s dictionary. The only reason she would quit on Sihyeon is if the other woman specifically told her there was no chance. Yoorim just knew the way Sihyeon made her feel. Whether it was her warm and bright smile that always made Yoorim want to smile too or the way her heart would automatically start skipping beats if Sihyeon did look at her. No, Yoorim couldn’t give up on Sihyeon.

 

What was the saying? Dust yourself up and try again? Yoorim figured she was allowed to feel down for now, but come morning it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter