Kitchen Tour

AIX
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy hummed a happy tune as she made a perfect W again. It was a tricky letter to get right, so it was an especially satisfying achievement. And once she mastered all twenty-six letters of the alphabet, she would be able to do customized latte art for dine-in customers. A dream come true!

“Someone’s in a good mood today.”

Wendy grinned at Yeri and gestured at her cup. “Check out my art.”

“Woah, you got it cursive. Nice.”

“Soon, I’ll be doing the entire alphabet.”

“That’s a cute concept. Totally Instagram-worthy. We should make a hashtag for it. Make a whole event out of it. We could get on a recommendation list!”

Wendy couldn’t help chuckling as Yeri’s voice pitched higher and higher with every additional idea. “Well, for once, I actually think you’ve got a good idea.”

“What do you mean? All my ideas are great ideas.”

“Not all. But making a hashtag sounds like a good idea. You’d have to learn how to do the alphabet too. Are you up for it?”

“For a genius student like me, learning alphabet latte art will be a breeze.”

“Great. You can start Monday. You’ll do the afternoon shift with Taeyeon. She’ll teach you.”

Yeri rubbed her hands in delight. “I want to write Aix with latte art.”

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Yeri.”

=

“What happened to you? You look like you just lost a million won or something.”

Irene shook her head and grimaced. “I wish it were just a million won I’m losing. I’d gladly pay that much to get out of the dinner meeting with the ing businessmen.”

“Wow, you’re really upset, huh. That’s some strong language there, Miss Irene.”

“You’d have even stronger language if you were in my shoes, Miss Joy.”

“You’re absolutely right. I would be spitting curses non-stop if it were me.” Joy gave Irene a shoulder squeeze. “I’m sorry you have to sit through another dinner with those foul farts.”

Irene sighed. “I’ll take it as part of the job.”

“It really to be in your situation.”

“So it’s your treat tonight.”

Joy laughed. “Sure, drinks on me. And where are we going?”

“Aix.”

“Again?”

=

“Hey, look. It’s Miss Taro Milk Tea again,” said Yeri. “She’s becoming quite the regular at this place, isn’t she?”

Wendy looked out the window and sure enough, it was Irene, walking towards her café. A dash of cheer zipped through, lifting her mood. Irene had come at just the right time.

“If she becomes a regular, we’ll be able to get that picture one day.”

“Yeri, give it up already.”

“But it’s a great idea.”

“Hey, sweetie.” Wendy smiled and waved as Irene approached the counter. “Taro milk tea for you today?”

“Hi, Wendy.” Irene’s smile was warm. “Yes, taro milk tea for me, please.”

Wendy noticed the taller woman behind Irene and doubled her smile. “And what does your friend want?”

“Her name is Joy.”

“Nice to see you again, Joy,” Wendy greeted the taller woman with a warm smile.

“She’ll have an Americano. With ice.”

Wendy turned to Yeri. “Can you handle the orders?”

Yeri stood taller with a confident grin. “Of course.”

“Great.” Wendy turned back to Irene and winked like they were conspiring together. “Are you up for something special tonight?”

“Who? Me?”

“Yes, you.”

“W-What’s special?”

“Follow me and you’ll see.”

“Where are we going?”

Irene’s flustered stare put a teasing grin on Wendy’s face. “To the forbidden place.”

“W-What?”

Wendy chuckled. “Just kidding. I have a treat in the kitchen for tasting.”

“What is it?”

“Come with me and find out, sweetie.”

“Seriously?”

“Come on. Trust me.” Wendy stepped from the counter and smiled at Joy. “My apologies for stealing your friend for a few minutes. I’ll return her to you soon.”

Joy looked confused but her grin was game. “No problem. Take your time.”

Permission gained, Wendy held the door open for Irene before stepping forward to lead her into the kitchen. “Welcome to the forbidd

Please log in to read the full chapter