Chapter 27

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Flashback  (Sana's POV)
Last Day of Junior Year

The place felt like it swayed with all the jumping and the loud vibrations coming from the giant speakers. Strangers made the most out of the bodies crashing and the lack of light in the room,  turning into the animals that they hide away from the dark. I watched people go wild from the distance, dancing to the rhythm of the beat and realizing mid-way that I was too sober to find enjoyment at the scene.

Momo suddenly flumped down beside me, intoxicated and sweaty,
making me shift my gaze away from the dancefloor. She sloppily motioned me to come closer, gesturing  that she had something to say.

"Why are you sitting alone in here and not joining in the fun? Come onnn its the last day of Junior year" She drunkingly mumbled "It's so not like you to come to a party and NOT party"

I could only shrug my shoulders at this, surprised she even noticed me despite being occupied by other people

"Something's up. What is it? Spillllll"

It wasn't hard to miss the stink of alcohol in her as she shouts a  little too loud in my ear to deliver her message. I move farther away from her as a result, her sharp tone still ringing at the side. She grinned at my reaction, asking me once again to tell her the "tea" with the sudden change. Yup, Momo was very much drunk.

I've prepared and said the same 2 lines to every similar question thrown at me,  hiding the fact that I'm on this whip culture bs. It's so not like me,  I'd actually die if someone were to find out.

But it might be good to let it out for once. Because if I'm being honest,  I don't know how long I could keep this in. She's not gonna remember in the morning anyway.

"I like someone" I confessed, feeling like the burden of keeping it a secret was being lifted off my chest. It was nice to finally say it out loud, although she's not the person I was supposed to tell this to. " I guess I have for a long time, I just didn't wanna admit it then"

"Ooohhh~" she teased "Is it the 'I'd go on a date with you 4 times.' level?  Cause that would be recordbreaking"  

"No, i-it's not like that. I genuinley like this person, I wouldn't even care if it takes me 20 dates or more. I just want her to like me the way I like her"

"Oh wow. That's— that's different" Momo replied,  bewildered at my statement.  I can't figure out if its because of what I said or the alcohol taking a toll on her.

"Is that like uhm a bad thing?"

"Uhhh yeh? You said it yourself. 4 dates is like asking for a relationship but 5 days and more is basically marriage" she amusingly chuckled, her eyes getting droopier with every shot.

"Maybe I do want that"   Momo raised her eyebrow at me, like I'm suddenly foreign to her.  It was always me, Nayeon and her who agrees that commiting yourself to a relationship is a trap. We believe that no human being is worth giving up the perks of being single for. I guess that's what makes us friends.

My eyes widened at my mistake, finally understanding where her confusion came from. "  I DONT meannn marriage, God no. Thats not it,  I swear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter