Chapter 26

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day (Dahyun's POV)

I've been so absorbed in my own head, in my issues and in my confusion that I realized I hadn't had much of a chance to tell her how I felt. It was the first time she ever brought up what was happening, those fears that has been wearing away at her and yet– I did nothing.  She left and I let her.

She's been bottling all of it inside  and I reacted as if I was the one who was afraid. Too scared that it must've look like I changed my mind. About her. And about us , when it was me who swore I'd be there for her.

Instead of telling her it didn't matter, I went on radio silent.
I was drowning in revelations, I could not even ask how she was.

It took for her to be in a hospital bed for me to regain my senses and run back to her..

I let disappointment wash me away, as I stop myself from taking things on further.  Sana quickly draw her hand back, flustered things escalated that quick. I chuckled at her confused state, she looks like she just lost an internal battle she had with herself, probably questioning why it suddenly happened and the fact that we are in public.

"This was huge mistake. Leave Dahyun, don't make me repeat myself"  She hurriedly pushed me away, and turned her head at the side to avoid meeting my eyes.

"Well I don't want to" I spoke back. " I don't think I can make that same mistake again"

"Kim Dahyun" she warned, gritting her teeth.

"Yes love?"

She let out a frustrated sigh at the term, finally making her head turn towards me. Her eyes instantly pierced through mine as she crossed her arms over her chest,  as if to shield herself.

"You are turning into the people you've once mocked and it is far more pathetic. If you actually have an ounce of dignity left, I suggest you to just leave."

The expression she gave me made me feel small, I finally understood what it felt to be the recieving end of her cold gaze. My pride would never have allowed me to be in such situation because  I choose my struggles carefully, it is the reason why I always end up winning.  But with her, it would always feel like I've lost a thousand battles. 

My mind's best response would've been to retreat. But this is Sana.
And she has always been my exception.

"You won't leave?  Fine then I will"  she spoke in between my long pause.

She tried to stand up but my inner impulse was faster as I movingly put her back to place. I faced her front, my arms wide  open,  blocking her from escaping.

We have to stop leaving each other this way. I can't keep letting her go.

She furrowed her eyebrow at my ridiculous measures to make her stay.

"I meant what I said." I replied, trying to keep myself still. " You didn't break me yet so I'm staying.

As long as it's still whole, I'm staying. If you want me gone, you need to break my heart first."

Sana's gaze shifted from cold to unreadable, and it was far more terrifying. A hold a breath in, feeling like I can't take another disclosure. She was about to throw another attempt but I quickly changed the topic, no longer wanting to argue.

"I know you've been staying with Jeong since that day but I'm afraid she can no longer take you in. And so does your other friends by the way"  Sana stayed still on the side of the bed,  loss for words.

"Fortunately, I'm available."

"I'm going home then"  she flatly responds, avoided meeting my eyes once again

"Come onnn" I whined at her efforts to make this harder than it already is.
"I'll sleep in the couch,  I won't even talk to you soo please– come home with me"
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter