Flowers in your Hair

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Flashback
Sophomore Year (Dahyun's POV)

The Debate club meeting just ended and it was longer than expected. Its past 4 PM now,  and I  wonder if Sana got tired of waiting and just went home.

I try not to get too disappointed at the thought,  afterall I'm the one who suggested for her not to wait  even when she insisted it's fine and that she would go home anyway if she gets tired.

Still, I went to the library just to make sure. The school hallway is  half-empty with only the janitors preparing to mop the floors and some club members getting ready to head home.

 I quicken my pace, hoping I wasn't too late.

My smile grew wider when I spotted her but I abruptly stop myself from approaching closer when I noticed she wasn't alone. 

"Baby pleasee give me another chance, I'll change I promise. I'll be anything you want"  the man desparately asked, while holding Sana's hand in his.

She lets out a tired sigh, the expression she gave him after sent shivers down my spine. It was cold, as if she's looking straight at an empty can and not a human being with feelings. 

The exact opposite of the Sana I'm used too. 

She continued to look down on him, not saying a single thing .

Just by the look of it, I could feel the man crumble under her stares as she moved closer to him, their faces inches away from each other.  Sana leaned in to whisper something in his ear and he looked like someone who just witnessed a paranormal activity.

Their little moment was interrupted when Sana's eyes met mine, her once cold gaze suddenly turning softer.

She slowly made her way towards me, leaving the person behind slumped down in his seat,   looking way beyond defeated. 

"Dahyunnie, what took you so long?"  she said in her cheerful tone with her most charming smile,  like she didn't just break someone's heart seconds ago.

Even before I got to know her on a personal level,  I am much aware of Sana's reputation but to witness her in action for the first time is a totally different story.

It hasn't been long since Sana and I got close.

After helping her pass her history test, "tutoring" somehow became our go-to-reason whenever we wanna see each other.

I had a hard time admitting that I do like to be around Sana and that maybe it's exciting whenever I am.

Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter