One

Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo opened her eyes slowly.

 

It was bright.. almost blinding her..

 

When did the sun go up? 

 

It was just night when she came to the river to try to reach Taehyung to the other world and now-..

 

Oh wait.. she didn’t die? She didn’t drown?

 

She looked at herself and touched her face..

 

She’s alive.. she really is!

 

She thought she was going to die last night by drowning.. but she’s survived in the end..

 

She was smiling to herself when she saw someone passing by looking at her.

 

It was a woman.

 

She was not wearing a skirt like hers.. her stomach was showing and she had something on her ears while running..

 

When has their land started producing that type of cloth? How come she didn’t know anything about it?

 

She was still thinking deeply when someone came in front of her and gave her a small piece of paper.

 

“I hope you can find a job soon..” said an elder woman who was wearing another kind of strange clothes. “Many young people have lost jobs.. it has really become tough..”

 

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

What does she mean?

 

She took a look at the paper that was handed to her.

There was a picture in the middle.. and a number.. 5?

What could it be? What is this?

 

She got up and took a quick look around her.

 

She gasped.

 

Wait.. this doesn’t look like any place in Amaya..

 

fell open. 

 

Did she really.. succeed in coming into Taehyung’s world?

 

But before she could rejoice, confusion came into her mind..

 

Where exactly is this? How is she going to find him here now?

 

She walked around and found a lot of people looking at her in a strange way.. 

 

Just what is wrong with her? 

Perhaps.. do they know she is the daughter of the late Tribe leader?

 

Is this world connected to Amaya in any way?

 

But the more she walks further, the more it looks different..

 

There were tall constructions everywhere.. they might be taller than the sequoia tree at the border..

There might be more of those huge   buildings than trees here..

 

And the people.. they seem to be all busy with themselves.. no one is talking to anyone.. all of them are holding a weird object in their hands..

 

She sighed as she tried to pass all those people..

 

But where is she headed now? Where does she need to go?

 

Where could Taehyung be? Where should she start looking for him?

 

She was just standing still when she smelled something..

 

She gulped.

 

Where is that delicious smell coming from? What is that sweet scent that is making her stomach growl?

 

She followed the smell and found herself standing in front of some good looking bread covered with something brown and some strawberries.

 

was watering just by looking at them.

 

“Go away if you aren’t going to buy anything..” said the woman making those bread.

 

“Buy?” asked Jisoo curiously. “What do you mean?”

 

The woman scoffed at her.

 

“With money of course..” she replied sounding sarcastic. “I can’t believe I’m talking to a beggar this early in the morning..”

 

Jisoo approached her even closer.

 

“What is money?” she asked raising her hands and putting them together. “Please tell me..”

 

The woman saw the 5 dollar bill she was holding and pointed at her hand.

 

Jisoo looked at that piece of paper again.

 

“This is money? You’re saying if I give this to you, you will give me that delicious looking bread?”

 

The woman nodded her head.

 

“You can buy one waffle with the money you have..” she replied irritatedly.

 

Jisoo gladly gave her the money.

 

“So this is money..” she said smiling. “Please give me one bread you call waffle..”

 

The woman gave her one right away.

 

Jisoo tasted it. Her eyes widened. What kind of food is this? It was soft and sweet and was melting inside ..

 

“Thank you for giving me this delicacy..” she said smiling wide before bowing her head to the woman and going away. 

 

The woman couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“I have never seen a polite beggar in my life..” she said to herself. “What’s with those clothes? I have just realized not all good looking people are mentally stable..”

 

 

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

 

“I have changed your medications for more than ten times already but nothing has changed yet..” said the psychiatrist. 

 

V sighed.

 

That’s right.. even he thinks that all the medicines and pills are useless for for him.

 

It’s been a year since the accident happened to him that made him go into a coma for three months.

 

And since then, he has had insomnia.

 

Well.. he does get a little sleep but then he wakes up after having a weird dream..

 

A dream which he keeps having over and over again..

 

A woman.. a crying woman..

 

In his dream, there is always this woman who looks at him in tears..

 

No matter how much he thinks about it, he has never met her anywhere..

 

He has never seen her before.. never encountered her even in his shoots..

 

He has tried looking for her.. but without even knowing her name.. it is difficult.. and impossible..

 

 

“What do you feel whenever you dream of her?” asked the psychiatrist. “What do you think of as soon as you wake up?”

 

V lowered his gaze.

 

How does he feel? What does he think of?

 

“Pain..” said V holding onto his chest. “There’s pain in here.. but I do not undestand the reason.. and when I think about her again.. it brings more pain.. like.. I knew her very well.. like she was part of me..”

 

The psychiatrist put the pen down and held his hands together as he looked at him.

 

“Have you ever thought that.. she could have really known you well? That she could have been really part of you?” 

 

V’s brows narrowed.

 

How would a woman he has never met before be a part of his life?

It’s impossible.. that can’t be true..

 

“If you ever meet her, make sure to keep her by your side.. only then you might realize the reason she has been appearing in your dreams..” 

 

V bit his lower lip.

 

Will he even meet her? Can he find her? No.. is she even real? What if she’s just his imagination?

 

“For now, take these medicines to help you sleep better..” the psychiatrist added. 

 

V stood up and bowed his head.

 

“Oh.. wait..” said the psychiatrist before V could leave.

 

V turned back.

 

“I’m looking forward to your upcoming movie..” he added.

 

V smiled before leaving the room.

 

He found his manager Jin waiting for him.

 

“Should we go eat somewhere first then go to your house?” asked Jin putting a hand on his shoulders as they headed to the parking lot.

 

“Improvements?” he asked as he sat on the driver’s seat.

 

V shook his head.

 

“New medicines..” he replied.

 

Jin sighed.

 

Even he is feeling V’s exhaustion.

It’s been long nine months already since he has started to have those weird dreams.

Is it perhaps because of the accident? Could it be a side effect?

 

He feels guilty for leaving him in their van that day.. if only he had not stopped by the convenience store then, V wouldn’t have had to be in that accident.

 

And one more thing he feels bad about is that V broke up with Irene a few months after he woke up in the hospital..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter