tent – jendy

Ships a Plenty

 

There's a rustling outside her tent. Jennie clutches at the sleeping bag, burying half her face and closing her eyes. She did not sign up for this.

 

All Jennie wanted was a nice time with her friends under the moon and the sea of stars. Not this. Not her tent zipper being opened  some uninvited guest. Jennie stiffens unde the covers, terrified of what's to come.

 

"Room for one more?" came a whisper.

 

Maybe she shouldn't have stayed up listening to the campfire stories earlier. Jennie releases a breath she didn't realize she was holding, thoroughly annoyed at the unexpected person she definitely knows who.

 

"Seungwan," she hisses. "You have your own tent."

 

The said girl sends her a grin, something Jennie will never admit to have memorized enough to know even without the pale light of the moon.

 

"Fine," Jennie finally says when Seungwan just ignores her and enters the single tent.

 

"Now move over, I left my sleeping bag in my tent."

 

Jennie, with a lot of grumbling ang glaring, opens up the bag and lets her in. It doesn't matter, though. Seungwan knows it's all for show. Mostly.

 

"This is cozy," Seungwan remarks.

 

Jennie tries to hit her shoulder but there's not much elbow room for any good impact. Seungwan laughs at her anyway.

 

"Why are you even here?" she asks.

 

"Because," Seungwan says, snaking her arms to hold Jennie into a snuggle, "I know you'd have a hard time sleeping."

 

"If this is another jab at me being a city kid—"

 

Seungwan tightens her hold and smothers a laugh on Jennie's shoulder.

 

"No, dummy," she says.

 

"What, then."

 

"Nothing," Seungwan says, burying her head on Jennie's neck and whispering, "Let's sleep."

 

 

.