Real or not real?

Dancing With Your Ghost

“Thank you all for coming today” said the woman as she walk out from the meeting room.

Dressing with formal suit but still look casual as always, the woman walk to her office with her assistant follow right behind her. Today is not much different than the other day. She would woke up in the morning, get ready for new day, and then get her mind busy with work. 

Despite she was told not to overwork herself, well she is not Bae Irene if she listen to what people say to her. A stubborn, annoying, cold, and reckless young CEO. 

Let me introduce you to Bae Joohyun a.k.a Bae Irene. The famous young CEO who own a high tech company she developed by herself. Even when she’s cold, annoying, reckless young woman, people still adore her and respect her. Why? Because she’s rich, she’s smart, and she has power! 

Well money can buy everything right? But Bae Irene never use her power for wrong purposes. She never want anyone to give her special treatment. Perhaps that’s why people still love her despite her behavior. 

“What’s my next schedule?”

“You don’t have meeting after this except you do have your routine session with Doctor Kim”

Despite the fact that doctor had help her a lot with her health, still she hate to hear her name being said. Groan in frustration, she drop herself on her working chair and close her eyes. 

Just hearing that name really bring hurt on her temple. She cannot stand another session with that annoying doctor yet somehow she still go to her for session. Gosh! How annoying is that? Although she hate it so much, she know she still need to go for that session. Unless she want to be kick out from her position, perhaps this is the day. 

But Irene still want this position. After all she still have the highest share and this is her company for sake! She built this from the ground and she want to make sure no one able to get her company. Not when she still alive.

“Do you want me to cancel your sess-“

“You can do that if you want me to stepdown from the position” said Irene coldly as she turn her chair around facing the wide window in her office. 

The least thing she want to do right now is walking inside the psycho office and go all over again with question and answer session. She prefer to be prescribed with medication rather than talking with Kim Yerim. But what else she can do?

She can be a drug addict if she do that and going to a psychological ward is the lastplace she want to spend her life. So? Of course she will go.

“I’m sorry Miss Bae. Let me call your cauver” 

Massaging her temple never resulted any good. It never effect anything on her but she still do it anyway. Why? Most people do it when they are very stress and pressure. 

"You don't have to go if you thought it's useless. After all, you still blame yourself for my death" 

Here we go again, said Irene to herself. She doesn't need to see where that person is standing because she can see right from the corner of her eyes. That person standing in the corner of the office.

Facing her with her arm folded on her chest and a smirk on her face. Very typical and very usual. Irene open her drawer, search for the only thing she need at this point. 

The only thing that keeping her completely sane and alive right now. 

"I prefer you don't drink that. Useless right?"

"No. It's not useless"

"OH?! You're talking to me? Finally!" 

"You're not real. So...get the away from here" said Irene as she took her medication and glare back to the place where her hallucination were standing before.

Now that she's gone, Irene relieve a sigh and again close her eyes due to her low fatigue. Today is quiet a hectic and busy day for her. Not to mention she also deal with a crazy guy who want to take over her position.

She cannot believe that. This company...she own this ing company and she is the original founder of this company. As long as she still healthy physically and mentally (she's mentally stable for now), this company still belong to her.

After all, she still contribute a lot with everything despite her mental health problem and she prove  to the shareholder that she still able to work and her mental health doesn't interupt her intelligent at all. 

With all the hectic and weird day, the last thing she want to do is going for a routine session with her personal psychiatrist which happen to be her best friend girlfried. She'll introduce her best friend later.

But for now, she need to get ready for her boring session with her psychiatrist. 

"Your car is ready, Miss Bae"

 

Irene wouldn’t blame the nature for dropping the rain when she was about to leave the last place she wanted to be right now. But otherwise she won’t be the Bae Irene people know if she didn’t come to this place. Just to let you guys know, she blame it to God and will always be Him. Why? She has her reason. 

Anyway, what people say about her? What people thought about the Bae Irene now? Is there any different from the old and the new Bae Irene? Of course there is. The old Bae Irene was known as cheerful and kind person. But the nee Bae Irene is known as a cold and dark person. Why? It all begin from the past. 

Does she want to take you back to the past? Of course not. Her session with her psychiatrist will be a waste, because obviously she pays lot of money for the session she got twice a week. Also for her medication is not cheap as you guys thought. Taking you guys back to the past will only be a waste of time because the last thing Irene wanted to do is reminiscing the past.

Seeing the ghost that have been haunting her for years will always gone the moment she took her medication. A relieve sigh always there once she drink her medication. First because she know she won’t be seeing that ghost again. Second this whole thing happen because her mind is playing with her. Third she know she has mental illness which make her unable to choose which one is real or not. But it was in the past. She’s fine now...or perhaps that’s what her psychiatrist wanted her to believe. 

Because the moment she open her eyes and look at the same direction she stare awhile ago, she still there. She thought she was day hallucinating again and maybe she drank the wrong medication. But when she read it again, it was the right medication her psychiatrist prescribed her. So, why the hell she still seeing that person?

“. I don’t have time playing with this” said Irene as she get herself rushing towards her car and sit at the backseat.

She rest her head on the back of her seat and let her cauver drive the car to her house. All she need right now is rest after an exhausting time at work and dealing with a psychiatrist never been more exhausting then dealing with shareholders complaint.

Today is like her usual routines unless it’s not when someone speak to her. For sure when she get in to her car, only herself sitting at the backseat. 

“Joohyun-ah” 

. This is not real. This is not real. This is ing not real. Yeri, her psychiatrist had told her not to take more than she prescribed despite how much she want to erase her hallucination. So she try to control her desire unless she want to be a drug addicted. 

But it begins to get harder when the person sitting next to her speak again.

“Please help me? I’m not your hallucination! I’m real! Listen to me please!”

What the ? Did her hallucination ever begged like this? No! Never! They would always or make random conversation but mostly her hallucination would talk about her weakness. Her trauma. Her sadness. 

Then how the hell this one able to begged her for help? Irene try her best to avoid it. Closing her eyes and pretend to be asleep. But the latter keep on talking. It makes no sense when the latter keep talking about memories in the past which very odd when they would usually talk down at her and blame her for the reason of her girlfriend’s death. 

“Remember when I took you to the amusement park and you were so happy that you got very excited on rising the roller coaster yet you ended up throwing up the moment it stop? Your hallucination won’t be talking about this, am I right?”

That’s...that’s when Irene realize this isn’t her hallucination. This...is more than just hallucination. . She’s gone mad. No! She won’t be going to psychology ward! That would be the last place she wanted to be!

“I am ing real Joohyun. Open your ing eyes and see me! You know you can see me! You saw me on the side of the road and you thought I was your hallucination when I’m not! Don’ttake the medication again or else you’ll end up in the psychology ward! I warn you!” 

“Shut the hell up! You aren’t real! Get out of my head!!!!”

“Miss Bae? Miss Bae? Are you alright?” Asked the cauver.

When Irene was about to say something, the ghost speak before her.

“Don’t tell him you’re seeing things right now. Believe me. You won’t want to believe anyone else beside me because everyone of people you thoguth you could trust, willing to do anything to get into your position. Now tell him you’re having a bad dream and that’s it!”

At that moment, Irene wanted to ignore her but why does it sound very make sense? Irene had no idea but when this ghost telling her she shouldn’t trust people she thought she could trust...she start wondering if this is really is real. If it really is real then...how the hell she’s here...on earth?

“Miss Bae? Should I bring you back to Miss Yeri?”

“Ughh...no. No. I’m fine. Just have a bad dream. Bring me home, Key” 

“Ah. Alright”

Despite how much she doesn’t wantto believe this, she just can’t resist the person...or she should say the ghost beside her. Obviously she’s the only person who able to see her because Key can’t.

Wait. If this real...then...

“K-Kang Seulgi?” said Irene, whispering.

The ghost dressing in white, sigh. Though ghost doesn’t need to breathe, she feel the need to do that. Human habit still in her because she never try to let go of her past life. That is the reason why she is here. 

First she need time with Irene. Second she miss Irene. Third she need to help Irene with her mental health and also her life. Irene had no idea there is people who want to see her down.

“It’s me, Hyun. It’s really me. Kang Seulgi”