Chapter 2

Never Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon knew what she did was absolutely irrational. Especially at a time like this. The reporters were always there somewhere but for some odd reason, she thought there wouldn't be any problem at this hour and at his place. Or rather she thought it would be safe if it’s with him. She bit her lower lip and held his gaze without wanting to show that she actually got scared for a moment. 

“Let go of my hand”

She managed to voice out as it was actually starting to hurt her. Wooyoung didn’t realize he was holding her arm tightly. When he saw Kim Taeyeon in front of him at the elevator, his mind went blank for a moment. Yes, they’re friends, but how is she here now? How does she even know where he lives? Why now? All sorts of things went through his head at once but a reflected flash from somewhere behind her caught his attention first. He knew exactly how it’s gonna end up if any paparazzi captured them together at this hour of the night. It was fine if it’s just him, but it cannot be her. That’s the only thing settled on his mind at last when he grabbed her hand. 

He let go of her hand and ran his fingers through his dark brown hair. Taeyeon touched her hand where he grabbed and saw it’s gotten a bit red. She started massaging her hand “I, uh, I just needed to ask you something. So Just dropped by since I was near- AH!” She couldn’t finish as she felt a sharp pain on her forehead. The kid leader looked up annoyed, rubbing her forehead where the tall guy nonchalantly flicked and saw his frown. “That’s for giving me a mini heart attack” He stepped away and leaned against the back of the elevator. "Geez at least give me a heads up first if you decide to randomly 'drop by' next time"  He finger quoted sarcastically.

Will there be a next time? Taecyeon's heart skipped a beat, she shook her head to dismiss the thought. But she was glad that he's kind of casual about it like he's always been, so she wouldn't feel awkward. 

Ding!

The elevator doors opened on his floor and the 2PM main dancer stepped out. "So what was so urgent you wanted to ask in the middle of the night, even sneaking into a guy's house?" She could literally feel the smirk from his voice. Taeyeon followed him behind silently, hoping the words would appear on her head. Wooyoung started tapping on the passcode. 

"I just, I don't know. It's complicated. This is probably a really bad idea. I should just go" She was having second thoughts the moment she saw Wooyoung. She’s really not someone to open up about anything. She didn't even know why she suddenly decided to go to him of all people. Taeyeon turned around to leave. 

"Woah woah hold on a second-" Wooyoung pulled her towards him by her shirt, trying to stop her; "You sure you wanna go back now? At least kill some time until those people are gone" 

Wooyoung was waiting for her reply, so the petite girl nodded her head and turned back, lowering her head. Wooyoung chuckled.

"Welcome to my humble den" He opened the door to his apartment and held it. "After you. She looked over at him and saw he's smiling with a hint of playfulness. She sighed and returned the smile, stepping in. She heard him closing the door behind her and her heart suddenly started to beat double time. It was odd. She has never done this. She's always been rational and level-headed. It was 2 a.m in the morning and she's feeling extra sensitive. She has never gone to a guy's house alone before, not at this odd hour at least. 

"Want a beer?" Wooyoung asked, walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge. "No? Then coffee? ice-cream?" He looked up over the door waiting for her answer. 

"Which flavor?"

Taeyeon asked, looking around his dimly lit house space. 

Jang Wooyoung lingered his eyes on the petite girl who was now looking over his wall of LPs. He was restless and slightly nervous as to why Kim Taeyeon of all people was doing at his house right now. He was trying to play it cool as he always does but this tiny person was wavering him. She was there, standing in the dull light, in her short shorts and her checkered shirt. Her slightly long hair was messily braided. Wooyoung couldn't help but think how absolutely pretty she was. He knew he would never overstep his boundaries knowing she has a boyfriend now. Which was why he was confused about all this, why she's here… after all this time. 

“Vanilla” He said and tore his eyes off her just as she looked over at him. “Ok, I’ll take ice cream then”

“Hey, the couch is over there, if you were wondering” Wooyoung, gestured with his thumb trying to act cool. 

He closed the door of the fridge and walked back into the living room with 2 tubs of vanilla ice cream, where the tiny leader was sitting, going through her phone. 

"Here ya go" Wooyoung handed over the tub as he flopped down on the couch. He brought his legs up and started eating comfortably. "Ahhh this hits the spot" he chuckled. 

Taeyeon smiled. This was what she needed. Someplace to escape to. Somewhere she wouldn't be reminded of all the sadness. Forget all the responsibilities and just be herself without caring about judging. "y'know why I like Vanilla? It's just plain. But sweet. You can taste every bit of that sweetness without interruptions" 

The kid leader chuckled. "I guess you're right, plain is good" 

Wooyoung knew how stubbornly closed up Taeyeon is. It's just like how he is himself. That's why he knew how hard it is to endure everything by herself. But he also knew it's not his place to ask questions. If she wants to let him know, she should do it by her own accord. They kept on talking about random topics while eating ice cream which felt oddly comfortable and calm. They didn't even realize it's been nearly an hour. 

"Haa…" 2PM main dancer leaned back on the couch closing his eyes. "Damn I'm sleepy" he looked over at Taeyeon who's also sitting on the couch cross-legged. "You gonna sleep over tonight?" He smirked. "Yeah right," the petite girl smacked his stretched-out arm playfully. "No seriously though, you gonna drive? Is there anyone you can call ?" He rubbed his eyes. "I uh, had a few drinks earlier tonight with some friends so I don't think I can drop you off" 

"I'm perfectly capable of driving Wooyoung"

"Isn't your kid boyfriend coming to get you?" He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter