Of office chairs and spelling bees.

Leave the light on (for me)

Things start to go smoothly.

(If Taehyung had to double-check and ask Jeongguk after their usual sprint for the next-best door whether they are boyfriends or he just dreamed it up in his sleep-deprived mind - and if Jeongguk tripped and straight-on ran into the glass door hard enough to get a light case of nosebleed, which only got worse when he started nodding his head like a madman, and loudly exclaiming that "Yes, yes that's right, that's true, we absolutely are"... well. Then that's only for them to know.)

So with that kinda newly-gained, or more like newly-realized, knowledge, Taehyung figures it's a free pass for kissing Jeongguk whenever he feels like it. Jeongguk never complains which is why Taehyung has yet to drop that forming habit of his.

The fact that their offices are right next to each other comes in handy here. And that Namjoon set them up to be work partners like, ages ago. It means Taehyung can stroll into Jeongguk's office, shut the door behind him and claim the younger's lap as if he owns it without having to worry about what the others might think. Doesn't have to worry about anyone questioning why he's been going to Jeongguk's office so much lately.

Yeah, so handy indeed, Taehyung muses.

He tilts his head and sighs into Jeongguk's mouth. Tenses his legs where they are stuck between Jeongguk's thighs and the armrests, and straightens up a little until he's looming over Jeongguk. Giving him even easier access to the other's mouth.

Jeongguk grunts in alarm, one hand shooting out to grab on Taehyung's and the other fumbling with the lever for reclining the backrest before they both go down.

"Can you stop moving for like five minutes, this chair is not made for two people," he snaps once Taehyung has to let go and take a deep breath. "Also mind you, I was in the middle of coding."

Taehyung rolls his eyes and leans down to bite at Jeongguk's lower lip.

"You can still do that once I'm gone. The future is meaningless but the pasta is now."

Jeongguk pulls his hand from the lever just to flick his finger against Taehyung's forehead. His other hand is still squeezing the older's and yeah, Taehyung is absolutely here for that.

He momentarily lets go of Jeongguk's shoulder to rub against his own aching forehead, scowling.

"Why, you little gremlin-"

"I'm not Jimin."

"I mean, true, but still. Why, you little -"

Jeongguk narrows his eyes. "Did you just call me a ?"

"Yeah, whatcha gonna do about it?" 

"Shut you up, for starters," the younger declares, pulling Taehyung down by his neck and crashing their lips together in a violent kiss.

It's one of those that feel like they never can last long enough, even if you continue well past the point where you should stop to take a breath. One of those that ignite a flame in your stomach and have you craving for more, more, more. 

Did Taehyung already mention what a great kisser Jeongguk is if he just wants to? Because he is. A great kisser, that is. Taehyung considers himself very lucky. And makes full use of his green card for free kisses. Jeongguk never disappoints.

Except when he's startled by a ceiling fan but Jeongguk claims that doesn't count (Taehyung disagrees and brings it up every chance he gets with the full intention to piss off Jeongguk - and establish it as a running gag between them).

Taehyung only pulls away when the swampy feel in his head and increasing dizziness reach an uncomfortable level.

They are both gasping heavily, panting into each other's faces with reddened cheeks and blown pupils.

Taehyung marvels at the vision that is Jeongguk beneath him, all flushed, dark hair tousled, gaze scorching, silver ear piercings catching the sunlight from outside, and a hint of collarbone peeking out from where Taehyung ed the first two buttons of his black shirt.

Jeongguk's been ditching his oversized black statement hoodies in favour of dress shirts more often than not lately. Taehyung is a big fan. Even more so as he doesn't need to ask - he knows the sole reason for Jeongguk cleaning up and putting effort into his appearance is that he wants to impress him. It may or may not be one of the reasons Taehyung comes to Jeongguk's office even more often on days Jeongguk is not wearing hoodies.

But honestly, what is he supposed to do? See the younger entering the office building while looking like a damn five-course-meal on two legs and not jump him? Riddiculous.

"I don't get you," he mouths against Jeongguk's ear, burying a hand into his hair. "You've been complaining about me kissing you like three minutes ago and now you do the same damn thing? In which way is that supposed to be fair?" He pulls back at the last part just so he can look at Jeongguk's handsome face.

"I didn't complain."

Taehyung in a sharp breath.

"Dude, you literally said-"

"Okay okay, don't- just don't 'dude' me while you're straddling my lap, jesus ing christ. The main point I wanted to make, is that you shouldn't compare yourself to pasta."

The older's mouth slowly stretches into a smirk. 

"Why? Am I not equally tasty?"

Something hardens in the younger's gaze and his grip on Taehyung's goes just that much tighter. God, Taehyung ing hopes it'll bruise.

"That's exactly the problem." Jeongguk's voice dropped to an enticing, dangerous whisper. He's looking up Taehyung as if imagining all the things he wants to do to him. Taehyung shivers.

"I don't think of it as a problem at all," he admits equally quiet.

The younger raises a lazy eyebrow at him.

"Oh?"

Taehyung has to stop himself from swearing. This man belongs behind bars. With his broad chest barely contained by the black fabric that's spanning taut at the buttons, his rolled up sleeves, strong arms, thunder thighs, big dark eyes and now that ing raised eyebrow too. What the hell. How is he supposed to survive all the visuals Jeongguk is dishing out?

The only correct answer is: Not at all.

Especially not when it knocks on the door and they are too slow to scramble into a decent position, Taehyung somehow managing to get his right leg stuck in the loop of the arm rest, faltering, and ultimately crashing straight into Jeongguk's chest the very moment Namjoon opens the door.

Their boss blinks at the two of them, sighs, then chuckles.

"Well, I guess at last I don't have to worry about the two of you overworking yourself anymore," he jokes dryly.

Taehyung is this close to pissing himself and Jeongguk is not off that much better, laying beneath him stiff as a wooden board. None of them says a word. There is nothing to say, no way to talk their way out of the compromising position, none.

"Just remember the whole technical equipment is company property before you think about crashing the keyboard or something, yeah? Later, guys~"

And with that, Namjoon breezes off. Doesn't event try to hide the dimple smile while closing the door.

The following silence is deafening.

A shuddering breath makes it past Taehyung'S lips, whole body quivering as the tension seeps out.

"...Ohmygod, I think I just died at least four times," he wheezes. He's feeling hot all over, his head and chest undoubtedly flushed a deep red.

"Same," Jeongguk groans. Tries and fails to push the two of them up in a sitting position.

Taehyung ignores his futile attempt and props an ellbow up on the younger's chest, head resting in his hand.

"He's taken it suspiciously well though, don't you think?"

Jeongguk gnaws on his lip, eyes darting around the room until ultimately settling on Taehyung once more.

"Honestly? I think he shipped us from the very beginning."

Taehyung grins.

"Cute."

 

They only remember that they've got work to do when Namjoon knocks a second time and reminds them through the door that deadlines however, 'still are a thing, even though I hate to admit it'. And yeah, sad but true. Taehyung only reluctantly detaches himself from his boyfriend. Takes even longer than planned as he freezes mid-movement, leg raised from where he's been pulling it out of the armrest loop. A dude needs to take the time to appreciate the word 'boyfriend', okay?

Jeongguk gives him a weird look as he stands in that position for a solid minute.

"Bye. Boyfriend," Taehyung gives him a big boxy grin at the last word.

" you," comes Jeongguk's instant reply. His mouth twitches into a timid smile nonetheless.

Taehyung cackles and saunters off to his own office.

He does manage to focus on his work for a solid two hours before he breaks.

Wary of their boss he stays in his room but that doesn't limit the possibilities of him having fun with Jeongguk.

The first thing he knocks on their wall is 'ru a keyboard'.

Jeongguk eloquently answers with a short-long-long, short-short-long and single long knock.

'Wut'.

Taehyung snickers and knocks back, 'cuz ur my type'.

The younger groans loud enough for him to hear and Taehyung just knows that Jeongguk is rolling his eyes so hard.

Naturally, Taehyung sends the next string of knocks. He's just getting started with the fun.

'Did u fart'.

There is a distinct sound of something falling down in Jeongguk's office, followed by some colourful curses.

'The heck'.

Taehyung snorts and knocks his follow-up. 

'Cuz u blew me away.'

This time there is a long pause. Long enough for Taehyung to start worrying. But space is just a fictional monument, as is time. He doesn't have to leave his room for getting answers.

One successful short-dial later, he's got Jeongguk on line.

"Hey, everything okay over there?"

"...I just can't decide whether to laugh or be mad at you for making such horrible puns," comes the honest answer.

Taehyung smirks.

"Well, as long as you think about me, I'm fine with either way," he chirps.

One exasperated sigh later, Jeongguk hangs up on him.

Taehyung feels compelled to call him a for cutting him off like that but last-second remembers they are not alone in this building. So what's the next-best thing to do? Right, continuing with annoying Jeongguk.

'Ur as hot as the bottom of my laptop' takes him two full minutes to knock.

This time it's Jeongguk who calls him.

", we don't even work with laptops here!"

"So? I can still have one at home."

"You are such an idiot, I swear."

Taehyung bites his lip and grins. "Aw, love you too~"

Jeongguk splutters and hangs up again.

Taehyung ends up laughing so hard his cheeks start to hurt.

 

It goes on like that for a little while, until at some point Jeongguk all but barges into Taehyung's office, face red, eyebrows knitted.

"Can you just stop already," he snaps.

The question takes some time to process in Taehyung's brain. He's preoccupied oggling at the younger. Angry Jeongguk in all-black ensemble with the first two buttons of his shirt still undone is such a hot concept. He stans.

The younger's expression grows more stormy with each second his question goes unanswered. Taehyung blinks.

"Why, am I distracting you?" 

Taehyung gives his best innocent look, batting his eyelashes up tot he younger. The answer he gets is more honest than he expected.

"Yes," Jeongguk states without missing a beat.

Now it's Taehyung who's slightly flustered.

Well, that's not how he planned it.

"Uh." He blinks. "Okay. I'll stop."

"Good."

Jeongguk crosses the space between them with three strides, steals a peck from the older's lips and then goes back to his office without looking back.

Leaving Taehyung to squint at the vacant door.

What the was that?

 

So, let's make this clear.

Things are changing.

Their now official - or, well, official to the two of them at least - status as boyfriends comes with a surge of boldness.

Taehyung goes in to snatch kisses every chance he gets with no remorse. And Jeongguk? He is ruthless in getting Taehyung home at humane times.

Taehyung hates to admit it (he doesn't) but his sleep routine has never been better. Jeongguk pays rapt attention that the older stays no longer than til seven pm.

Going as far as to bodily haul Taehyung out of his chair and throw him over a shoulder like a sack of potatoes, carrying him all the way to his car like that. They are by far not the last workers at such a time, most of their co-workers giving them weird looks as Jeongguk passes them with a loudly complaining Taehyung hanging over his shoulder and hitting his back. Except for Baekhyun who gives them an over-enthusiastic thumbs-up.

This happened more than once by now and Taehyung prays it won't become a habit. Seriously, how much more humiliating can it get, than being carried out of the office like some piece of furniture?

There are only two excuses that work for Taehyung to leave the building past seven fifteen. Number one being that he already ordered dinner and it's to arrive any second. And number two, he's in dire need of physical affection. Jeongguk will roll his eyes at that yet never resist when Taehyung pulls him inside his office and shuts the door.

Either way Taehyung never leaves the office building later than eight pm which is still way earlier than it would be if he'd have his way.

And it pays off.

The dark circles beneath his eyes which he hasn't been noticing anymore for months disappear almost completely. So much, that Yugyeom approaches him one day with the words,

"Damn, you were handsome before but the healthy sleep schedule is really doing it for you, hyung."

Next to him, Jeongguk bristles and snakes an arm around Taehyung's waist.

"Care to not flirt with my boyfriend, Geom?"

Yugyeom gives him a cheshire cat grin.

A few paces away, Baekhyun who has obviously leaned in their direction from his reception counter gapes at them, eyes going wide as saucers.

Taehyung huffs. If there was anybody within the company who didn't know about Jeongguk and him before, they will definitely learn about it within the next hour. Great. Whatever.

 

Between all their impromptu makeout sessions at work, the sappy morse code thing becomes a new regularity. Sometimes they will sit there and knock each other messages for over ten minutes until one of them ultimately loses his . Usually that someone is Taehyung, which makes it even the more hilarious when he's not.

The thing with habits is, they are hard to kill.

And with Jeongguk now fluent in Morse code, they sometimes accidentally carry their knocking tradition to other places.

Have been annoying other customers at the restaurant more than once with their neverending knocking on the table. They don't even have an excuse, not when they've been going out without anyone else, sitting at a sweet little table for two and facing each other. In other words, there's been nothing stopping them from just talking like any other normal human being. But no. Knocking has become way too comfortable, to an extent where they are starting to do it casually and completely unprompted.

Or, like.

Sometimes Taehyung is still getting lunch with his other buddies. There, he'll unconsciously start knocking messages to Jeongguk, only belatedly realizing the younger is nowhere near to be found and can't possibly hear his messages. Then Taehyung will get miffed and sulk for the rest of lunch until eventually remembering that he'll have the younger at his mercy in a matter of a few minutes.

Neither Baekhyun nor Minjae have mentioned it yet but especially the former has given Taehyung weird looks more than once.

When Taehyung after those Jeongguk-lacking lunches will knock to the younger that he misses him, Jeongguk will come over and indulge him with a few sweet kisses immediately.

Maybe it feels a little bit like heaven.

Jimin, however, has not the same restraint as Baekhyun and Minjae.

He's just invited himself to Taehyung's again. Swearing that it won't become a general occurence.

Taehyung doesn't believe him nor does Jeongguk.

Lacking someone who could cook for them - Jeongguk technically could, being the best cook out of the three of them, but he refuses to cook for Jimin, their rivalry still continuing - Taehyung ordered a random bunch of Italian dishes. So maybe gnocchi alla sorrentina, tartufo, semifredo, ravioli di ricotta and some kind of cozze are not the most classical order but seriously? Taehyung is just hungry (and he knows Jeongguk will inhale anything that's left so no worries about ordering too much or the wrong stuff).

They are sitting around the filled dinner table, Jimin obviously a remark on the tip of his tongue as to how he doesn't want to eat Italian.

Taehyung cuts him off with an "You are not even supposed to be here, so shush."

Jimin closes his mouth again and glowers. On Taehyung's other side, Jeongguk snickers and makes a point to dig in.

Now a classical Italian evening means especially one thing: wine.

Of course Taehyung has some fine stuff stored away, just in case. (In case he wants to have a date-like night with his boyfriend and become a lil tipsy but gets crushed by his best friend.)

The first glass is empty soon, the second following close behind and so it doesn't take long for the world around Taehyung to become a little fuzzy.

"You really shouldn't drink so much if you can't hold your liquor," Jimin chastices.

Taehyung squints at him.

"Your unasked-for comment reminds me of... of someone. I think... I think, yeah, you are like one of my high school friends."

Jimin scoffs, crosses his arms.

"Don't be stupid."

"-What."

"You are a high school friend of mine."

Taehyung ponders the statement with furrowed eyebrows, until,

"Oh. That's right," he nods.

"Idiot," Jimin sighs.

And then suddenly yelps right into Taehyung's ear, his head swiveling around to Jeongguk.

Taehyung's eyes dart back and forth between the two, one glaring, the other smirking with an air of nonchalance.

'Did u just kick him', he lightly taps with his finger on the table.

Jeongguk gives him a barely-there nod, smirk widening. Taehyung rolls his eyes but snickers under his breath.

The youngest taps a short reply eventually and just like that, they slip into morse mode, eating with only one hand and furiously tapping away with the other. It somehow turns into a little competition to see who can tap faster without any spelling mistakes and they get so immersed in it they forget everything else. Staring right at each other while munching on their food and tapping on the table, starting to tap at the same time and over the other's messages, growing louder to assert dominance.

At some point Jeongguk breaks the eye contact to look around Taehyung's apartment slowly, ending with craning his neck for the giant lux chandelier.

'Money sure has jerks', he taps.

And. 

What.

Did he just call Taehyung a jerk. In his own home.

He slams a hand on the table, sending empty platters into a clattering frenzy.

"You take that back," he hisses.

Jeongguk for once looks startled.

"W-what? What's your problem? You really wanna say it doesn't have its perks or what?"

Taehyung blinks.

"What."

"What?"

"So you did not call me a jerk?"

Jeongguk chokes on a piece of cheese. "I- what, no! What the hell?!"

"...Oh."

There is a dull thud when Jimin puts his head on the table and groans and- oh right, Jimin is still here.

"You re both dumb," he declares.

Taehyung scowls.

"Are not. We just need to work some more on Ggukkie's spelling is all."

Jimin lifts his head enough to send another death glare at Jeongguk.

"Gukkie," he says flatly. "You call that muscle pig 'Gukkie'."

"Yes, obviously?"

Jimin huffs. Jeongguk looks incredibly pleased with himself and the situation at hand. Taehyung swats his chest.

"Stop preening like some peacock," he mutters.

The younger has the audacity to pout and feign innocence.

"But hyung, can't I be happy about my special name you gave me?"

Jimin squeaks.

"Wha- you call that nugget 'hyung' but not me?!"

Jeongguk levels him his most unimpressed look.

"Yes."

"Yah, you little hellspawn, just you wait-"