Sequel - after the return

Military Love Sequel - 2Min

It was almost two months after Minho's discharge. Taemin was all happy. Happy to create new music with s, happy that he wasn't alone anymore, happy to finally have Minho on his side. Minho was on his side since they knew they would debut as SHINee together, but back then it wasn't the same. This was different, in a good way. Minho was on his side as his other half. Not only as his best friend but also as his boyfriend. Minho was both: the caring boyfriend, that would do everything to make you happy and the best friend that you can just hang out with. 

Taemin loves both. 

He loved it just to sit down with Minho and talk about random stuff, sometimes having really deep conversations, play games, or just enjoying time with him and his other things too. He loved to cuddle with Minho, being in physical contact with him, in every aspect, and geez he didn't know he would love falling asleep (and generally sleeping) and waking up in Minho's arms that much. 

 

One day, Minho did a surprise sleepover at Taemin's place, even if he almost lives there. He was waiting for the younger to come home after his schedule and prepared a lovely movie night. He brought some movies along with Taemin's favorite Ice cream, Popcorn, some other snacks, and drinks. No alcohol because Minho knew exactly how the younger doesn't tolerate alcohol after a long and with high probability tiring day, even if the Maknae wouldn't admit it.

As Minho heard how someone entered the Password for the door, he immediately turned off the lights and hid behind the sofa. While he was patiently waiting, he heard tired food steps entering the apartment. Shortly after this Minho heard the door and some other noises. In his head popped an image up, how Taemin took off his shoes. Taemin stepped into the hack of the one shoe and pulled his foot out of it. He did the same with the other. The younger didn't put his shoes down properly but left them as he had taken them off.

Again footsteps and another door. Minho smiled slightly. Taemin wouldn't change his routine, it wouldn't matter how tired he was. The older boy knew exactly that Taemin walked into the little room where his closet was, probably putting down his jacket and got some clothes for changing. As Minho heard again the door and footsteps, he jumped out from his hiding position. "Surprise!" screamed Minho in joy. Taemin looked up in surprise. "Hyung!" He immediately smiled and instantly forgot the stress he had today. Minho walked towards the younger. Taemin laid his clothes for changing on the bar chair. "I prepared a Movie night. Just the two of us and some good movies." Minho said while hugging the younger. Taemin returned the hug while laying his arms around Minho's waist and his head on Minho's shoulder. "This sounds good, but I am not sure if I will survive this." the younger mumbled. Minho, who was breaking the hug, looked with concern at his boyfriend.

"Taeminnie, are you okay?" 

The younger sighed. "I am having a headache and I am nauseous." "Should I go to the pharmacy and get you something?" Taemin smiled. "No, it's okay." "Did you eat something?" Minho asked the younger, still concerned. "Only some snacks between my schedule." "Huh? Are you doing this stupid diet again?" Taemin lays his hands on the shoulder of his boyfriend. "Minho. Calm down." "How can I calm down, when you are doing such a stupid diet. It's good when you care about your health but not starving yourself." Minho was worried about Taemin and Taemin kind of loved it. "First of all. No, I am not doing this and before you are asking, yes I did drink enough water. I overslept today, so there was no time for breakfast and I had barely time for eating anything, running from one meeting to another. Also, I didn't sleep well last night. I guess the headache is because of the lack of sleeping and the nausea is because I didn't eat." Minho sighed. "Is it bad?" Taemin was confused. "I mean your headache and the nausea. Is it bad?" Taemin shook his head. "It's bearable. Maybe it will be better after I showered." Minho hugged the younger once again. "Go shower. I'll make you something to eat." Taemin smiled, kissed the older, and grabbed his things for changing after the shower. 

 

While Taemin was showering, Minho put all of the snacks in one of the cabinets, placed the films with the others, and started the Spotify app on TV.  He logged into his account and played some random songs.

It didn't take long for Minho to finish the ramen and shortly after, Taemin returned from the bathroom. "Taemin! Did you feel better?" "Not really. I feel really exhausted." Minho chuckled. "Let's eat something first and then we can go to sleep." "But that's kinda unhealthy to sleep after eating." Taemin smiled as he saw the food. "At least let's just sit down and do nothing." 

 

After they had eaten, both sat on the couch, cuddling and talking about the day. Taemin mostly telling Minho about the schedules he had today, how tired he was to talk again and again about the same things with the producers because they won't understand him, how tired he was, that no one (except a few people he works with for quite a long time) appreciates his hard work and how tired he was to explain everything he wants to do. 

Minho smiled. He knew how hard Taemin worked for everything. If someone seems to obviously try to slow him down in his flow or sabotage him, Taemin would be clearly pissed and wouldn't even hide it. He would look annoyed, rolling his eyes, marking annoying sounds, and would sound sarcastic as hell, but Minho didn't mind it when Taemin was like this. He liked this side as much as he liked the happy and hyper side. 

 

After a while, Minho noticed that Taemin was about to drift off to sleep, so he stood up, pulled Taemin with him, and walked to the bedroom. As soon as both lay down, Taemin cuddled up to Minho, lay his head on the shoulder of the older, wrap his arm around his waist. Minho put his arms around Taemin, kissing his forehead, and carefully began his hair like he gave him a message. Taemin smiled slightly. "Thanks, Hyung. That feels good," he mumbled as he drifts more and more into dreamland. "Good Night, baby cheese." "Hmm...good...night…" Taemin mumbelt sleepy. Minho smiled and closed his eyes. 

 

On the next day, when Taemin did wake up, he felt better. Much better. His headache and nausea were gone and he rested. He still couldn't believe how he could feel so good in Minho's arms. Every time he felt much lighter, he forgot his problems, his worries, just everything. He only felt happiness. As he realized that he still lay in Minho's arms, he snuggled himself closer and closed his eyes. Minho hugged Taemin closer. Both smiled and felt like Haven.


 

Days later, Taemin prepared a surprise for Minho, in return for the Movie night the older had planned but they had to drop it because Taemin didn't feel well that night. He was very excited in the morning but when he opened the curtains he got a little bit sad. It was rainy and wouldn't stop all day, so he decided to postpone it. In the afternoon, Taemin was watching the sky, still full of hope that it would stop raining. As two arms wrapped around him from behind he smiled. "Why are you looking so sad at the sky?" Minho asked. "Nothing. I am a little bit sad that it is raining all day." "It's winter, Taemin. What did you expect? Sunshine and warm weather?" Taemin sigh. "No. I just don't like it." He turned around in Minho's arms, smiling at him and hugging him afterward. "Do you want to watch a movie? We still have our Movie night open." Minho was about to break the hug. "Can we stay a little longer like this?" asked Taemin the older. Minho smiled. "Sure." Both standing at the window, hugging each other and enjoying the warmth. "Did you know that I sometimes kind of miss you? We have so much to do now, preparing stuff, being on the road all day, heading from one schedule to another. Sometimes I just miss staying at home with you, cuddling, maybe watching some movies, or just enjoying time with you." Minho felt good when he heard this from his boyfriend. He missed this too. Sometimes he just wanted to lay in bed, watching a good movie and spending some quality time with Taemin. "Hey. No time to be sad today and talking about what we want to do. We have some free time. Let's use this." Minho pulled Taemin with him on the sofa and the TV. "Let's watch some Movie's." Minho laid one arm around Taemin and pulled him closer. Taemin laid his head on Minho's shoulder and got comfort. "We have to do this more often," Taemin said. Minho agreed. Both enjoyed this moment. They felt good and satisfied. 

 

Some days later the weather was better. Taemin spend the last days watching, forecast after forecast, checking multiple websites to make sure there will be good weather. He prepared everything for a nice little picnic before they would drive to his parents for the weekend. Two cans of soda and juice, multiple fruits they like, and Sandwiches. Taemin was surprised that he could prepare everything in secret. He put the basket with the groceries in the luggage space along with a blanket and went back to his place. Not long after this, Minho arrived and greeted his boyfriend. "Hey, Taemin. I'll change quickly and then we can start." "Okay." Both shared a short kiss and Minho did change quickly. "Are you ready?" he asked the younger. Taemin nodded. Both grab their things for the night and head down to the parking lot and Taemin's car. Both placed their things on the backseat. Taemin drove and after some minutes Minho got confused. Taemin drove in the opposite direction. "Yah Taemin-ah. Isn't it the opposite direction to your parent's house?" Taemin nodded. "Yes, but before we went there I wanted to show you something." It took Taemin 30 minutes to drive and when they arrived Minho had no clue. "Where are we?" Minho asked. Taemin parked the car, went to the luggage space, and took the basket with the blanket. "And what is this?" "Don't ask anything for now. Just follow me. I'll answer your questions in a bit."  Taemin starts walking, Minho follows. Only two minutes later they arrived. "Surprise." Taemin said. "Wow." He whispered, but now Minho was even more confused. "I prepared a picnic for us." "For what?" "I wanted to do something in return for the Movie Night." Minho smiled and kissed Taemin. "You are too cute." They laid the blanket on the ground and sat on it. Taemin placed the basket in the middle and started to put out the things. "Fruits, Soda, Juice, and Sandwiches? How long do you want to stay here?" Minho asked with curiosity. "Just a little bit." The younger smiled. Taemin Handed Minho one Can of Soda and opened his. Also, Minho opened his Can. "Cheers." Taemin said and took a sip. They eat some fruits and sometimes they feed each other. "I feel like I am in one of those dating films." Taemin laughed. "Yeah, but this feels better because it's real and not a movie." Taemin kissed Minho. He sighed happily and started watching the view. Also, Minho smiled at this view. Seeing the NSeoul Tower far away, all the cars on the street, the city that seems really busy just by looking at it with this calm atmosphere around them and that sunset makes a beautiful view. "Do you remember when we called each other on SHINee anniversary?" Minho nodded. "I told you that I am in my favorite place, enjoying some street food." "Yes, I remember this." Taemin smiled. "This is the place I was talking about." Taemin was looking at Minho. "You know, whenever I have time I come here, enjoying the silence and forgetting all of my worries and stress. On that day I promised myself that I will come here with you and show you my favorite place." Minho smiled and kissed his boyfriend. "Thank you for showing me this place." Taemin laid his head on Minho's shoulder. Both really enjoyed this moment and they feel like they forget any worries they had for some minutes. "Did your parents know that we are a couple?" Minho asked. Taemin heard that Minho was slightly worried. "Not really. When you were still in the Military and I realized that I am in love with you and never really got interested in girls, I talked to my parents and family." "Why did you never tell me?" "You never asked and it wasn't a topic for us until now." "And how did they react?" "They were really acceptable, also Hyung made a joke. They asked me who I loved, so I told them that I love you. To be honest, I was so scared that I started crying for some reason." Minho smiled. "I am glad you talked to them already. I prepared mentally myself for this conversation, I even searched for Hotel for the night in case...you know. In case you don't want to stay there after the convocation." "In case my family doesn't want me around anymore?" Minho nodded. "Yeah, kind of." Taemin smiled. "Luckily we won't need this but I appreciate this. Did you tell your parents about us?" "I tried but you know my dad. Hyung knows it but my dad…. You know he is a hard-working man and I want to talk to my mom and dad at the same time." Taemin's phone started ringing and he smiled. "As we are talking about parents, my mom is calling." he said and showed his phone. Taemin answered and as soon as he ended the call he stood up. "Let's pack everything and start driving. My mom said they are waiting for us and I don't want to let them wait any longer." 

Both pack everything together and start driving to Taemin's parent's house. Minho was a bit worried if they would like and accept him as his son's boyfriend. They welcomed his son and his boyfriend with hugs and Minho felt welcomed and loved by the younger's family. They told him that Minho is like a third son for them from now on and even started to talk casually. Minho knew that he worried too much about this meeting. He was happy to be welcomed and maybe in the future, he could call Taemin's parents as his parents-in-law.