Prologue

Angel

 

__________________________________

 

The world works like this:

 

Every human is born with a guardian angel hovering by their side.

You can't see them, you can't hear them, but you feel them around.

They guide you, they keep an eye on you and they protect you, that's their one and only job.

Beings of light, made by the creator to help us through the hardships of life.

Some say they whisper to you when you most need them, others say they perform miracles to get you out of the way of harm, and many others swore they could feel them at times of need.

Angels ... are the work of God, a gift to humanity, little helpers who get us through the day without us even realizing it.

 

Their world works like this:

 

Angels can see and hear each other, they communicate with each other but only if their human is standing still for a while. Angels follow their humans everywhere they go, never leaving their side. For them to meet each other, is bound to where the human takes them. If you have a best friend, for example, probably your angel and your friend's angel are friends too because they communicate as often as you do with your friend.

As an Angel, life can be a bit worrisome.
 

Their one and only job is to take care of their human. Imagine if one human falls into the cycle of bad habits, drugs, and alcohol for example, and he couldn't find a way out resulting in so many issues and most probably the human's death. What kind of a guardian Angel would you be? You have failed your mission to protect your human.

When a human dies, their souls rise to Heaven, that's when you meet your Angel for the first time, his job continues to the afterlife as well. Your Angel will guide you through your eternal life and help you understand your role in the universe. However, when a human dies and an Angel fails to perform his job, it is said that they perish, not being able to do the one thing they were meant to do, they also ... die.

No matter who you are or where you live, there's always an Angel watching over you ... Always.

A little something that Wonho never believed in, not until that one rainy night.

Wonho is a famous singer and he got it all, the house, the cars, the money, the girls, the fame ... he has everything but why he feels like killing himself? 

Nothing is worth it ... Nothing is worth living for.

All these flashlights and screaming people yelling his name, and nothing make him want to live.

His mother lied to him "I'll be watching over you from up there" she told him 15 years ago on her death bed and he was too young and foolish and he believed her, he didn't even cry when they buried her, he was convinced that she'll come to say hello ... but she never did, maybe it was time he went there to look for her on his own.

Her name was "Angel", sure, she was an angel, she was Wonho's angel. She was there with him every day since the day he was born, right by his side. She would walk wherever he walks, laughs whenever he laughs, and cry whenever he cries. She knew him more than anybody else and she knew the dark moments he was living in.

"Hi you" someone called and she smiled, they were meeting Kihyun today and Kihyun's angel was right there. Kihyun was a good friend and so was his angel, angels communicate remember? 

"How are you doing?" Kihyun's angel asked, she looked at her side and smiled sadly "Barely standing" she mumbled looking at a very radiant and happy Wonho. Kihyun's angel sighed "He looks fine to me"

"That's how he looks to everybody"