i guess it's the end of the road

letting us go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything in Chaeryeong’s house was...dark, when Yuri had decided to come over and visit the brunette girl. For a moment, the hamster girl thought the taxi driver dropped her off at the wrong house the second she slipped out of the vehicle because the house wasn't recognizable when it's all out.

As Yuri stared more at it, she slowly tried to calm herself and told herself that the house wasn't a haunted one but was her friend's.

Afraid to ring the doorbell now, Yuri took her phone out and dialed a number.

"Hello?"

"Yuri-ah? What's up? Why'd you call?"

"Are you with Chaeryeong right now?"

"Uh no, I'm not. I'm home. Why?" Yuri took a step back and stood by the sidewalk, staring at the lackness of light in the house. She felt her heart beating fast out of nowhere.

"I'm outside her house right now and," Yuri said a very faint light coming from the right window on the second floor. "wait, Ryu, where's Chaeryeong's room located?"

Ryujin, the person she's been talking to this whole time, stayed quiet for a long time. "Ryu? Are you still there?" 

"Yuri-ah." Ryujin's voice sounded so...robotic.

"Are all of her lights turned off?"

Yuri almost got surprised with how Ryujin knew about what's she's seeing, but backtracking into memories, Ryujin knew Chaeryeong more than her. She's her girlfriend anyway. "Yeah, all of them."

Yuri squinted to see if that faint light was still there. "But I can see a faint light coming from the right window on the second floor. Do you think I should go and check?”

“Yuri, I think it’s best if you go home for now.”

Sometimes Ryujin wonders if continuing was a good thing.

Sitting on the edge of her bed, Ryujin stared at her phone, Chaeryeong's nickname blaring right before her eyes, her heart beating as fast as every time she feels whenever the brunette appears before her.

Kind of ironic that it now brings fear to her rather than happiness.

She sighed deeply as she continued to stare at her phone.

It was not her first time to hear that Chaeryeong had her lights all turned out.

Actually, she had been in Yuri’s shoes before.

She had seen and experienced first-hand what happens when Chaeryeong goes into this kind of…situation, way back when Chaeryeong had to make a decision whether to come with her mom or continue living with her dad after her parents had gotten a divorce.

Chaeryeong had skipped school for a week and Ryujin had found her locked in her room, staring at her phone with nothing registered in her eyes, her phone only containing a picture of their family.

It was a scene Ryujin never want Chaeryeong to go through again as the sight was too painful to see.

If it was painful for her to see, what more of Chaeryeong who’s going through it?

It’s something Chaeryeong does when she’s thinking about something too…serious or when she’s thinking about doing something serious.

And thinking about their current situation, Ryujin fears that Chaeryeong might be doing this…with their relationship in her mind.

Chaeryeong and her had been…in quite a lot of fights these past few weeks, and had never seen each other after their last fight.

Ryujin abhors the situation she is in right now, with Chaeryeong. One could say that she's overreacting, but she knows she's not. Not when one of them can see the end of the road while the other acts like she doesn't.

It made Ryujin tremble when she recalled what were their last words for each other, her hold on her phone getting tighter and tighter as every second pass.

“Then let’s just waste all of those memories we have together if we’re going to just throw this away!” It all rang in Ryujin’s ears when those words had been said and she had processed the anger in Chaeryeong’s eyes. 

“How fast are you to think that?? All of those memories, those joy, those laughs, THAT happiness, you’re going to throw all of that just because we’re falling apart now?” The older between the two watched as the other stepped back, pushed back her hair and stared at her like she’s didn’t understand anything that she said.

“Because that’s where it all s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter