Dayeon

TWICE ONE-SHOT

It was a fine afternoon. Dahyun is on her usual routine, doing her work peacefully while letting her newly brewed coffee to cool off.

Not until it was disturbed by her friend, Nayeon. The loudest and cheerful friend of hers. It was different this time

"Dahyun..." Nayeon started.

Nayeon looked so haggard. Her face was painted with sorrow. Her hair is tangled, like she didn't brush for a week. She has a tear-stained on her cheeks. Dry lips. Trembling hands.

Dahyun stood up almost instantly at the view of her friend's misery. She cupped Nayeon's cheeks and caress her face using her tiny thumb.

"What's wrong? Are you okay bunny? Who hurt you?" Dahyun asked with full of concern.

"Dahyun..." was the only word that Nayeon could mutter.

Dahyun didn't hesitate to embrace the older girl.

"I'm here Bunny."

They stayed in that position for a couple of minutes. Just enough to let the heavy heart be melted through the hug.

"Now, tell me what's wrong Unnie. Did someone tried to hurt you? You looked like a mess" Dahyun said in a very low and lovingly like she's talking to someone who's very fragile.

Nayeon still hold Dahyun's closer  snuggling on the pale girl's neck. Sniffing her to somehow calm her down as she enjoys Dahyun's hand combing her hair.

"What happened to your hair?" Dahyun combing the older girl's hair soothingly.

"I ran from my home to yours"

"Why? You could have used your bike or walked, why did you run?"

"Dahyun.. I'm fine, I was just worried. And I... I'm sorry." Nayeon replied.

Dahyun pulled away. And look at Nayeon very confused.

"Unnie. What for? You didn't do anything offensive to me. Or did you do something behind my back?"

"No. Never. I could never do that to you. Ever."

"I know Bunny. You love me that much I think" as Dahyun placed a small kiss on the older girl's forehead.

"Wanna hang out today?" Nayeon changing the topic and mood.

Dahyun just chuckled lightly at how smooth it is.

Though still curious at Nayeon's apology, she let it go, knowing that she can't and won't force Nayeon to tell her something she's uncomfortable to.

"I have to many work here today. How about, I finished this while you play with my Switch and I'll join you later"

Nayeon nodded and get the switch in Dahyun's cabinet.

It was arranged by color, all work attires are ironed. Of course, Nayeon did a nice job folding and sorting everything after all.

Nayeon played a little loud while laying on Dahyun's bed.

Dahyun couldn't take all of Nayeon's grunt and cuteness anymore and lay beside Nayeon.

"My turn"

They played, laughed too hard, talk about random things, reminicing the past. From high school days, past relationship, dissing their previous enemy.

"I remember when Tzu said..." Dahyun was cut off when Nayeon's mood changed again and started to froze.

Dahyun knows now. The atmosphere becomes heavy and sour. It came to her as well.

"Is it about her? Is she the reason why you came here looking like that?" Dahyun smiles at her friend teary face, not noticing that she is starting to cry as well.

"Yes..." too silent for Nayeon's usual loud voice.

"You know and apologized on her behalf?"

Nayeon nodded. Dahyun is that smart to connect all the dots. Like how Dahyun connected everything to end up on her fate right now

A sudden realization hits Nayeon that broke her more. Broken for her friend.

"Wait. So, did you know about it? Since when?" Nayeon face fell and are now filled with worry and sympathy for the other.

"Of course, I know. I am the one that allowed that. I let her meet with Sana again." Dahyun wipes her face. Her vision is getting all blurry.

"Dahyun.." Nayeon can't find the right words to say and could only wish for Dahyun's happiness.

"I know you told me before to not let Tzuyu settle their past issues, but I trusted her. I thought she might need closure to leave no regrets in the future. But I was wrong. It was the beginning of my own regrets today. And you deserves to say to me now that 'I told you so'" Dahyun laughed painfully. Feeling another river to flow.

Tzuyu and Dahyun were girlfriends for 3 years. Dahyun was there when Tzuyu and Sana broke up. Little did she know, she'll also be a bridge for them to reunite again even if it means breaking herself in the process.

Dahyun is that strong. But deep inside Nayeon knows that strong people needs to be weak sometimes to come back, greater than before. And Nayeon wants to be there for her.

"I told you. First Love never dies."

"A mere quote that I finally proved right personally. It never dies because If it did then, you go along die with it"

"But you can love stronger than the first one."

Dahyun looked at her. Then to the unattended pile of work and now the cold brewed untouched coffee..

"Despite of the pain, I'm still happy for her. I am happy that she's happy and settled now. Love can make you feel things like that"

"Yeah.. I even cried and felt my heart shatter too when she did"

 But Dahyun never heard of the last sentence.

-------

A/N: A very short story. Sorry for the grammatical error and lack of story lines. It just pop up on my head and never proof read it