You - MIHYUN

TWICE ONE-SHOT

This is all in Mina's POV

 

Never in my life would I thought that someone as great as “Kim Dahyun” would fall for me.

 

During our high school days, we were called the north-south couple. It wasn’t bad, I actually find it cute and true.

 

We were the complete opposite of each other but still somehow get attached no matter how you tried to separate them. Like magnets. Like the sub-atomic particles, electrons and protons.

 

I am quite rich, honestly speaking. My father was a surgeon and my mother is a very known lawyer in Japan, my grandfather owns a famous paint that is widely used in different parts of the world.

 

Yet, I was a stubborn child. I left my family to go on my own way. I wanted to travel. I wanted to be independent. They didn’t like my idea. They cut-off their support until I get back. Little did they know, my father helped me behind their back.

 

However, you, you are one of the elites, out of our leagues, gifted since birth with power and money. With a politician father.

 

It is not new to you that almost all of the student detests your father, including me.

 

He abuses his power too much. He had too many scandals left and right. But people just can’t dethrone him just like that.

 

I even cursed you when I first knew who your father is. I judged you and even tried to cause you harm. You were all smiles back then. You let me vent out all my anger towards your father.

 

The moment I realized that you are nothing like him, I regretted it. I felt guilty. But you hugged me and says that you understand. That I do not need to worry or feel guilty. That you were used to it.

 

You were very different, you were actually loved by all, especially by me.

 

I was called the cold-hearted while you were the sunshine girl.

 

You always give your precious and contagious smile to whomever. You make us laugh. You tried to comfort everyone who you thinks needed it.

 

Maybe that was one of the reasons that you were drawn to me, because II was helpless most of the time and you stood by me. Holding my hands, making everything better.

 

I was labelled as the school rebel, trouble maker, but you never looked at me that way. You always see the good in me.

 

You often see me in detention. You sit beside me to accompany me though you did nothing wrong. The teachers let you do anything; they fear to defy you.

 

You can even bail me out there, but chooses not to. You believe in justice, you explained. I understand, I even loved that side of you.

 

I remember how you laughed on how can someone who is as soft and quiet as me caused a lot of troubles.  Well, I am indeed a quiet person but no, I am not soft as you think I am, you are just an exemption. My only exemption.

 

You tilted your head up with eyes closed. You have the most serene face I have ever looked upon. My heart beats automatically fasten it paces at how beautiful you are. Then, you suddenly told me that “If I was called the sunshine then you can be the moonlight. You know, you light up even at the dark.”

 

I laughed at you. You open your eyes and faced me seriously, “You are my moonlight, Minari”

 

I blushed so hard and hide my face under the desk. I shook my head, scoff in disbelief and tried to pretend to be sleeping.

 

I heard you sigh. “But you indeed are my light whenever it gets too dark” you said in an almost whisper. But I heard it clearly.

 

Later that night, I realized that you are right. I am the moon, but you must know that the moon does not light up alone. It needed the sun like how I needed you. Maybe we really do need each other.

 

I did pray to always shine. That there’s no point in your life that will be too dark. I’ll be there. I’ll show you light like how you always do. I desire to do the same with you.

 

I like isolating myself while you were a social butterfly.

 

I never showed any affection, not because I don’t like it but I don’t know how. But somehow, with you, I always wanted to show you how much you meant to me each day.

 

You were clingy with me and your friends but never fails to assure me that I am the only one you love.

 

Momo is one of your best friends. I knew she kind of hated me, in some way. She liked you but you liked me. I did not intend it, but I won’t let go of you either.

 

I knew she was more pretty and ier than me.

 

I knew she could protect you with all her might.

 

I knew she would buy you all the things I couldn’t buy.

 

I knew she’s always better than everything that I am.

 

You knew I was insecure; You did not at all distance yourself to Momo. I am glad you did not anyway. She was the best.

 

I cannot bear to take anything or anyone precious from your life. Just because I am not feeling enough for you.

 

“Someone will always be better for me,” You hushed me by placing your index finger on my mouth before I could even say anything.

 

I can feel my tears wanting to fall. I thought you’d break us up.

 

“Let me finish Love. Please” You said so softly. Before you removed your finger and replaced it with your sweet mouth. It was only for a second but I felt the time stopped.

 

You let your forehead on mine as you speak once again.

 

You cleared your throat, “As I was saying, someone will always be better for me, like how someone will always be better than me for you. But that is not a problem because at the end of the day, our love story will all depend on our choice to choose each other despite of any circumstances.”

 

You leaned out to place a kiss on my forehead.

 

“And no matter what, I’ll always choose you my Love”

 

I nodded. Agreeing to whatever you said. I’ll keep on choosing you, you are my first and last option.

 

I always skipped school and you were an ace.

 

The one thing that I liked about you is that you never pushed me to do something like going to school but rather tried to show me what I will be missing out when I skipped without offending me.

 

You showed me a bigger picture of how our life could be in the future. So, I did my best in school in order to fulfill that.

 

You wish to have a domestic life.

 

I wish to have a future with you in it.

 

“Then, let’s be domestic together in the future” You proposed

 

We were too young, but dreaming is one of our hobbies. We found nothing wrong with it.

 

I was a little bit clumsy and you were part of the archery team.

 

You brought honor and medals for our school but always say that it was because I was there. Of course, I’d be there. I am always your biggest supporter. And I will always be proud of you.

 

I know and felt that you were proud of me too. But I like to show it to you with a physical evidence.

 

I joined the school’s dance team. I used my skills as a ballerina to get in.

 

Your eyes tell me that you were happy for me. You never fail to visit me every practice, you even stayed during late night practices.

 

 

Your massages are great.

 

You anticipate and watch every performance.

 

“You did great Minari! You are the best out there” You said while continuously kissing my cheeks while embracing me tightly.  I was too red but you failed to notice that because of the disco lights shining through our stage.

 

“How about your best friend?” I asked you while I snuggled in your neck. With no any other intention.

 

“Well, you and Momo are the best! Actually, your whole team is!” You said in full excitement which caused me to giggle.

 

Your affections may be the greatest reward I could get.

 

I had some experiences while you have none.

 

To be honest, I’ve gone through blind dates a lot, sleeps with some. I knew you were saddened to hear that, but it will be unfair if I lied. I faced my embarrassed past and told you about it, I didn’t go to details. It will be too much for you.

 

You smiled warmly and traced my frowned mouth.

 

“It’s fine” I do not know if you were trying to convince me or yourself.

 

I knew you are hurt that someone had already touched me. I felt it. I was hurt too.

 

I was your first at everything and wanted to be your last.

 

I also wanted that.

 

You were so perfect.

 

Too good for me.

 

“Mina, let’s move in together” you said

 

I was taken aback. It scared the hell out of me.

 

That was brave of you. You were so ready to take the next level.

 

Sadly, I was not.

 

So, I left you wondering what you did wrong. I left without any warning.

 

I left with a mind thinking you deserve better. I cannot let someone as great as Kim Dahyun to fall for someone like Myoui Mina.

 

For some people’s eyes, it might just be a phase we need to go through. A mere puppy love.  But you are my greatest love Dahyun.

 

I thrived hard during college days alone in Japan. I ought that I will take you back again.

 

That I will be someone who will be worthy of “Kim Dahyun”.

 

But who am I kidding…

 

After 8 years, I got back in Korea in hope to finally show you who I’d become. It did happen.

 

But you are already engaged.

 

AN: Lame.. But was thinking of making this a multi-chapter story.. What do you think?