My Angel (DATZU)

TWICE ONE-SHOT

It was a beautiful night for Dahyun, strolling around the Banpo Bridge just like how she does every night. Looking up at the sky, filled with shining stars and a full and glowing moon. This was Dahyun’s favorite past time. However, today seems to be different.

 

Dahyun notice a red luxurious car, parked at the side of the Bridge. It was not unusual for her. In fact, she got used to this scene for how many times already but it didn’t stop her from being curious.

 

As Dahyun got a closer look. She was awestruck with the tall lady which she guessed is the owner of the parked car. She looked so elegant in her makeup and beige long dress, Dahyun also assumed that she just came from a formal party. Her eyes are shut and inhaling the cold air a little bit loud.

 

“She must be tired” Dahyun thought.

 

Dahyun tried to inspect the girl a little bit more. Stunning. It is the word that came up with Dahyun’s mind as she notes every feature of her. The scent from the girl is quite alluring but since it was mixed with alcohol, Dahyun is not impressed.

 

“You must be one of God’s favorite design” Dahyun blurted out. However, the other girl did not even move from her position a bit. Dahyun had expected this. She’s not asking for a conversation anyway.

 

Dahyun would typically ignore this type of event but there’s something about this girl that made her stay by her side. At least, for now. So, she leaned on the railings and watching the girl doing nothing.

 

A few minutes later, the tall girl suddenly utter a word, using her voice that is soft yet shaky. “Mom… Dad… Can you hear me?”. Wishing for something, a response maybe. The girl opened her eyes just to make the escape her eyes.

 

“They can’t. But I am here. I can lend you an ear” Dahyun offered though the girl isn’t even looking at her.

 

“Why do good people needed to be the one who left this world first?” Tzuyu said while crying. She did not even care about her eye makeup being ruined. Dahyun looked upward to where the younger is looking, trying to know the answers as well.

 

“Most of their lives are invested on helping people around them yet… betrayal is what they get. Now, I did what I have to do and I still get hate by the people I trusted before! I hate how this world runs” Tzuyu said in all anger and pain in her heart. Dahyun just nodded in response, she gets it.

 

“Did Tzuyu became a good girl too?” The girl whispered while climbing the railings of the bridge. Dahyun assumed it might be the girl’s name.

 

“Based from your look, you seem to be a good girl with a drinking problem” Dahyun wanted to laugh at her own stupid joke but decided to keep a straight face.

 

“Will I see mom and dad? Will I be able to left this world too?” Tzuyu said, wiping her tears away.

 

“N---”

 

Before Dahyun could say it, Tzuyu closed her eyes again and let herself fall from the bridge with a heavy current. Dahyun sighed, stayed sane and just shook her head.

 

“Dahyun, what are you doing? Fetch her.” A friend of Dahyun suddenly appeared while giving her a knowing look.

 

“It’s her choice unnie. Maybe this is what she wants. To stop experiencing the unfair world”

 

“This is not what she needs Dahyun. You know that. Go now before it’s too late”

 

“Okay. Fine.” Just like that, Dahyun also jumps from the bridge and saved the girl from her miserable life.

----------

Tzuyu miraculously survived that day from drowning herself out with the help of Dahyun. They had become close as well. More like, Dahyun clinging to Tzuyu for weeks now though she was pushed away. Whenever Tzuyu goes, Dahyun is there following.

 

“I don’t even know you woman! Stay away! Geez!” Tzuyu stated angrily. Slightly angry. Walking faster so the shorter girl could not keep up. But at some point, Tzuyu felt a little relieved at the pale woman’s presence every time, she felt less lonely.

 

“I told you for the nth time. I’m Dahyun. Kim Dahyun!” The older girl yelled catching the pace of Tzuyu.

 

“And so? Saving me once doesn’t mean I could be your friend!” Tzuyu said but not too loud since they are on the road, she just made sure that her tone is enough for the other girl to see she’s pissed.

 

“Leave me alo---” Tzuyu is so immersed that she didn’t notice a car passing by at a fast speed. Thankfully, Dahyun had pulled her away and hugged the girl to feel protected.

 

“Well, I did save you twice now. Does it mean, I could be your friend?” Dahyun whispered in her ear while smiled widely. Leaving the younger silently nodding under the warm embrace of Dahyun, scared for her life but at the same time fluttered.

 

This has become the start of it all. The start of Tzuyu’s being confused at her fast heartbeat and start of Dahyun’s possible worry in the future. And both of them disregarded that, and will try to figure it out slowly.

----------

Dahyun had learned a lot about Tzuyu. Small and Big details, from Tzuyu’s likes and dislikes, to Tzuyu’s past life, Dahyun notes all of it inside her head. Not letting anything to be missed out.

 

It turns out that the day they met, is the day the Chou’s family business was passed unto her since her parents died a month before that. However, most of her relatives are envious and hated her for that. It’s not like Tzuyu liked to be a CEO at an early age rather than having her parents besides her. Tzuyu just thinks that the world was unfair and Dahyun agrees.

 

On the other hand, Dahyun is still a mystery to Tzuyu. Dahyun had never mentioned anything about her except her name and a couple of TMI’s from the day they met. But, never did Tzuyu pushed it as well because she doesn’t want to force Dahyun to say anything she’s not comfortable with.

 

So, when Dahyun had finally said something crucial. All of Tzuyu’s attention was diverted into her. As if her life depends on it. Dahyun chuckles at the gesture.

 

“Anyway, as I was saying, if you are free, I could let you meet my friend Jeongyeon. She’s the one who told me to jump and rescue you” Dahyun smiled brightly causing Tzuyu’s heart to be melted over and over again.

 

“Of course. It would be my honor to meet one of your friends. I was surprise I wasn’t the only one” Tzuyu teased and successfully earning a scoff from the older girl.

 

“Hey! I have a lot of friends too! It’s just that… Nevermind”

 

Tzuyu wanted to smack Dahyun for leaving out an important part. But never ask about it either. Tzuyu believes that Dahyun had a lot of friends, knowing her personality, it is very impossible that no one dared to stay by her side. Because Tzuyu does.

 

“So, when will I meet this Jeongyeon? You know, I’m free whenever.” Tzuyu asked. Maybe this is enough for today, little by little she’ll know who Dahyun is.

 

“Do you want it now? I’ll let you meet someone too in additional”

 

“Additional?” Tzuyu curiously asked. Dahyun’s other friends? Sibling? Parents? Whatever, as long as it is connected with Dahyun, she’s glad.

 

Dahyun just smiled and offered her soft and warm hands which Tzuyu wholeheartedly accepts with any hesitation. Even if they’ll go into the most dangerous place, as long as Dahyun’s hand is there to hold hers then she’ll walk there without fear.

 

They are currently standing in front of a mansion, quite bigger than the one’s Tzuyu’s current place. The one who owns this must be an acquittance since rich people tend to meet at some point in business gatherings. But Tzuyu can’t remember any Jeongyeon’s.

 

“Does Jeongyeon, lives here?” Tzuyu asked. Dahyun nodded while busy texting on her phone. Perhaps, letting Jeongyeon knows that they are outside.

 

“Miss Kim! What are you doing there outside? Come on in” A maid suddenly called them out who just came out to throw some trash.

 

“I am waiting for Jeongyeon-unnie. Is she there?” Dahyun politely and brightly asked.

 

“Yes, but she is currently grooming Bomb and Nanan so it could be for a while. Come inside and I’ll prepare some chocolate drinks for you and your friend while waiting” The maid offered, making the gate open more widely.

 

“Ah! If you don’t mind, can you make her a coffee, she prefers it more” Dahyun requested shyly. Making Tzuyu’s heart warmer again. She can’t help to fall for someone like Kim Dahyun.

 

The maid smiled and nodded. Dahyun then took again Tzuyu’s hand and letting the maid guide them inside the mansion’s living room.

 

They settled themselves at the spacious living room. Leaving small to no gap between them on the couch.

 

“Are you uncomfortable Tzu? We could go home if you are” Dahyun worriedly asked and squeezes Tzuyu’s hand on hers

 

“No. I just wanted to be close to you as possible.”

 

A few minutes, a step was heard from the stairway, so the two looked up. But it wasn’t Jeongyeon. It was a man, maybe the same age as them, tall, handsome, had a box-shaped smile, he is in a casual and looking expensive suit. And he is more familiar in Tzuyu’s eyes.

 

“Dahyun-ah, you’re here. Looking for Jeongyeon? Or Jennie? Oh, you have a friend with you” The man stated as he continues to walk towards them.

 

“Jennie? Is this the additional person that Dahyun wanted me to meet? Is she someone special to her?”  Tzuyu thought. It was also the first time Tzuyu had heard that Dahyun knows someone with this name. Something inside her is not feeling well, especially how the man teases Dahyun with that name. Tzuyu just letting her grip on Dahyun’s hand firmer.

 

“V! I am here for Jeongyeon-unnie.” The two stood up as Dahyun bowed at him and Tzuyu did the same

 

“Ah. Where are my manners. V, this is Tzuyu. Tzuyu, this is Taehyung or V!” Dahyun letting them say Hi to each other before leaning towards Tzuyu to whisper something “He is the one I wanted you to meet”

 

“You looked familiar. Have we met before?” Taehyung asked the taller girl. Squinting his eyes and tilting his head, trying to remember her.

 

“You look familiar as well. But I am not sure where, maybe at the gatherings?” Tzuyu emotionlessly answered. V just nodded.

 

“Maybe. What’s your surname? Maybe I’ll recognize you from there”

 

“Chou. I’m Chou Tzuyu” Tzuyu introducing herself again to the man. She’s not sure if she should since she is here to meet Dahyun’s close friend and not for business purposes.

 

“Oh. The newly assigned CEO. I’m Kim Taehyung. We are one of your business partners. I guess we’ll meet more often then, since my parents are making me to take over our company as well” Then V Is offering his hand for a handshake which Tzuyu hesitantly accepts since she got to let go of Dahyun’s first.

 

“V, I am do--- Dahyun!?” A woman interrupted as she appeared out of nowhere. The girl rushed into them.

 

I’m sorry. I didn’t know Dahyun would be here again” The woman bowed at V

 

V smiled, “Hey, it’s okay Jeongyeon noona. She’s also a friend and she is welcome here always. Besides, if Jennie comes down, she’d be very happy”

 

“Oh. So, that’s Jeongyeon. And why the heck would that Jennie be happy to see my Dahyun unnie?” Tzuyu notes.

 

“Hi. I’m Tzuyu. Dahyun’s friend. Nice to meet you” Tzuyu introduced herself to Jeongyeon and bowed 90 degrees at her. She’s not usually like this, but maybe, important people for Dahyun could be an exemption.

 

Jeongyeon was startled for a moment. “Hi. I’m Jeongyeon. Nice to meet you as well.” And paid the same respect like the younger.

 

“Can I take them outside? We’ll just talk. I’m done with the dogs and cats too”

 

As they got V’s permission. Jeongyeon dragged Dahyun outside and Tzuyu followed silently.

 

The three are in the garden. Tzuyu letting the two bickers at the sudden visit.

 

“I did text you though. Besides, I really wanted you to meet Tzuyu!” Dahyun defended, painting a pink blush on Tzuyu’s tan face.

 

“You wanted to meet her as well, right?” Dahyun added while looking directly at the nodding Tzuyu.

 

“Fine. So, Tzuyu, does this little brat making you happy?” Jeongyeon asked directly. Tzuyu widened her eyes, not expecting this kind of straightforwardness. But still nodded her head

 

“Very much” Looking at Dahyun after saying this is a bad idea for her heart because of how she caught Dahyun to stare at her with a very satisfied and loving eyes, the beat of heart fastens abnormally.

 

“You are doing a very good job then!” Jeongyeon playfully ruins Dahyun’s hair that starts another friendly fight with the two. Tzuyu smiled, satisfied again at the sight.

 

Tzuyu learned that Jeongyeon is also a worker in the Kim’s household for months, almost the same month that she met the pale girl. She also learned the cute friendly relationship Jeongyeon and Dahyun have, they are like sisters.

 

“So, where did you two came from?” Tzuyu bluntly asked. This caused the two to stop messing each other’s hair.

 

“Hey, Tzu, Are you hungry? Let me grab us something to eat.” Jeongyeon offered and quickly run towards inside the mansion. Leaving a very nervous Dahyun with ger. It was weird for Tzuyu but could only sigh in disappointment from gaining no information again about Dahyun.

 

“I know you are curious, and I’d like to tell you everything you’d like to know, but not now. You can still trust me, right?” Dahyun look deep down inside Tzuyu’s soul. A hint of sadness was shown into Dahyun’s eye in which Tzuyu never wanted to see ever again

 

“Of course, unnie. I’ll wait. Even if it takes forever.” Tzuyu assures the older girl.

 

“But I won’t be here forever” Dahyun said bitterly in an almost inaudible sound that even the attentive Tzuyu had failed to catch.

 

Jeongyeon came back with a tray, it has biscuits and a teapot on it. With a girl on her side that is quite smaller than her. The girl dashes towards Dahyun as soon as her eyes landed on her and straddle on Dahyun’s lap.

 

“I missed you Dahyun, you will sleep here again tonight, right?” The girl is pouting at the giggling Dahyun which causes Tzuyu’s jaw to clench. She wanted to push away the girl but out of courtesy, she won’t.

 

“Yes, Jennie-unnie.” Dahyun smiled brightly at her.

 

“So, this is Jennie? Tsk. I’m more beautiful than this girl, and a lot taller” Tzuyu rolled her eyes at the thought but can’t helped to feel upset and sad that she’s losing at this Jennie.

 

The whole day, Tzuyu and Jennie battled to get Dahyun’s attention. But Dahyun did not read the atmosphere and assumed that both are just kind to her.

 

“I’ll let my driver drive you home, so let Dahyun stay here now” Jennie said then commanded the driver to guide Tzuyu to the car.

 

“No. Dahyun brought me here, so she should bring me back home. Right, Dahyun?”

 

Just before Dahyun could answer, Jennie interrupted.

 

“No. She’ll stay. Right, Dahyun?”

 

Both are looking at her expectantly.

 

“Sorry Unnie. I have to make sure Tzuyu is safe and happy. I have to go” Dahyun looked at Jennie, apologetically. Tzuyu smiled victoriously.

 

“Be back after”

 

“Let’s see” Tzuyu answered for Dahyun then grabbed Dahyun’s wrist to started to walk. The driver asked for a ride but Tzuyu refuses.

 

When they got home, Dahyun was about to leave again but Tzuyu did not let go of their hands.

 

“Stay unnie. Stay with me” Tzuyu pleaded. Dahyun can’t refuse, not when Tzuyu is looking cute and vulnerable at the same time.

 

“But I told Jennie that I will sleep beside her tonight” Dahyun said in a soft voice.

 

“But you also promise me that you will make sure that I am happy. Having you by my side is what makes me happy. That means, you should stay” Tzuyu backfired. This leads Dahyun not say anything but to agree. She did mention that, and she did never want to break that promise.

 

Lying beside Dahyun with her pajamas on the older girl, on one bed is not what Tzuyu imagined she’ll experience, at least not for now. She thinks that she’s taking their relationship fast. But Dahyun does the same to Jennie, so Tzuyu bravely asks, “What is Jennie to you?”

 

“A friend” Dahyun was quick to answer.

 

“Just like me. Just your friend” Tzuyu thinks

 

“Why are you sleeping together then?” Tzuyu prepared her heart for a worst possible answer she might hear. This could bring her peace, worry, or heartbreak.

 

“Well, I don’t have any house to go to. So, I stay there. Sometimes, I slept besides Jeongyeon-unnie and sometimes with Jennie-unnie” Dahyun said.

 

Tzuyu was shocked with the news. “Wait! You don’t have a home? And you didn’t even tell me about that? You could have stayed here!!” with a little loud voice.

 

“That would be too much if I asked that”

 

“No, it isn’t! Why would helping you be too much?” Tzuyu’s voice is getting higher.

 

“I am fine there. I promise” Dahyun reassures and hold Tzuyu’s hand. Calming the younger.

 

“But I am not! Especially if that Jennie is there!” Tzuyu said in the back of her mind.

 

“But still, I want you to stay here with me. Make me the happiest by staying here.”

 

“Okay” Dahyun responded. It is the best thing Tzuyu had heard for today.

 

They talked about random things with the random question with the random answers. They love each other’s weirdness.

 

“Are you a good person Unnie?” Tzuyu randomly asked

 

“You’d be a judge of that. Am I a good person Tzu?” Dahyun answered while laughing but Tzuyu kept a straight face.

 

“I hope you are not”

 

“Why is that? Don’t you want to have a good people around you?”

 

“It’s just that good people always left me behind. I don’t want you to do the same”

 

“I am here. It’s what matters” Dahyun responds, not knowing how much time she had left.

 

It was past midnight when both of them had fell asleep. Hands are intertwined in between their faces. Dahyuns leg are linking on Tzuyu’s legs. It was peaceful, but both animals in their hearts are in chaos inside.

----------

This has become their set-up every night.

 

While in every morning passed, Tzuyu had also a secret routine, she would always wake up first. Stare at Dahyun for a couple of minutes, stealing light kisses, or tracing the older girl’s face.

 

Tzuyu could not believe she’d meet someone like Dahyun. A beautiful person, inside and out. It scares her but at the same time it makes her grateful at the universe.

 

Today, Tzuyu decided to trace her unnie’s face though she is pretty sure she had memorized every detail of it.

 

Tzuyu let her fingers to trail Dahyun’s eyebrow, causing Dahyun to groan. She then, goes to the girl’s pointy nose, then to the red and kissable lips. It was sure tempting but Tzuyu hold back with all her might.

 

Her hands went to Dahyun’s ear, making Dahyun giggle unconsciously. The sound she never gets tired of. Then she slows down into Dahyun’s perfect jaw, the reason why the older had a perfect side image. This is the usual path, but something in Tzuyu that made her continue. She traced down Dahyun’s neck. ed the pajama just above the chest, then exposed Dahyun’s milky white collar bone. Tzuyu wants to call the repairman later on, her aircon might not be working well, because she felt very hot inside.

 

Tzuyu admits, she is not the strongest warrior. She does not have best will power on her. She puts her hand on Dahyun’s back and snuggled closer, sniffing the baby scent that Dahyun owns. It was addicting. Tzuyu let her nose to be the one that traces over the shoulder. And touches it with her lips later on back to Dahyun’s neck once again. This had brought Dahyun to make a very low moan.

 

This is so wrong in many levels. But Tzuyu can’t stop herself, not when Dahyun suddenly wraps her hands on Tzuyu’s neck.

 

Tzuyu looked up to see Dahyun still on her sleep. She cupped Dahyun’s cheeks and captured the older girl lips. Thinking of stopping until she felt something responding to it. A kiss to the one she loves.

 

“Tzuyu-ah” Dahyun called into her softly and huskily in between their kisses.

 

This made Tzuyu lose all her insanity. She started to pamper Dahyun’s neck light kisses and on a spot that Dahyun seemed to like.

 

“You have work Tzuyu.” Dahyun told her, holding Tzuyu’s shoulder, calming the girl

 

“I can skip work, it’s not like I’d get fired anyway” Tzuyu wanted to leaned again to kiss the older but she got pushed again lightly.

 

“No. You have to go to work. You can continue this later” Dahyun smiled at her. But Tzuyu hid her face on her palms, realizing what she just had done.

 

“Are you okay Tzuyu? What happen?” Dahyun tried to remove the palms on Tzuyu, she was crying.

 

“You are going now, right? I scared you away. I kissed you while you were sleeping”

 

Dahyun hummed in understanding. But chuckled. Dahyun removed Tzuyu’s hand completely, kissed her the same intensity that Tzuyu was giving her earlier.

 

“I am not going anywhere.” “at least for now” “I did tell you to continue this later. There are people counting on you today, you can’t prioritize me over them, Miss CEO.” Dahyun gave again Tzuyu a peck on the lips.

 

“But I can” Tzuyu pouted.

 

“You can’t. Go on. Take a shower and I’ll prepare a breakfast for you” Dahyun offered.

 

Tzuyu lazily walked towards the shower room. As soon as she got inside, she held her chest. Leaning on the wall for support. She can’t believe what happened back there. She was indeed the happiest when Dahyun chooses to stay, she just has to make sure it remains.

----------

The business is going smooth. Tzuyu felt more inspired with her girlfriend on her side.

 

There are times she met Taehyung again for business purposes. He was a nice young man to talk to. Polite and Gentleman. So, he is considered by Tzuyu as not just a simple business partner but also a friend. Though Tzuyu is still pissed at his sister, Jennie. Whenever, they visited, she’d always cling unto Dahyun.

 

“Come on V, tell your sister to stop flirting with Dahyun before I do” Tzuyu is pissed at them. Jennie is clearly flirting with Dahyun, without the other knowing.

 

“Let them be Tzu. Jennie liked Dahyun, they could be more than friends sooner” V told her which made Tzuyu slams the table. Making everyone flinch.

 

Dahyun was quick to push Jennie away, gently as possible, before checking on Tzuyu if she’s alright.

 

“They can’t. Because Dahyun is mine” Tzuyu told V before leaving.

----------

On the other night, it was only Jeongyeon and Dahyun, hanging out on the Banpo Bridge. Dahyun missed strolling around this area. The starts, the moon, she missed talking with them.

 

“Dahyun. Do you think you can still accomplish the mission?” Jeongyeon looked at her sadly

 

“To make her choose what she needs and not what she wants? Of course. Because I’d do anything to make her happy even if it means that I have to give her up” Dahyun said with a tear on her eyes.

 

“I really wish that it’s you who she needs but we don’t have the right to be like that” Jeongyeon gave Dahyun a pat on her shoulder.

 

“I know. What should I do then unnie?”

 

“You know what to do. Do it, before it’s too late Hyun”

----------

Both the couple had prepared something for one another. It will be a big night for the both of them without the each other knowing.

 

They are on Tzuyu’s home. Tzuyu prepared the places, ordered some roses, cooked food, and picked the finest main object she needs for today.

 

Dahyun had prepared a letter and a few roses, sharing how she felt for Tzuyu. Sealing it with a kiss, hoping for it to work.

 

Both are nervous yet brave.

 

Both are preparing for a change they never thought they have to.

 

Dahyun came from home, sniffing the favorite flowers of Tzuyu she had brought. That this is enough to make Tzuyu smile even a little.

 

Dahyun was confused at the decorations. Thinking of reasons, it was not Tzuyu’s birthday neither hers. Tzuyu can’t be promoted at work when she’s already the boss.

 

Dahyun walked towards the kitchen to see Tzuyu preparing a food, feast rather. It made Dahyun’s heart be in agony, but she can’t show it until she gave the letter.

 

“Hey” Dahyun greeted.

 

Tzuyu was starled, she did not expect the younger to be early. “Hey.” Tzuyu greeted back, leaving the stove for a minute to give the older a kiss on her cheeks.

 

“What’s the occasion?” Dahyun asked the younger, still wondering about the decorations

 

“Well, you beat me up to it. It was supposed to be a surprise for you” Tzuyu giggled happily.

 

“But why? It’s not my birthday, isn’t?” Dahyun wondered. “It wasn’t May, right? Did I skip time?”

 

“No silly. I just wanted to date you like this.”

 

Dahyun nodded and let Tzuyu finish her task. So, as they settled down, Dahyun gave the flowers to Tzuyu.

 

“Aww, Love. You remembered” While Tzuyu is smilling very happily at her favorite flower. Dahyun also smiled at the sight. She loves this.

 

“I also have one for you. I don’t know your favorite flower, so I ordered a lot” Tzuyu shyly gave the basket with different kind of flowers on it.

 

“Thank you Tzuyu” Dahyun said then put down the flowers on the side table.

 

“Can I have a dance with you Tzu?” Dahyun offered her hand. Tzuyu happily agrees and played a random song on her phone.

 

Tzuyu’s hand is placed on Dahyun’s neck while Dahyun had her hands on Tzuyu’s waist.

 

Tzuyu had a smile on her face, while Dahyun had a tear trying not to escape her eyes.

 

The song is almost over. And they must start to prepare their heart for whatever they have to do.

 

Tzuyu is ready to ask Dahyun to be hers’ forever, to be her wife.

 

While Dahyun is ready to break everything she and Tzuyu had.

 

“Let’s break up” Dahyun was fast.

 

“What? No.” Tzuyu said, looking up at the straight face Dahyun. Looking for a hint that it was a joke, but she can’t find any.

 

“Here” Dahyun gave Tzuyu the letter she had with her. Containing how she ended up playing with Tzuyu’s heart. How she made her believe it was all real. But this was all a set-up so she could go down to her position.

 

This had earned a hard slap from Tzuyu. A red mark is visible on Dahyun’s white skin.

 

“Sorry” Dahyun had said. Turning away.

 

“No. It’s okay. Use me more! Make me believe! Don’t leave me Dahyun. Please!” Tzuyu kneeled in front of her.

 

“I am not that selfish Tzu. I can’t let myself use you anymore” Dahyun said

 

“Then, come back to me as the real you! Dahyun, I could feel that you love me. You do, right?” Tzuyu not letting the older girl go. She can’t.

 

“I have to leave.” Dahyun without looking back, cried herself out the door.

 

“I do Tzu. I always do” Dahyun said as she walked away from her. This is what she had to do, because this is the right thing she must do, right?

----------

It’s been 2 weeks after they broke up. Tzuyu still goes to work, excelling to whatever she does.

 

She’s thankful that V did not stop helping her too. V is a great help on the business and on her peace of mind.

 

“Do you have any news about Dahyun yet?” V asked her.

 

“No. How about Jeongyeon?”

 

“I do not have either. Wow. How could the two suddenly vanished?” V is in between amused and terrified. Worried at the two that he considered as friend.

 

“What if someone held them captive? The one who set this all up!” Tzuyu got anxiety. Paranoid at what might happen to Dahyun.

 

“Calm down Tzuyu!” V held her into his arms. It doesn’t feel the same for Tzuyu when Dahyun was the one holding her but it still gave her a feeling of refuge.

 

What Tzuyu does not know is Dahyun is still looking at her, taking care of her. Making sure that Tzuyu still gets happy even without her.

 

“This is the right thing to do, Jeongyeon unnie, right? Why does it hurt so bad?” Dahyun cried in Jeongyeon’s shoulder, while seeing V and Tzuyu getting closer day by day.

 

“It will benefit you both. You are doing great, Dahyun-ah” Jeongyeon caress the younger’s back. Taking pity at her friend.

----------

It was 10pm, Tzuyu is at the parking lot. Waiting for her driver to pick her up. Drowsy at the tireness she felt at work.

 

Dahyun was about to go back down to give her a coffee but sees how another man dragged Tzuyu into a van harshly. Dahyun was to grab her phone, realizing she throw it away when she left on Chou’s. She face-palmed herself and followed the van that took her girl.

 

When she finally knew the place, she goes to a near phone booth to contact someone who could help. But still goes inside to try and save Tzuyu.

 

Dahyun’s heart break to see a blindfolded Tzuyu, crying, scared.

 

“Tzu.” Dahyun called out softly.

 

Tzuyu recognized the voice and almost stopped at crying.

 

“Unnie. Is that you? Are you here?” Tzuyu sobs, wanted to see desperately the owner of voice, so she tried shaking her body wildly to let the blindfold off, but failed.

 

“Shhh. I’ll save you. I promise. Do you still trust me?” Dahyun asked.

 

“Always” Tzuyu said, stopping her cry and trusting Dahyun her life once again.

 

Dahyun started to remove the chains on Tzuyu’s feet. Dahyun wanted to cry, seeing red marks on it. It must have hurt a lot. Then, she did the same on Tzuyu’s arm. She was about to remove the blindfold but a loud, deep voice echoed in a room.

 

“You! What are you doing here?”

 

Dahyun stopped and faced the man with a gun. Followed with a lot of men surrounding them with the same type of weapon.

 

A siren was heard outside. So, the man had no choice than to do their thing.

 

“Boys, fire!” Said by the man with deep voice again

 

“No!” Dahyun tackled Tzuyu and covered her. This is the best way she knew to protect the girl

 

Tzuyu could not keep still, while hearing gunshots and Dahyun’s soft groaning, so she took off her blindfolds quickly. Only to see Dahyun in front of her. What she can’t believe is what she is seeing now. A white wing in front of her. Shielding them in the fires. Though, the white is starting to get red. And Dahyun seemed to be in pain.

 

“Just hold on for a while. I’ll protect you” Dahyun said, smiling through the pain at Tzuyu like she always does.

 

“Dahyun…” Tzuyu started to cry. Not because she’s scared of what’s waiting outside the shield of Dahyun’s wing, but in Dahyun’s life. She is becoming paler as the gunshots kept going.

 

Not long ago, the place, was raided by the police, and Dahyun is quickly to hide her wings again. And faints on Tzuyu’s.

 

Tzuyu screams to see blood on Dahyun’s back. It hurts her so much.

----------

Gladly, V came into the scene with the police. They found out that it was Tzuyu’s relative who plotted this so they could get the business. V did not let it slide, and did everything to make sure for a lifetime sentence in prison.

 

Also, they are thankful that Jeongyeon was there too. She took Dahyun with her, explaining, Dahyun can’t go into the hospital, with Tzuyu’s support, they got away.

 

Dahyun is doing fine now. But, sadly…

 

They still had to part ways.

----------

“Why is He so cruel Unnie!!?? He let me meet you when you were meant to leave me too!” Tzuyu sobs in between Dahyun’s firm shoulder. Dahyun caress Tzuyu as a response.

 

“Unnie. Can’t you really stay?” Tzuyu added but with more soft and calm voice while tightening the embrace. Tzuyu knows that she isn’t in any place to ask or put the blame for falling in love with an angel. But she’s in pain. Parting ways is something she never expect as soon as she met Dahyun.

 

“He had a greater man prepared for you and it’s not me Tzu” Dahyun tried to hide all her emotions bottled up inside, it might cause her to not follow the rules and stay.

 

Tzuyu shakes her head “There’s nothing greater than you for me! Why can’t it just be you? Why can’t we be together?”

 

Dahyun stayed silent. Out of words. In their situation, Dahyun knows that her mission is to make Tzuyu happy but not let her to caught feelings in between. But Dahyun let her emotions as a human to take over her and still pursues this even with Jeongyeon’s warning.

 

“You’ll still watch over me Unnie, right?” Tzuyu sighed

 

Dahyun nodded. “Always Tzu. Always” Then, Dahyun cupped Tzuyu’s face on her shoulder to brings it closer to her.

 

Dahyun slowly leaned in to the bended younger girl and taste her lips again, she misses this and will miss this surely. It was soft yet emotional. It was filled with sweetness and bitterness of a beautiful bond they created over time.

 

It lasted for a minute before the warmth and lips of her beloved lingering on Tzuyu ghosted her. The younger girl chooses not to open her eyes because she knows that her angel won’t be there anymore.

 

“I’ll make you even proud Unnie. I promise” Tzuyu whispered into thin air, hoping that her message will be received by someone.