Look

Behind The Stage

Hey, so I just wanna inform you that I don't really have a plan to write long like 1000 words each chapter or more because I'll just write what I've imagined.

~ 🐥🐇 ~

Run. 

 

Maybe other people would think it's something that usually cowards did to solve overwhelming problems. But Joy had always been different. She always held onto her own opinion even if the world's against her. 

 

She definitely chose to run.

 

To be exact, she ran around the area of the dorm with a particular monolid girl behind her; wearing an outfit that was almost the same as Joy. Seulgi knew right away that something wrong happened between Joy and Irene —again— when she saw the taller girl was already all set in her dark-color sweats at 5 in the morning. Seulgi knews exactly that Joy wasn't the type of person who liked to wake up early. So she took it as a sign that Joy didn't just want to run around the complex but also run away from whatever she had to face.

 

Seulgi already had a glint idea about what feelings Joy and Irene had kept till now. In fact, the whole group already knew that those two women had fallen in love with each other for a long time. But they didn't want to have a finger in the pie because they also knew that whatever they did, Irene and Joy would keep sticking to their own perspective; always put the others on top of themselves.

Seulgi initially just aimed to be Joy's company without generating any action that she knew would just put another scar in Joy's heart. She promised herself the time she stepped out of the door this morning that she would just run behind Joy so that the girl wouldn't feel so lonely. But it turned out to be harder for Seulgi when she was watching Joy's back suddenly looked fragile and tired. She was fully aware that it's not only caused by their exercise but also from the suffering of her complicated love life.

 

"Joy.."Joy deafened herself. Really. She just wanted to escape from whatever made her chest feel like pressed. She wanted to be free.

 

"Joy, stop." Another call, but Joy didn't stop. After all she didn't invite Seulgi to run with her in the first place. So she didn't see any obligation to answer or even just talk about random things with Seulgi.

 

"Sooyoung-ah."

 

Maybe a sense of rising anger wasn't just formed in Joy but also in the not-so-small body behind her. Because after the third call, without hesitation, Seulgi jerked Joy's hand just so that the younger girl can stop and face her.

 

"Park Sooyoung!!"

 

"What?! What do you want, unnie?!" Seulgi didn't exactly make plan on what she would do next when Joy faced her. Well, maybe yelling at her with some preaching sentences telling her to finish whatever problem existed between her and Irene was something she had thought before. But that was just a brief scheme.

And when she realized there was tear in the edge of Joy's eyes, Seulgi knew that she had lost before she even got the chance.

 

"I... I'm just... Sooyoung-ah, it's okay."

 

That's the break-down time. A single tear rolled down Joy soft cheeks before falling to the ground beneath her feet. Her eyes were still burning because of her persistence to keep stabbing Seulgi with her sharp glare. Actually, it's just a mask. Joy wasn't mad because of the cat-eyed girl bringing up this topic when she wanted to clear her mind. Joy was furious at herself because she couldn't even manage to keep calm when she knew Seulgi would definitely try hard to sooth her feelings. Trying to make her feel better albeit the result didn't live up to her expectations.

Almost like Irene, she didn't like it when her weakness was seen by others. But she also knew that if it eventually did, she shouldn't be mad at them. Now with Seulgi rubbing her wrist so gently, making her want to give up within her own pain, Sooyoung got angrier by time flies. 

 

She has to be strong on the sights of her members; that's her principle.

 

But she was still lost though.

 

"No! It's not okay, unnie!! I'm afraid. You're going to move out soon. I'm terrified that Joohyun-unnie will leave me too. And by leaving me, it doesn't just mean the place where she'll reside but also her feelings." From a few steps back Joy took one by one, Seulgi realized that she had made a wrong decision. Discussing this with Joy in the morning when she saw Joy walk out of Irene's room earlier, was surely the worst choice.

 

"I kno—"

 

"No, you don't know!! You'll never know what I feel!!"

 

Seulgi wasn't going to lie, it hurt to see Joy looked so vulnerable with both her hands wrapping her own body like she was in a deep cold. Well, maybe all of the pressure she had felt all these times was starting to make the younger's emotion freeze. Her tears, her gaze. Everything was just too much for Joy, considering her age, Seulgi thought to herself.

Seulgi surely wanted to help. She always did. But seeing the proof that helping may be just the same as torturing, Seulgi stopped herself from coming forward; fully understood that coming closer was just another thing that would make Joy run away farther than she had now.

 

"Just... let me alone for a moment, unnie. Please."

 

With that demand, Seulgi leased Joy to continue her morning activity, which was also a vent to release the soreness in her heart.

 

"Okay."

###