fin

Mors Sola
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungsoo walked listlessly towards his parked car. He had been in a daze ever since he left the hospital doctor's office.

"I'm so sorry to tell you this Mr. Park but we just confirmed that your pancreatic cancer that we have discovered is already on its 4th stage. I'm afraid I should prepare you for the worst."

The doctor's words still rang in his ears. He must be having nightmare. How can he just become severely ill like this. He still feels healthy, how can he be dying after six months?

 

Jungsoo dragged his already numb legs and slumped on the driver's seat. As soon as he heard the lock of his car doors, the emotions he have been restraining since an hour ago finally bursted out. Tears flooded his eyes like there's no tomorrow while he sobbed bitterly. But in the midst of his breakdown, only one person occupied his mind-- Heechul.

Jungsoo sobbed harder at the thought of his boyfriend Heechul. Much worse than the fear of dying, he was terrified on how this news will hurt the other. But he knew he needs to tell it to him soon. They promised one another never to keep a secret from each other and he hates the idea of making him cry if he lied. Afterall, it's better that the news comes from him rather than discovering it somewhere else.

 

 

Already calmed down but still having red and puffy eyes, Jungsoo quietly entered their rented apartment. He had been living with Heechul for quite a while now and unlike him, his boyfriend works from their home.

"Oh! you're already here Honey?" Heechul greeted without looking at him, as his back was facing the door while he was sitting on the dining table busy infront of his laptop.

Instead of answering, Jungsoo quickly went towards Heechul and tightly hugged him from behind, burying his face on the other's left shoulder. He deeply inhaled his lover's sweet scent that always had an effective calming effect to him.

"Ya, I'm still working here. What's gotten into you? Why are you suddenly cli--"
Heechul halted his sentence as he finally noticed that Jungsoo seemed to be sobbing.

Heechul immediately stood up and faced the crying Jungsoo, his face filled with worry.

"Jungsoo-ya, honey what's wrong?" he asked as he tried to dry the flood of tears with the sleeves of his sweater.

Still, Jungsoo did not answer. Instead, he continued hugging Heechul tightly while he sobbed on his shoulder. Heechul decided that he needs to calm Jungsoo first so he just continued running his right hand in comforting circles on his back while his left one pats the back of his head. 

Heechul feels heartbroken seeing Jungsoo this vulnerable and in agony. Without the other telling him about the problem, he already knew that there's at least one; and it would be something big. Heechul could already feel the intense anxiousness creeping in but he had to hold it together, at least until Jungsoo tells him what is wrong.
 

 

 

When he finally calmed down, Jungsoo quietly sat infront of Heechul's laptop, long abandoned by its owner who was now busy brewing coffee at the kitchen. Minutes later, Heechul returned and placed the cups of coffee on the table and settled on the chair beside his boyfriend.

"So... want to talk about it now?" Heechul finally said, breaking the deafening silence between them. He faced Jungsoo and smile at him reassuringly.

 

Gathering all the courage he could muster in his lifetime, Jungsoo took a deep breath before uttering the words that felt like bullet in Heechul's being.

"I-I'm dying Chul."

Jungsoo said in a voice that is in between a sob and a whisper. But it was loud enough for Heechul to grasp the severity of their problem. He instantly felt the familiar sharp pain in his chest. But he will himself to ignore it, grasping the cup with his trembling hands instead.

"Tell me everything about it Jungsoo." Heechul calmly replied as he looked Jungsoo straight in the eyes. And it was that look in the eyes that Jungsoo needed as reassurance, that somehow it's gonna be okay.

 

So, Jungsoo told Heechul everything that the doctor told him even the amount of time that he have left. The whole time he was talking, Heechul was just quietly listening and nodding from time to time. However what his lover said after he finished his explanation was not what he had expected.

 

"Let's get married Jungsoo." Heechul declared with weak smile before passing out and almost falling to the floor if not for Jungsoo's quick reflexes that were able to catch him before he hit the ground. 

 

Jungsoo then lifted his boyfriend's light body before grabbing his phone and car keys. He moved calmly, as if this was a usual scenario in their life. Actually, it really is a usual scenario.

Jungsoo's boyfriend, Heechul, have a con heart condition that worsens as he age. Because of this, he never actually enjoyed any physical activity as it's pretty much dangerous. This is also the reason why he is just at home as his body is much weaker than a regular person and he was long banned by his doctor to do strenuous activities and be exposed to stressful scenarios.

Jungsoo was well aware of all the risk that he was taking when he decided to tell his boyfriend the truth about his current condition. But being with someone like Heechul for a long time now, the anxiety of knowing all the details and truth is better than the anxiety of being left in the dark. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter