Dream to Reality

Who Do I Love?

 

 

 

 

 

Days were passing by and with each passing days, everything felt unreal. Her fascination for Baekhyun grew stronger and stronger; they texted each other a lot every night, his multiple gifts with beautiful quotes attached to it filled her house which she can’t even complain about. It was her first time feeling this way, the giddiness which she only felt when she read something romantic; the comfort, the assurance and the security she has felt that with her friends but with Baekhyun it was intense.

 

Ahyeong didn’t know since when Baekhyun has become her happiness. Her days start with him and end with him only. But recently she has become so busy herself that she was unable to spend much time with him.

 

He was very understanding though, but she could not miss the sadness in his voice. She always ended up feeling guilty for declining him for dates but her patients needed her more and it didn’t help either when she was asked to handle her senior’s patients too who apparently had some kind of family emergency.

 

She sighed while laying herself down on the blanket she has splayed on the ground. She traced the embroidered name with her dainty fingers that was yet to be completed. She chuckled at the memory of Chunghee, where he said she has completely become a housewife material who didn’t hesitated to do anything in order to impress her to be husband.

 

She herself couldn’t decipher the fact that she was doing all the things she once hated in the past, but it did come handy now. From knitting scarf to making Yuja tea she handpicked herself. She has definitely gone crazy for him.

 

Hugging the knitted scarf closer to her chest she closed her eyes while breathing in the sweet scent of the cherry blossoms.

 

Was she really in love with him or is it her dream that has made her believe so? She is still clueless and has zero idea about love. Is it similar to the warmth she feels with her friends and Sihyun or is it entirely different?

 

How a relationship does exactly feels like? What a loving family feels like? How a husband and wife love each other? How does it feel like to come to a real home where someone is waiting for you? She is finally going to start her own family in just few days and the thought itself send her to cloud 9.

 

Ahyeong’s reverie was interrupted at the sound of the leaves crunching. She sat up and looked behind her to find Kyungsoo making his way towards her. She quickly shoved the scarf in the bag next her.

 

“Did I startle you?” He smiled before settling himself down next to her.

She shook her head in denial while nervously chuckling before looking away.

“What were you doing?” He pointed towards the bag. So much for the hiding she thought.

 

“Uhm I was doing some embroidery to destress.” She smiled shyly while tucking her loose strand behind her hair. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows at the gesture making Ahyeong anxious. Did she say something wrong?

 

“Did it hurt a lot?” He took hold of her hands to examine, covered in band-aids. Ahyeong’s eyes widened while her heart started beating faster at the male’s action. She froze in her place unable to comprehend what was happening.

 

Getting no answers from the female, Kyungsoo looked up only to laugh at her reaction.

“Why are you so red?”

 

Snatching her hands away from his hold she tried to hid her face away from him. What the hell was that? She isn’t supposed to feel that way for someone who isn’t her husband. She wanted to scream and scold her heart for reacting that way.

 

“Oppa is sorry for making baby Ahyeong flustered.” An amused Kyungsoo ruffled her head and all she wanted was to hide away from him. Why was he being like that?

 

“I am not a baby.” She retorted her face still covered with her hands.

 

“You are so cute just like a baby.” He cooed. Was it the karma for what she did in those dreams where she mercilessly for being cute? Suddenly an idea popped inside her head.

 

“Oppa is cuter.” Ahyeong said in cute voice. The horror in the male’s eyes was the cue for Ahyeong to keep continuing. “Oppa is so cute that even baby feels jealous. Your cheeks are so fluffy and you even blink so cutely.”

 

“Stop it. I am not cute” Kyungsoo cringed at her antics.

“But you are so-so cute.” She continued while poking her tongue out.

“This kid”, He huffed.

“You started first.” She argued.

“Sorry for calling you cute baby Ahyeongie.” He sassed making Ahyeong laugh. He was still the same just like in the dream.

There was a brief silence which was broken by the male.

“I still haven’t received the invitation for your wedding.” He teased. Ahyeong chuckled before responding.

“I will once I myself get my hands on it.” He nodded his head in understanding.

“I don’t want to sound intruding but may I know who your fiancé is.” Kyungsoo asked hesitatingly. Ahyeong’s eyes widened in realization, she still hasn’t disclosed it to the male.

“Byun Baekhyun.” She shyly smiled while the male blinked his eyes in surprise.

 

“You are the heir of Pristine Corporations.” He asked while his eyebrows furrowed more.

“Is something wrong with that?” Ahyeong nervously chuckled not really expecting that kind of reaction.

 

“I didn’t know you were a rich girl.” He lightly chuckled while looking away. Ahyeong was torn between what exactly to feel, get offended because it sounded more like a taunt or to ask him what was exactly wrong. Letting out a soft ‘oh’ she too looked away.

 

“I should leave before someone comes searching for me.” Kyungsoo laughed a little before getting up to leave. Ahyeong responded him with a nod.

 

Once he was out of sight, she couldn’t help but think about his strange behavior. Was there something wrong with her being rich or maybe it was due to the fact that she was the heir of Pristine Corporations? Her brain started to think about every possible scenario that might have made him react that way. What if her parents have done something bad to him or his parents? She needs to find about it.

 

Packing her stuffs she made her way towards the hospital.

 

 

 

“I can’t believe I am leaving this house in just two days.” Ahyeong splayed herself in the couch. Ahyeong glanced at the calendar which was bidding goodbye to April and was about to welcome May in two days. Her wedding which was supposed to happen in mid may was somehow preponed to early may as of may 1.

“The very house you are planning to sell in few days.” Her friend scoffed while settling herself next to Ahyeong.

“I am not exactly selling it, I am just transferring the property rights to someone I trust.” Ahyeong turned to face her friend.

“And who is that trustworthy person?” Hyoson questioned.

Ahyeong creepily smiled before answering, “Oh Sehun.”

That got Hyoson to sit up straight from her laying position.

“What are you- no, what exactly are you thinking. Ahyeong, you bought this house with your hard earned money so why are you even giving it away like that and that too to that spoiled brat.” She breathed heavily.

 

Ahyeong bit her lips all the while fiddling with her finger, reluctant about disclosing the real reason behind her such move but she didn’t have any other option left than to do it.

 

“I am afraid if I don’t sell this house or transfer it in someone’s name then my mother is going to destroy this house.” She relayed.

 

“She what?” Hyoson yelled before calming herself down. “I know you don’t want to hear anything ill regarding your mother from me but it’s not fine, the way she is acting is not fine and it infuriates me more that we don’t know exactly how to counter her.”

 

“But why Sehun out of all people? You know you can transfer it in your Prince Charming’s name.” She voiced her thoughts.

 

“Sehun is the last person she would want to mess around with and I don’t want to pull Baekhyun in my mess. I don’t want him to get in the bad books of my parents due to this and I know my parents well that they will leave no stone unturned to make him suffer.” She explained

 

“Aren’t you underestimating him too much? He is a smart business for god sake who must have known what he was getting himself into when he decided to marry you.” Hyoson countered.

 

“I know that but I just feel I shouldn’t drag him into my hell.” She replied timidly.

“So you are okay with dragging Sehun in this.” Hyoson raised her one brow making Ahyeong purse her lips.

“He is untouchable.” Ahyeong answered with her poker face making Hyoson sigh in frustration.

“What kind of trump card is he hiding that makes him so immune to your parent’s threats?” She asked.

“I am not aware of that but I just know my parents won’t mess up with him.”

“Have you told him about this?” Hyoson questioned.

“He doesn’t have to know.” Ahyeong replied while her gaze shifted to the ceiling.

 

The door bell rang interrupting them before Hyoson can ask Ahyeong to explain further. Ahyeong got up to head towards the door to open it, revealing Na Jiho.

“Mrs. Han asked me to pick the documents she gave you last week. Have you signed it?” He asked in his robotic voice. She sighed at the man’s distant tone before inviting him inside.

Hyoson eyed the male when he sat across her while Ahyeong headed inside her bedroom.

“It’s been a long time.” She spoke nonchalantly with the male who only politely smiled at her.

“Why are you acting so distant as if we didn’t just work together in the past?” Hyoson scoffed making the male glare at her.

“Wow! People seriously these think that they look cool when they act so rude.” She murmured.

“I heard that.” The male gritted through his teeth making the woman roll her eyes.

 

“Here”, Ahyeong returned with a manila file which she handed to Jiho who nodded before getting up to leave.

“I need a favor from you.” Ahyeong spoke before the male can take a step away from them.

Jiho turned to Ahyeong and his gaze questioning her ‘what she meant by it’ before looking at Hyoson who looked equally confused.

 

 

 

Everything was nerve-wrecking at the moment and the tension looming inside her dressing room did nothing but add more stress to her nervous self. All the spa and massage sessions her mother paid for went down the drain the moment she stepped inside the wedding venue; the same place where her engagement ceremony was held but this time it was more crowded.

 

It’s not that Ahyeong haven’t witnessed any wedding it’s just that she wasn’t an active part of it until her own, so having a firsthand experience was scary. What if something goes wrong? What if she messes up?

“Do all the bride feels this way?” She looked up at the hairstylist who was busy struggling with her waist length hair.

“Feel like what? Like them having second thoughts about their marriage or thinking about running away.” She joked.

“She would rather run towards her husband than running away from him.” Her friend added before Ahyeong could even react. It was true though in many ways.

“So it’s true I guess?” The hairstylist mused making the two friends look at her in confusion.

“You haven’t heard about the rumor?” She asked after contemplating their reaction.

“What rumor?” Ahyeong and Hyoson asked in unison.

“A lot of people I know said that it was love at first sight for Mr. Byun and he did everything in his power to pursue you.” She spoke dreamily while the other females present their shyly smiled and squealed. Ahyeong shyly looked down at her lap. He did tell her something about that but people already knowing about this was suddenly making her giddy.

“How was it like to be pursued by the most eligible bachelor?” The makeup artist asked this time making Ahyeong go hazy with her shyness.

“He definitely went all out I must say.” Hyoson giggled while giving a knowing look to Ahyeong leading to more squeals to erupt at the revelation.

“It sounds like a fairytale.” Someone prompted from behind. Indeed everything was like a fairytale, she felt like the princess stuck in castle and her Prince came to her rescue.

Their moment of laughter was interrupted when the wedding planner asked them to hurry up the process as the guests have started to arrive.

***

 

Ahyeong took a deep breath trying hard not to bite her lips while her father came to stand next to her when the wedding planner told them it was time for them to head inside. With no words exchanged between them they started walking ahead.

 

When the door opened, Ahyeong was awed at the beauty the aisle held. She couldn’t exactly describe it but it was filled with pink and white peonies in the sky blue stage. She still remembered when Baekhyun asked for her opinions regarding the theme. It felt good that he considered it.

 

Her eyes naturally drifted towards the man who was dressed in Light gray suit looking gorgeous as ever. She smiled at him after they had their eye contact. From today onwards she was going to be starting a new page of her life that promised nothing but happiness and she was glad that Baekhyun was going to be a part of it.

 

Upon reaching the main stage, her father handed her hand to Baekhyun who gladly took it. The priest started with the vows she didn’t bother hearing, as all of her attention were on the man before her.

Her attention was short-lived when the man in front of her loudly said ‘I do’. Ahyeong slightly turned towards the priest trying not to get distracted again. It was the same promises that asked the couple to be there for each other that she unofficially promised to her mother in law.

“I do” She said giddily before looking at the male. The entire venue thundered with the sound of claps and hollers.

“Now you may kiss the bride.” Ahyeong gave him a small smile making Baekhyun lean towards her painfully slower than she expected. The anticipation skyrocketed when his lips were just a breath apart. It was her first kiss and maybe his first kiss too.

 

Ahyeong closed her eyes as his lips landed on hers which happened to be just a small peck. She opened her eyes to look at the male who has turned his face towards everyone while smiling like a fool. She controlled the urge to touch her lips where he just kissed.

Her vision became hazy when she turned towards the front. Baekhyun held her hand before they slowly descended down the stage towards their parents for their blessings.

 

 

 

 

Ahyeong couldn’t focus on one thing; she was dragged from one place to another. She couldn’t even identify between her own relatives to that of Baekhyun’s. As much as she wanted to enjoy her own wedding reception, everything around her was giving her headache.

 

After the cake cutting ceremony, people from both the side started sharing their thoughts and experience while blessing the couple.

“I now request the dearest cousin of the bride, Oh Sehun to say a few words for the newlyweds.” Ahyeong’s breath hitched at the MCs announcement. She internally prayed that Sehun would dismiss the idea but seems like he had some other plans.

 

Sehun chuckled before starting, “I don’t know exactly where to begin with but we have to start from somewhere right.” He gave Ahyeong a knowing look before continuing, “It’s strange growing up, you know; everything changes even people I guess but not Ahyeong Noona. She is still the same just like how she was when we were younger, she was very naughty and~.” He dragged.” I will keep the rest as secret and will hope that her husband will be able to see it too.”

“Isn’t it hyung?” He smirked towards the male who just smiled at him. Everyone laughed at his words while Ahyeong kept looking at the male nonchalantly. What a way to curse someone she thought.

 

*

 

“I will rip his hair once I get my hands on him.” Hyoson whispered with a smile as she sipped on some wine.

“I can’t believe people found his cryptic speech funny. I was funnier than him.” Chunghee sulked making the two females look at him in disbelief before getting away from him.

“Where is your dream boy?” Her friend asked while following Ahyeong who sped walk towards a less crowded place that happens to be the small garden in the centre of the mansion.

“Must be with his friends I suppose.” She answered still walking ahead.

 

“Wait, isn’t that Kyungsoo Sunbaenim.” Hyoson held Ahyeong’s wrist to stop her from moving further. Ahyeong followed her friend’s line of vision to find Kyungsoo and five more males surrounding her husband talking about something seriously. Did they know each other?

 

“What is he doing with your husband? Are they friends? Did you know about this?” Hyoson asked. Ahyeong shook her head in denial contemplating if she should go towards them.

 

“Let’s go.” She grabbed Hyoson hands before dragging her away. Her thoughts jumbled. Why Kyungsoo never told her about his friendship with Baekhyun? Why did he hide this from her?

“What are you thinking?” Before Ahyeong can answer, her maternal aunt Han Mira called for her.

“I was looking for you.” The woman spoke as she neared her. “I can’t believe you have grown up into such a beautiful woman.” She patted her cheeks before smiling at Hyoson who took the sign to leave the two females alone.

“How are you?” She asked Ahyeong.

“I am fine and you.” Ahyeong smiled

“Me too.” She replied before looking around. “I am sorry on behalf of Sehun. What he said was not right.” The older woman lowered her head in shame.

“It’s nothing.” She said in her tiny voice.

 

“Eomma what are you doing here.” Sehun’s voice interrupted the peaceful atmosphere between the two women as he charged towards them.

“I am-” Before the older woman can say anything he dragged her away from Ahyeong while looking at her in disdain. She could never fathom his hate towards her when it should be other way around.

 

 

 

After coming back, Ahyeong found herself in the arms of her husband as they waltzed to the beats of music. Out of the two Baekhyun seemed to be enjoying it the most while Ahyeong followed his lead.

 

When it finally ended she took a breath of relief as they made their way towards their car that was going to take them to his home or more specifically their home, she smiled at the thought. She glanced at the male walking next to her, who seems to be extremely tired.

Once they settled inside the car, Baekhyun closed his eyes to rest his tired self. Ahyeong took one last glance at him feeling bad before turning her gaze towards the scenery this journey offered until they reach their destination.

 

As soon as they reached his place, Baekhyun got out of the car while the chauffer opened the door for her. She looked at the penthouse that stood tall in his glory. Unlike his ancestral house it had modern touch to it.

Suppressing her yawn she followed Baekhyun who was already walking ahead of her in urgency. She smiled at the male, he must be tired.

After climbing the stairs which she lost count of, he stopped in front of the door that she supposed was going to be their bedroom. The giddy feeling and her friend’s teasing about the first night stormed her insides. She bit her lips waiting for the male to open the door.

Instead he turned around to face her with an unreadable expression before speaking.

“Where do you think you are going?” His voice was cold and distant, successfully catching Ahyeong off guard. She blinked her eyes at the man before opening to speak but no words came out.

“Your room is downstairs.” He said before turning away to open the door.

“Why?” She finally found her voice unable to understand anything at that moment. His hand that held the door knob halted in its motion as he let out a humorless chuckle.

“What do you want to hear? Because I can’t promise my words will be flowery.” He said in a mocking tone while once again turning around to face her

Ahyeong’s hand trembled and her heart raced as she stared at him without blinking her eyes. The person before her wasn’t the Baekhyun she married. He was someone else she can’t recognize.

“Why do you mean?” Ahyeong gathered every ounce of courage that was slipping away from her like sand.

Baekhyun ran his fingers through his hairs before closing his eyes for a brief moment.

“This marriage is nothing but an agreement we both signed.” He gestured with his fingers. “Just like any other high profile arranged marriages, it’s for the show.”

“Well if you are curious about why I married you then the answer is”, he paused before making eye-contact with her; “I married you because you were a quest I was supposed to conquer in order to get what I wanted.” He said every word slowly which felt like thousand daggers that pierced through her heart little by little.

 

Ahyeong let out a silent ‘oh’ as she stared blankly at the man who smirked at her before entering his bedroom leaving the woman behind. She stared at the closed door desperately wishing it was all a joke.

 

 

Cookie Clip:

“Hyung”, Sehun whined exasperatedly as he trailed after Baekhyun, “How many times should I say the same thing to make you understand that this marriage is not good for you?”

Baekhyun halted in his steps to turn to face the younger one with his narrowed eyes.

“And how many times should I say the same thing for you to understand that I am still marrying her?” He retorted.

“Please just cancel this marriage.” Sehun begged. Baekhyun rolled his eyes before looking back at him to come with another retort but was interrupted by the last person he expected to speak on this matter.

“I agree with Sehun. I don’t know what exactly your intention is regarding this marriage but whatever you are doing is not right.” Kyungsoo looked straight into Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Kyungsoo ah I know what I am doing and my decision is full and final and none of your opinion matters.” Baekhyun got out from the room after slamming the door leaving his other friends sighed out in exasperation at the whole fiasco. Byun Baekhyun was a stubborn man and he only listen to himself.

Kyungsoo felt helpless at the moment and slightly guilty towards Ahyeong for not being able to save her from what was coming her way. Ever since he learned that his junior he adored so much was marrying his childhood best friend, he couldn’t help but tried to persuade his friend to rethink his decision but the male didn’t budge.

“I guess the least we could do is to stand by his side so that he doesn’t get hurt at the end of the day.” Jongdae tried to convince the others. Everyone nodded their heads except Sehun and Kyungsoo but for completely different reasons.

 

 

A sneak peak of Author’s mind:

Surprise!!!

Finally I am done with this chapter. It was an emotional chapter for me but I don’t know about you. If some of you feel like ‘why the sudden twist’, well that particular line- you were a quest I had to and blah-blah was the main driving inspiration for this story and the plot came naturally even though my story telling is not that good but I sincerely hope you are getting the plot. I expected a lot of comments in the last chapter because I kind of put a lot of hints that maybe Baekhyun’s character seemed to be a little fishy and I even went overboard with that but no one got it.

Another thing, this story is not a simple typical love story, it’s going to be a very angsty one, so be prepared for more heartbreaks. I think there is a chance, that many of you might reread the first few chapters because it’s going to come handy in later chapters.

Thank You.