Chapter 9

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo 

"Nae? Hand me the pink hair tie.. The one with the little heart." I said as I pulled her hair into pigtails while she was watching the TV. Her chubby little hand reached out holding the hair tie and I took it from her and tied her hair up. I pulled back to inspect my work. She looked cute with two pigtails on either side of her head. Not to mention those little hearts on the hair tie. Lisa had gifted Nae a bunch of cute accessories on her last birthday and she'd be so happy to see Naomi wear them.  

"Mommy! Look! There's a buwwy!" she said clapping her hands. I smiled and nodded and my brother came sauntering into the room. 

"You girls ready?" he asked and I nodded picking up Naomi's diaper bag and my purse while my brother picked Nae up into his arms.  

"Buwwy!" Nae whined as I turned the TV off and checked to see if any of the appliances were on due to my carelessness.  The three of us along with Seulgi, Seulgi's wife, Lisa and her boyfriend were going out for lunch. We had a rare day off and we decided to go out and have lunch.  

"Mind her head!" I called out as I watched my brother tuck and buckle Naomi into her car seat. 

"Sheesh.  I know!" he grumbled and walked over to the driver's seat while I sat beside him.  

"Need the GPS?" I asked as he pulled out of the driveway. 

"It's the one near your old dance studio right?" he asked after a beat. 

"Yup, I'm shocked you remember that. But you need to make a turn at the junction and not the one near the mall."  

"You mean take the road that goes towards Dad's office?" he asked and I nodded.  

"You still surprise me sometimes" I said as I looked out of the window. 

"Jeez. I grew up here! I've only been in the US for a couple years now. I cannot forget the streets of where I grew up that fast!"  

"So you say" I replied with a chuckle. We fell into a comfortable silence and for a while neither of us spoke 

"What about you?" he asked 

"Me?"  

"Yeah, don't think I didn't notice your little breakdown the other day? You seem to have forgotten that I was awake that night. I had a meeting remember?" he asked and I stiffened 

"I….. Am fine" I said refusing to meet his eyes.  

"You're not and I am sure everyone knows it. But, we've tried to help you as much as we can and we will continue to do so. Just…. Don't give up Momo" he said and I turned to look at him.

"I'm fine" I said once again and he shrugged.  

"I know you are, it's just there are these times when you lose yourself. I can see it in your face, and last time you told me that you didn't even know who you'd become. You have changed, but you're still you. You're still Momo, my younger sister. And I can see the exhaustion on your face but I'm sure you will get through it. You always do." he explained when I gave him a face. I wanted to ask him what he meant by that but I was interrupted by my daughter.  

"Mommy!" Naomi whined and I turned to look back at why she was upset. I cringed when I saw that my phone had turned off and she was unable to continue her Youtube session. 

"NaeNae! That's enough alright? See? The phone's tired and is taking a nap. You can watch Bunny and his friends later." I said as I stretched to flick my phone out of her hands.  

"But I want Bunny! Buwwy!" she whined kicking her legs in the air. 

"You just made things worse my idiotic sister." Yuta teased with a wince as a shrill cry began to fill the car. 

I sighed and  groaned before turning on the radio in vain attempts to drown out her cries. I couldn't give in to her cries all the time. I needed to instill some basic etiquette into that spoiled girl in the back. Spoiled by her uncle, her aunts and self proclaimed god mothers.  

"This is the turn right?" Yuta interrupted my thoughts as we neared the turning. I nodded in response as I tried to calm Naomi down before we got off at the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter